• Time
  • Show
Clear All

M20 3.0 stroker questions

I plan to build a 3l stroker:

M54b30 crank 135mm h beam rods
    Custom pistons (85mm)
    Oversize +1mm valves, schrick valve springs, Hd rockers

What compression pistons should i choose? (We have 98 octane fuel here in finland)

What cam to match the compression ratio and i would like the peek power to be around 6500-7000rpm.
    Will a catcams 299 or 302 be too much for 10.5comp?

Will the m54 crank fit straight in or is some kind of adapter needed?

You should look for digger's 3.0 stroker thread. it probably answers all of those questions and more. it's long but probably worth it if you're building an M20 in 2021.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

11:1 CR OE dish dome
      ENEM Z54 cam (296 degree 106 LSA ) ,
      RHD ITB
      standalone ECU
      nice header and exhaust

will be a good combo on 98 RON to peak at 7000rpm. probably not the best for a daily driver more of weekend car that occasionally driven to shops

not sure the schrick springs will be up to the job, a 288 duration is probably the biggest they will accommodate

like all M5x or S5x (US) from e36/e46 they need an oil sleeve, longer crank bolt and modified washer for the crank bolt (all simple mods you can buy)

Molnar H beam rods are your best bet for aftermarket (S5x rods etc are ok to) as they are pretty compact and wont need to hack the inside of block to fit it in like some other beefy H-beams that are completely unnecessary for a NA m20
      Last edited by digger; 05-16-2021, 11:19 PM.
      89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Working...
      X