MTech body kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MTech body kit

Took an Mtech 1 fiberglass body kit in a trade for some wheels the other day & couldn’t take the e30 because it doesn’t run currently.

Didn’t realize the kit was only for euro bumpers. Not sure where the kit is from but it’s fairly nice but isn’t going to just mount up correctly to my early model.

Would I be able to take it to a body shop (I don’t trust myself to do it) & they could make it fit? It looks like it just need the top bumper portion cut. Don’t really want to spend the money on euro conversion so if you guys don’t think it’s a good idea I’ll just pass the kit along if I can

Well we put a man on the moon, so im sure someone can modify it to suit. But it might cost you as much as just buying some euro bars. And if you do modify it, you cant sell it as an Mtech kit anymore. It's now a hacked up mtech 1 kit.

Comment

Hey if that kit is for a convertible and you decide to part ways with it, please email me back I have been looing for a fiberglass set for for euro bumpers. Thanks, Geoff.

Comment

Get euro bumpers and put the kit on, otherwise sell it. It's specifically designed for euro bumpers, mounts over the top of them and secured under the trim. There's no way you can do that with US diving board bumpers. Completely different.
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

If you're worried about buying euro bumpers you'll be even more concerned about the cost to make a fiberglass Mtech fit the car properly with the right bumpers let alone the wrong ones.

Comment

You'd also need a euro front valance to make it look correct, or you'd end up with visible holes in the valance which the US bumpers cover but the Euro ones do not.
            sigpic
            84 323i

Comment

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
              Well we put a man on the moon, so im sure someone can modify it to suit. But it might cost you as much as just buying some euro bars. And if you do modify it, you cant sell it as an Mtech kit anymore. It's now a hacked up mtech 1 kit.
              or maybe we never made it to the moon or just made it appear like we did? Cold war ended shortly thereafter. Just saying....

Comment

What - 22 years later? I'd hardly say the end of the Cold War was 'shortly' after the moon landing.

Moon landing: 1969
                End of Cold War: 1991
                My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Working...
                X