Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M20b25 build with 2.7 block ???&@

I just want get honest opinion from you guys
    I decided to put bigger cam 274 with heavy duty springs that I purchased from bummerheads
    when I take head out and take to mashin shop I discover my crank is wore out
    now I can order new crank with new bearings but my friend have m20 from E car and suggested go used block from 2.7 and put my head off I car
    i really want keep stuck much is I can but I don’t have no idea is this good move but I am already there
    I am pretty sure someone did this
    any suggestions is going be appreciate

Go read in the m20 section.

In short, putting an 885 head on a stock 2.7 bottom end is not a good idea. You may get a little more torque in some area, but it's a horrible combination of parts. Either have the crank ground and use the next oversize bearings, or look into building a 2.7i engine. Or call Bimmerheads and ask them for a suggestion.
    sigpic
    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
    1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Block dimensions are the same but the rotating assembly is different on the m20b25 vs m20b27.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Get the 2.7L 81 mm crank and 130 mm rods and combined with your m20b25 pistons. shove this into your m20b25 block but deck the block around ~2 mm so the piston doesn't sit so far down the bore when at TDC. Add an adjustable cam get and you have a decent CR 2.7L with mild cam and it would be a nice combo

simply putting your cammed 885 onto an eta will lead to less improvement than people think

otherwise just find a good m20b25 crank and reassemble your block or a good used short block
        89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Thank you everyone for replying !!!!!
          evidenly my body just want sell me his block telling me story’s but list is low miles engine and $300(((
          I really don’t try to get any more power or going race /drift or any......
          my goal is just get few extra power mainly some rumble longer don’t go any slower
          but I got some thinking to do

Comment

Update
            I completed this built and so far I am pleased with
            maybe this is cheap way to build but after I install bigger injectors and did chip from ssdquid it just did fine
            budget built but is good …. Lol

Comment

Congrats on getting it built!

You should start a thread in the "members rides" section with pics of the engine build and the car itself.
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	C767C72D-13E7-4654-9A2F-6ED8975996EA.png
Views:	142
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	10021464

Comment

Can’t upload any pictures it is always something to big or …,