Sound deadening options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound deadening options?

I’m currently ̶s̶p̶e̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶o̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶m̶o̶n̶e̶y̶. I’m currently restoring my E30 I got a few years ago and want to make the interior sound more pleasant while driving and give my future new sound system a better environment to play music.

I’ve looked at second skin, dynamat and kilmat as options with the first two coming in around $800 to do the entire car vs Kilmat for probably a 1/3 of the price.

Those of you who have done this;

How much did it improve? Were the luxury options worth it?

Thank you!

I used Hushmat in my car for both sound deadening and heat blocking.
    Quite pleased with the results, there is a noticeable difference to noise and temperature.

Although I only get to enjoy the noise improvements in the spring and fall. Summer has the windows fully open (no A/C)!

If you'd like some pictures, I started with a selective application in Post 320 of my build thread (link in sig).
    Post 376 is where I applied the material more liberally.

I still haven't gone for full coverage, the rear floorpans and under the rear seat have lots of room for improvement.
    The entire trunk & doors have also not been touched.

When I have the car apart again and some money burning a hole in my pocket I'll buy some more hushmat.

Comment

It seems like 90% of my noise comes from the back (I have absolutely nothing in my trunk anymore...) I'm applying some Noico 80mil

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	184.8 KB
ID:	10091569

Comment

Working...
      X