What Makes Your E30 Unique?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enhance.

Is yours also a slicktop? Regardless, it's pretty. That is the deeper green than laguna right?

Needs a thread.
    Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

The 1JZ may not be unique, but the trans is pretty rare in an e30

Nissan 350Z CD009 with shifter relocated to the service hatch

Launch & Traction Control off a momentary switch on the gear knob

Wilwood Clutch Master Cylinder within the stock pedal box - I think that's a first/unique feature

e36 diff cover, similar to an earlier post

Comment

I'm impressed and that's very unique.
        Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
          Enhance.

Is yours also a slicktop? Regardless, it's pretty. That is the deeper green than laguna right?

Needs a thread.
          Yep, slicktop, and it's malachite, and yes, it's hot in summer with no AC.

Just waiting on the CatOTM thread...

Comment

Originally posted by e30mclow View Post
            The 1JZ may not be unique, but the trans is pretty rare in an e30
            Nissan 350Z CD009 with shifter relocated to the service hatch
            Definitely some unique bits there! How did you relocate the shifter to the service hatch?
            Usually it hangs out behind the output flange on the CD009 afaik.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	279459866_10228392584183911_731372876687740677_n.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	10059196 Click image for larger version

Name:	278181919_10228289091516659_5834508441046098247_n.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	10059195
              Stuff.
              1988SuperETA|Full I component swap|19lb injectors|Schrick 272|MSIIExtraBeta20071020|GM DIS Wasted Spark|LC-1

Comment

My Covid project was polishing the intake manifold. It required about a hundred sanding rolls.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Panici View Post
                  Definitely some unique bits there! How did you relocate the shifter to the service hatch?
                  Usually it hangs out behind the output flange on the CD009 afaik.
                  You need to split the trans case:

Remove the shift guide and cut the main selector rod:

Use the Autosport Engineering relocation kit:

Then you need to modify it numerous times to get it to work, but it eventually does:

Comment

After the first few posts I thought that nothing I had was particularly unique, but I guess there are a few things:

Quick release hood latch - Basically drill out the roll pins in the stock hinge and replace with pins+R clips, or just an M10(?) Bolt/nut.
                    Completely unnoticeable, works great, fixes a stiff hinge that doesn't let the hood "pop" right.

Steering knuckle - Instead of removing the collapsing mechanism and adding spacers to shorten the assembly, I removed the guibo in favor of a 1/8" steel version.
                    It adds NVH sure, but it's less sketchy than the usual method and the steering feel is great.

AFR in cluster - I tried doing this a better way, but ended up just relocating the LC-1's 7-segment display inside the check light cavity in the cluster:

Oil return to block:

Underside of bumper cut out for FMIC flow. I mean it's theoretically a high pressure zone, right? haha

Arc Asylum rear sump pan/subframe/pickup.

Other than that it's all probably MS41 stuff:
                    Running a PMAS HPX Blow-thru MAF
                    MS41.3 custom beta code for bigger fuel/timing maps and some extra functions, AFR and MAP sensors tied in for datalogging.

4dr car will have some other stuff. VAG oil pump chain tensioner:

1-piece M54 damper:

Originally posted by priapism
                    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                    Originally posted by shameson
                    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                      After the first few posts I thought that nothing I had was particularly unique, but I guess there are a few things:

Quick release hood latch - Basically drill out the roll pins in the stock hinge and replace with pins+R clips, or just an M10(?) Bolt/nut.
                      Completely unnoticeable, works great, fixes a stiff hinge that doesn't let the hood "pop" right.

Steering knuckle - Instead of removing the collapsing mechanism and adding spacers to shorten the assembly, I removed the guibo in favor of a 1/8" steel version.
                      It adds NVH sure, but it's less sketchy than the usual method and the steering feel is great.

AFR in cluster - I tried doing this a better way, but ended up just relocating the LC-1's 7-segment display inside the check light cavity in the cluster:

Oil return to block:

Underside of bumper cut out for FMIC flow. I mean it's theoretically a high pressure zone, right? haha

Arc Asylum rear sump pan/subframe/pickup.

Other than that it's all probably MS41 stuff:
                      Running a PMAS HPX Blow-thru MAF
                      MS41.3 custom beta code for bigger fuel/timing maps and some extra functions, AFR and MAP sensors tied in for datalogging.

4dr car will have some other stuff. VAG oil pump chain tensioner:

1-piece M54 damper:
                      Any pics of your hood release?
                      sigpic84 325e

Comment

I snipped this from a larger picture, but this is all that I have on hand.

The roll pin + bushing that's there is supposed to let the center bar pivot when the hood pops.
                        Mine always stuck so you'd have to pull the front of the hood up.
                        I saw someone else here or facebook r3v do this and decided to do it as well.

It works really well to remove the hood. Otherwise removing the 6 bolts off the hood means they need to be realigned when the hood goes back on, and removing the 4 lower bolts means you're fighting the torsion springs to line it back up and I always ended up scratching the rad support/brackets/etc.

Comment

Nevermind, here's one with the hood removed from early 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                            The roll pin + bushing that's there is supposed to let the center bar pivot when the hood pops.
                            Mine always stuck so you'd have to pull the front of the hood up.
                            I saw someone else here or facebook r3v do this and decided to do it as well.

i'll have to try that. i have the hinges outlined in sharpie to help line the hood up when removed.

Comment

Working...
                            X