... need guidance on wheel/tire combo for 1995 525i touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... need guidance on wheel/tire combo for 1995 525i touring

i presently have bmw style 48 wheels (from a 2003 540 m sport) on my touring ... 16 x 7 on all 4 corners, sporting perilli cinturato p7's >>> 225/55/16's ... the tire/wheel setup performs well for me

now, i have come across a lead for a new set of wheels ... my dream wheels ... totally refurbished ... & they are staggered ... fronts are 16 x 7.5 with offset of 13mm ... rears are 16 x 8.5 with offset of 25mm

after fruitless research, i gave tirerack a ring ... they told me that if i throw 225/50/16 tires on the front 7.5's ... & mount 245/45/16 tires on my rear 8.5's ... told me that this wheel/tire combo would definitely work on my touring with no issues whatsoever, like rubbing ... or any shimmy action ... i want to believe them ... i really do ... but i want to make sure before i go & buy the new wheels

i would really appreciate someone's take on this ... if you think the wheels will work for me, then i'm pulling the trigger ... & ... if you do think they'll work ... i would really appreciate your opinion on a possible better size tire for the new wheels ... other than what tirerack told me in a 60 second phone call

thank you for any help that anyone can throw my way ...​
    '92 alpinweiss 5spd cabrio w/mtech appearance package & factory hardtop
    '95 alpinweiss 528iT
    '88 dodge ram 50 sport cab

Put your current specs and the specs you want into https://willtheyfit.com/ and see what the difference is. E34s can fit a lot more wheel than that (I have 8.5" front 9.5" rear wheel widths), just glancing at your wheel specs I would expect it's fine without spacers.

IG @turbovarg
    '91 318is, M20 turbo
    [CoTM: 4-18]
    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
    - updated 3-17

Comment

Working...
    X