Terrible pictures I know. The car is 2,500 miles away from where I am currently (any contacts or tips for car transportation would be appreciated!)
My wife found it on Craigslist and wanted it. I'll know more in a few weeks.
Edit: damn, this pics are really bad. They were sent in a text and I cropped them down a bit. I'll get some fresh pics when I have a chance to check it out in person.
I believe the wheels are MIM 1900s which is fun.
Come back to R3V:)
Collapse
X
-
-
Nice! Any pics of the '89 you're thinking about?Leave a comment:
-
I don't think I've been on here for 15 years. Looking at potentially picking up an '89 I will need help from the forums to get back into these beautiful machines though. Time to pass the passion along to the next generation for some of us old heads.👍 3Leave a comment:
-
Hell yeah, we can rebuild this!! Had to blow the dust off my account also!👍 2Leave a comment:
-
I just logged in here for the first time in ages. I stopped using SM years ago, I deleted my IG and Twitter accounts and have not logged into FB in 10+ years. I recently signed back up on X/Twitter mostly for news.
I am going to try to p in here more often I actually have some projects I need to do on my E30. and I added a monster of a BMW to my garage. I am so busy with my business, it is hard to make time to goof off online anymore.
Good to see other people think the same as me FB ruined car forums.👍 1Leave a comment:
-
Facebook sucks. Luckily with it and IG getting suckier and suckier, proliferation of generative AI everywhere etc...hopefully there's a resurgence to using the forums. I'll take it!
👍 4Leave a comment:
-
I've never done social media but my girlfriend is kind enough to list things for me here and there. I cannot express how much of a steaming cesspool of buyers and sellers facebook marketplace is. To think I would occasionally rag on people that posted on craigslist is almost laughable now. I don't know anywhere else to list and sell items, there isn't any traffic here but I will anyways. I just don't get what using classifieds has turned in to, from people not willing to just give me their phone number to asking 50 questions or setting up a clear time and place to meet then not even having the decency to let me know they're running and hour and a half behind. Ridiculous. Rant is over.👍 2Leave a comment:
-
I donāt think Iām an āOGā but Iāve had my car for 18 years now. Going on 10 years with the S52 swap and it runs and drives brilliantly. Iāll be 45 in a few monthsā¦.. ālifeā has definitely happened over the past few yearsā¦. family health crap, house repair crap, job change crapā¦. But the e30 keeps truckin on. Really wanna do a 6 speed swap on it now.
Still kickin... 220,000 miles as of the trip to Watkins Glen for the Grand Prix Festival last week.
Last edited by BlackSpeed66; 09-21-2026, 01:53 PM.👍 3Leave a comment:
-
Yes - parts have got much more expensive than back in the day (although I cashed in with the large parts hoard I had lurking in my shed over the last couple of years - didn't chase crazy prices, just a fair price in the current market to help out some other enthusiasts). Most of the young guys buying parts 'couldn't believe my prices', but if they knew what I'd paid for those parts in the early 2000s they'd cry. One person asked what my M30 swap cost me, and when I said less than $2k including a manual conversion and swapping to a LSD, they nearly fell over.👍 2Leave a comment:
-
I've been back more frequently since picking up a vert project only to find the classifieds here have pretty much dried up and everything on ebay is like 25x the cost I used to pay lol
It doesn't help I used to manage a BMW parts department and remember when I could open ETK and order literally anything I needed next day, any euro part... anything.
Anyways, I'm back semi permanently now. Anyone got a brake reservoir for an 87 and an early style front lip? I smushed mine on my car trailer, long story.Leave a comment:
-
I miss Archies, its been a while since I have driven my M3 to LA. This is at Dave's Drip in Santa Barbara / Goleta.🥰 1Leave a comment:
-
Where was this at? It reminds me of the old Archies Ice Cream nights hahaLeave a comment:
-
👍 3Leave a comment:


Leave a comment: