Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anything to be done about rubbing up front?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anything to be done about rubbing up front?

I just upgraded to some 225/50/R15's (bfg g-force sport) and I noticed today that when turning at extreme left/right or near lock that my tires are in fact rubbing against the plastic in front of them.

Is there anything to be done about this or is it just a general rule to not turn at-lock or near-lock with wide tires?
    Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
    Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

noob question, but does rolling your fenders have anything to do with fixing this problem?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeE30325i View Post
      noob question, but does rolling your fenders have anything to do with fixing this problem?
      Dumbass noobie answer. No it doesnt have anything to do with it.

With more meat a lot of people put the locks/stops on their rack to eliminate that turn to rub. I am going to have to do the same.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by e30 Groupie View Post
        Dumbass noobie answer. No it doesnt have anything to do with it.

With more meat a lot of people put the locks/stops on their rack to eliminate that turn to rub. I am going to have to do the same.
        thanks dude.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeE30325i View Post
          thanks dude.
          You mocked him calling him a noob. Then gave advice on something of which you have no clue or experience with. To top it off you were wrong. If you dont know, dont answer. He didnt say anything about his arches. Well deserved, so, you are welcome.
          sigpic

Comment

You mocked him calling him a noob. Then gave advice on something of which you have no clue or experience with. To top it off you were wrong. If you dont know, dont answer. He didnt say anything about his arches. Well deserved, so, you are welcome.
            you are misunderstood. i was referring to my own question about the fender rolling as the noobie question. not his. i was not offering advice, ani was asking a question about fender rolling solving some problems.

a little confusion is alright. glad we cleared it up.

Comment

You know we like to bust your balls any chance we get :)
              sigpic

Comment

You know we like to bust your balls any chance we get :)

lolz

now back to the original topic.

get them steering rack locks to save yourself the rubber

Comment

Steering rack locks eh? hopefully not a pain in the ass to install.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzen View Post
                    Steering rack locks eh? hopefully not a pain in the ass to install.
                    if i knew how difficult it is i would tell ya, but i only have 195 65 r14's on my blingin ride, so i dont have this problem. though after you install them, if you do, throw up some pics and let us know.

Comment

they arent they just go on the tie rod. You pull the boot back and tighten them down.
                      sigpic

Comment

Dude I am running the same tire an size on a car with a cup kit on it. How much rub are you getting? Cuz I don't have a lot. I not gonna worry about it, they dont rub enough to make a shit one way or another.
                        Originally posted by Fusion
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

Comment

Yes, wide tires will rub the inside fender liner at full lock. At ET25 with 225's tires, I experienced this. At ET20, I didn't.

Just don't turn the wheel as much during parking. Or if you hit it, don't cry, you're just polishing the plastic.

Comment

you could take a hammer to it or cut the plastic...

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                            @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                              Yes, wide tires will rub the inside fender liner at full lock. At ET25 with 225's tires, I experienced this. At ET20, I didn't.

Just don't turn the wheel as much during parking. Or if you hit it, don't cry, you're just polishing the plastic.
                              Ah ok, i'm at ET25 as well right now, guess i'll just ignore it for now, there's not much rubbing anyway

Comment

Working...
                              X