Love the simple fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the simple fixes

My passenger power mirror has been inop since I got the car. Finally decided to pull the tweeter and discoveredd it was simply unplugged.

likewise, by glove box light simply needed the bulb set back in the holder.

gotta love the free fixes. Frees up more funds for my 712 rack swap down the line!

Whats a free/easy fix or previous owner surprise you found on your car?

When I got my car, the PO told me it had a super annoying PS leak that dripped constantly. He said he'd replaced the hoses with BMW hoses, and gave me an extra pump and seal kit to fix "the only thing it could really be at this point".
    Hoping I wouldn't have to rebuild a pump and cover my entire garage in ATF, I pulled the undertray off and noticed that the feed line from the reservoir to the pump, while in fact a BMW hose, was loosely clamped with a zip tie on both ends, and covered in fluid.
    One $12 crimped hose and 10 mins later and it's good to go.
    1988 Atlantisblau Euro/Japanese 325i Cabriolet
    1989 Schwartz 325i - now M50 powered! - now very dead
    1998 Toyota 4Runner Limited
    My 17,000km Big NA National Parks trip!

Comment

Originally posted by Kasey009
      I know I'm not adding shims, i'm replacing them, I read somewhere that you can use Volvo vidmate shims for about 1/4 of the price, but want to make sure I get the correct size.
      I'm going to take a stab at what he is talking about: Yes, you can use Volvo shims for your 308 Ferrari valve adjustment. But, you'd get a better response if you post this in the correct forum.

Comment

Another goofy spambot..

Easy fixes? I recently went through all of my window switches in my E30 (which being a 4-door, has a lot of them!). Basically took them apart, cleaned them up, repaired as needed. I had a bunch of old switches laying around too, so I used parts from the best ones I had to make 7 good ones. I get to the last switch and realized it was *brand new*. I have no idea where I got it, but that one went into the driver's window position, lol.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Yep, I love the simple fixes.
          Accelerator pedal bushing, replacing burnt-out bulbs in the dash, fog light switch overhaul...
          E30 320i vert
          But daily drive is Volvo V60 Polestar

Comment

Working...
          X