Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTF happened to early model window motors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF happened to early model window motors?

While hunting down some parts for the 327is I hit a wall in finding a replacement for my passenger (coupe) window motor. Its like they just don't exist. Anyone else kind of thrown off by this?
    Swanny!
    SUCKERS.

Originally posted by Swanny View Post
    While hunting down some parts for the 327is I hit a wall in finding a replacement for my passenger (coupe) window motor. Its like they just don't exist. Anyone else kind of thrown off by this?
    it might be temporary. i have a late model but have run in to a few things here and there that were unavailable new for a time.

Comment

Yup, as 82 says, things come, things go... the most frustrating is not knowing when (or if) something's going to pop back into the catalogs at some point.

I've learned to keep stocks of consumables, because you never know when something 'simple' will just not be available when you need one.

t
      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Some parts are not available new anymore or cost astronomic prices.

You should always check E30 partouts.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincenze View Post
          Some parts are not available new anymore or cost astronomic prices.

You should always check E30 partouts.
          You mean we can't all buy new E30 body shells anymore??? BMWs are dead to me.

Comment

Just buy another E30 to use as your part store.

Comment

Its possibly the first time that I've seen what I would call a "common" part fully discontinued, even through RealOEM. Bizarre to have the drivers side readily available and the passengers non existent. Thankfully there's rebuild services out there, just a pain in the ass to send out and wait.
              Swanny!
              SUCKERS.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

There are some if you look better.

This one cost $30,000 in 2019.

Click image for larger version  Name:	bmw-e30-m3-shell-side.jpg Views:	0 Size:	90.6 KB ID:	10039173

Comment

There are some if you look better.

This one cost $30,000 in 2019.
                  I don't know, it didn't come directly from the dealer, it might be a cheap knockoff. Also, where's the BMW bag and sticker. Suspicious.

Comment

lol

Comment

Originally posted by dnguyen1963 View Post
                      Just buy another E30 to use as your part store.

i'd do it if i could find one. that ship sailed here about a decade ago. i keep on every resource though. there are a couple out there still. no parts cars though.

Comment

I don't know, it didn't come directly from the dealer, it might be a cheap knockoff. Also, where's the BMW bag and sticker. Suspicious.
                        The tag is there right in the middle.

He said the original plastic bag and wooden dolly had been discarded due to the endangered wood species importation laws.

Last edited by Vincenze; 12-09-2021, 12:44 PM.

Comment

isn't the trunk trunk deck nla ? 19k and then the rest of the body panels are a pain to source and expensive. and it'll never numbers match.

edit : plus no registerable vin attached to the chassis. making it a track car in most of the modern world. or at least a nightmare navigating the dmv.

Comment

It was sold in no time and went to the UK.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/e30o...94863140527989

Somebody posted this picture.

Last edited by Vincenze; 12-10-2021, 01:13 PM.

Comment

It was sold in no time and went to the UK.
                              odd as that chassis is set up for lhd

Comment

Working...
                              X