Parts Suppliers for Euro Only Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parts Suppliers for Euro Only Parts

I am having some difficulties finding simple parts for my M40 engine: things like gaskets and hoses.

Most places don't have them. ECS has them but shipping times are weeks away.

Autodoc.uk wants $100 to ship them to the US

Schmeidmann wants $50 to ship them to the US.

Anybody have any better options?

Earlier this year I ordered some stuff from Schmeidmann, and even after exhaustively looking around their price, even with shipping turned out to be better. If you are doing the intake, don't forget the preheater o ring, and know that most vac hoses are/were NLA, so have a large selection of misc. hoses on hand. Also ran in to the AFM outlet being smaller than the intake boot, but was able to solve that by cutting the lip off of the old one, and placing it inside the new intake boot as a spacer.

Consider getting a new cam/lifter/rocker kit too, if yours is at all suspect, and if it fits your budget.

Comment

If ECS can get parts, then
      https://www.getbmwparts.com can too.

Though, it can take weeks too.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
        Earlier this year I ordered some stuff from Schmeidmann, and even after exhaustively looking around their price, even with shipping turned out to be better. If you are doing the intake, don't forget the preheater o ring, and know that most vac hoses are/were NLA, so have a large selection of misc. hoses on hand. Also ran in to the AFM outlet being smaller than the intake boot, but was able to solve that by cutting the lip off of the old one, and placing it inside the new intake boot as a spacer.
        I've had the same experience as roguetoaster with Schmeidmann. Not only can they get non-USA parts quickly, but they are also sometimes able to source parts that are supposedly NLA on this side of the pond. I needed about $250 of parts for my E39 M5 earlier this year and Schmeidmann's prices were so much lower than any USA source that I saved money even with the shipping charge. If Schmeidmann has the parts are in stock, they arrive at my house in NC in less than 2 weeks. I haven't ordered from them since the M5 order and I believe the minimum shipping charge was about $38, so it is disappointing if the min is now $50.

I've had no luck getting non-USA parts from any BMW dealer here, including getbmwparts.com. Maximillian Importing / BMW Mobile Tradition can get them, but the prices are high and it takes forever.
        1992 325i Cabrio
        1988 320i Touring
        2000 M5
        1977 530i
        2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
        BMWCCA
        E30CCA

Comment

If I recall the initial shipping charge showed as ~$50, and when I put the actual info in place it came down to ~30 something. Unfortunately they use DHL, and that always seems to take forever to get to me.

Comment

I need new rubber gaskets/seals for the rear windows on my Touring, and for the hatch. Does anyone know how to order this stuff? I hear some of it is NLA.... ?

Comment

Originally posted by mach schnell View Post
              I need new rubber gaskets/seals for the rear windows on my Touring, and for the hatch. Does anyone know how to order this stuff? I hear some of it is NLA.... ?
              Here is my recommendation:

1. Get the part #s from RealOEM.
              2. Search the part numbers on the Schmeidmann web site. If Schmeidmann shows no match for the part # search, they are NLA.
              3. Order the parts they show available.

I bought a rear hatch seal from them approx 3 years ago.
              1992 325i Cabrio
              1988 320i Touring
              2000 M5
              1977 530i
              2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
              BMWCCA
              E30CCA

Comment

On exterior seals it's often realistic to get a near match even if the part is NLA, try using the term "bulb" with your weatherstripping search.

Comment

hi,
                  ahh the love of the tourings ! ive just been reading few of these section,
                  parts for tourings,

yes !
                  i have good euro oem second hand touring parts available, ,,, ariels, side glass, poss seals, rear spoiler,, rear boot internal parts,,etc,,
                  feel free to find out , cheers

Comment

https://www.autohausaz.com Seems to have great prices

Comment

Have had good luck with these guys on older/non-US items.
                      1994 Toyota Land Cruiser
                      1988 635 CSI
                      1994 318i Touring Design

Comment

Working...
                      X