Gap between grills and bonnet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gap between grills and bonnet

The front end of my E30 has always looked slightly twisted and out of shape, it turned out the front fascia behind the bumper bar was pressed in/down and bogged from a previous crash repair.
    So I got new fascia panels (pre facelift is a 2 piece), and also painted/reshaped the lower lip spoiler which was banged up a bit.

Now the front end looks very straight, the best its ever been.

But.... there is still a large gap between the grills and bonnet. Its smaller than before but still not good enough.
    Any suggestions of what to do here? Is it the bonnet itself can be lowered? The headlamps? Put some rubber under the grills to raise them?

That looks pretty normal to me. Do you have all the clip that hold it in place? You may be able to put some foam under the top mounting point of the grill to raise it, but I think it looks good now.
    sigpic
    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
    1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Looks fine to me. If you lower the bonnet any more then the corners won't line up with the wings. You can maybe adjust the center grill to sit higher by making sure the bottom trim isn't bent down and the grill has it's locating peg and clips intact.
      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Also looks normal, remember it's a 30+ year old mass produced entry level car.

Comment

Yeah I would get some new rubber/foam to fill the gap. Looks normal and good

88' Seta 2.7i Zinno

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...430-my-88-seta

Comment

Also, clean car OP, looks great!
            sigpic
            1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
            1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
            1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Working...
            X