What DME should my '95 e34 530it have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What DME should my '95 e34 530it have?

I have a 0 216 200 404 in my '95 530i wagon. According to Turner Motorsports I should have a 484, and not a 404.
    Is this a DME some one has thrown into my car, or is it correct?
    One resin I am asking is because I got a Sssquid chip for my 530 and ones I installed it I had a check engine light and the transmission did weird stuff. It would not tell me what gear I was in, and I could not shift into sport mode or shift from A to M mode. Also the cruise control acted strangly with oddly sharp throttle input.
    sigpic
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
    I have a 0 216 200 404 in my '95 530i wagon. According to Turner Motorsports I should have a 484, and not a 404.
    Is this a DME some one has thrown into my car, or is it correct?
    One resin I am asking is because I got a Sssquid chip for my 530 and ones I installed it I had a check engine light and the transmission did weird stuff. It would not tell me what gear I was in, and I could not shift into sport mode or shift from A to M mode. Also the cruise control acted strangly with oddly sharp throttle input.
    Did you contact Jesse? My chip just did the same thing, minus the trans stuff since I'm manual.
    1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
    1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

I did yesterday via email, and today via PM here on R3V. No answer. He is usually very responsive. Maybe he's on vacation or something?
      Hopefully he gets back to me.
      I'm just wondering about the DME because Jesse doesn't mention anything about specific DMEs that the m60b30 works with, or if it works with both manual and auto cars.
      It's also weir that Turner Motorsports lists the 404 DME as an e31 8 series and the 484 as the 530i DME. Mine is a 404 and when I took it out some of the bending tabs had been broken off already. So I'm wondering if it's been messed with.
      I put the OEM chip back in and everything is back to normal.
      Last edited by deutschman; 08-12-2014, 06:13 PM.
      sigpic
      "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
        I did yesterday via email, and today via PM here on R3V. No answer. He is usually very responsive. Maybe he's on vacation or something?
        Hopefully he gets back to me.
        I'm just wondering about the DME because Jesse doesn't mention anything about specific DMEs that the m60b30 works with, or if it works with both manual and auto cars.
        It's also weir that Turner Motorsports lists the 404 DME as an e31 8 series and the 484 as the 530i DME. Mine is a 404 and when I took it out some of the bedding tabs had been broken off already. Some I'm wondering if it's been messed with.
        I put the OEM chip back in and everything is back to normal.
        I did the same. Haven't had a chance to install the new chip he sent me yet.
        1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
        1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

404 is non-EWS. 484 is the EWS ECU.

Is your production date 1994? If so you should have the 404. The 404 is the SAME ECU as used for M60B40s, only the chip is different B40 vs B30. You can swap the chip between B30 and B40 ECUs, but you would need to use it on the engine the chip is for. Running a B30 chip in a B40 engine won't work, and vise-versa.

That's why they list the 404 as fitting an e31 (840).

However....I just checked via VIN (from the 530 and 740 ECUs I have), and the part #s for B40 and B30 ECUs are the same....even super cessions.
          Last edited by slammin.e28; 08-13-2014, 08:03 AM.
          1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Oh great to know! Thanks for that. Ill check the exact production date today.

Cheers man
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X