E34 Touring Salvage Value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E34 Touring Salvage Value?

Is this worth anything after the engine is gone?

Recently totalled, but with no radiator or engine damage. I was going to grab it for the 125K mile M50. I was wondering what it would be worth after I removed the power plant. I'd much rather sell the whole thing sans engine than part it out. Automatic with the giant sunroof.

Located in the DC/NoVA area.

1987 325e Commuter Project Blog

1967 1600 Project Blog: www.TX02.blogspot.com

You should always be able to get at least the scrap value of the metal.

Comment

I'm sure there are a few Touring guys that'll jump all over it for the Touring specific parts.

Comment

Why not fix it and flip it, then use the money to buy an S50? That damage is minimal. You could probably sell the car for $3-4000 once fixed.

Comment

How much for entire car w/out engine?
          1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Really need more information/pictures to give you a realistic idea of the value of that touring. If the price is right I might considering picking it up from you.

Comment

Damage looks minimal. Why waste a good touring for a run of the mill M50? They make fantastic daily drivers.
              91 318is M50 swapped
              05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Originally posted by IAm-Topik View Post
                Really need more information/pictures to give you a realistic idea of the value of that touring. If the price is right I might considering picking it up from you.

nice condition besides the hit. only grill/hood/bumper/ headlight and foglights affected. hit did not even get to the front fenders. still runs and drives. headliner is dropping in a spot or to, but supposedly no other issues.

price will be right. i just need the M50 engine. this chassis would be great for a fix up and S50 install...i just have too many other projects to deal with right now...

(yes, I am working with Clay on this)
                marshall
                75 M2
                87 325
                97 m3
                02 325it

Comment

many more pics of the car posted at
                  Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
                  marshall
                  75 M2
                  87 325
                  97 m3
                  02 325it

Comment

Save it! That's my touring's twin, except I lucked out finding black seats and door panels to do the swap. Those silver-grey seats are so hard to find.

Comment

Seriously, save that. It would be more work to pull the engine and find a 5-speed than it would be to fix this, sell it and buy an already pulled engine.

Comment

picked it up, pressure washed bottom, washed and waxed top. cleaned up pretty well! car came with extensive service records. PO was pretty good about fixing anything that didn't work right. I have not found anything on the car that doesn't work...that wasn't part of the accident...

the orient blue just does not "pop" in these daylight pics. it is a pretty cool color.

many new pics at the pbucket link i had posted. engine should be out and car available in about three weeks. will put up a for sale ad then. if anyone interested, let me know.
                        marshall
                        75 M2
                        87 325
                        97 m3
                        02 325it

Comment

Yup my touring's twin.. Wish you were closer for the engine. Mine has 336k.

Comment

Why did you wash and wax it just to part it out?

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
                              Why did you wash and wax it just to part it out?
                              Cleaner parts = more mulah if you ask me.
                              1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                              1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X