Come back to R3V:)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mavrikno13764
    replied
    Cant believe this was 5 Years ago!
    But other than removing the stickers, the car hasn't changed much:
    20210328_0928 - Streets Of Willow - 5235-Edit_100 by Brian Villanueva, on Flickr
    20210328_0928 - Streets Of Willow - 5233-Edit-2_100 by Brian Villanueva, on Flickr
    20210328_0928 - Streets Of Willow - 5237-Edit_100 by Brian Villanueva, on Flickr

    Leave a comment:


  • varg
    replied
    Film is definitely better than early digital. Especially if you kept the negatives.

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by mavrikno13764
    Lol Film Photos? I guess 2mp sony cybershots arent any better than film cameras!

    All my post and pictures got ruined by Photobucket trying to monetize itself.
    Since then, I have given up on posting pics.
    I moved everything I could salvage over to Flickr, but you can upload here and while a lot of things aren’t functioning great anymore that is something that does! … 5 pic limit per post but whatever… LETS SEE THE M3!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Panici
    replied
    Originally posted by mavrikno13764
    Lol Film Photos? I guess 2mp sony cybershots arent any better than film cameras!

    All my post and pictures got ruined by Photobucket trying to monetize itself.
    Since then, I have given up on posting pics.
    Ah I had one of those early digital cameras as well. HP with 8mb compactflash.
    Regular film in an SLR looked better though.

    I managed to keep my early digital photos through a series of backups. Did any of yours survive?

    Leave a comment:


  • mavrikno13764
    replied
    Lol Film Photos? I guess 2mp sony cybershots arent any better than film cameras!

    All my post and pictures got ruined by Photobucket trying to monetize itself.
    Since then, I have given up on posting pics.

    Leave a comment:


  • Panici
    replied
    Originally posted by mavrikno13764
    Never left either, but Ive been a lurker my whole internet life! lol
    Also, my build is not worth posting. Its been 19 years with the M3, and I am still not done.
    I'd like to see it. Especially if you have film photos from 19 years ago!

    Leave a comment:


  • mavrikno13764
    replied
    Never left either, but Ive been a lurker my whole internet life! lol
    Also, my build is not worth posting. Its been 19 years with the M3, and I am still not done.

    Leave a comment:


  • punnzzells
    replied
    Never left.... never had FB.. CIA tool..... welcome back peeps!

    Leave a comment:


  • TobyB
    replied
    Originally posted by patrick88m3

    Facebook search in groups is completely broken for me now. I'll only get shown something like 5 posts and 3 of them having nothing to do with the search. Forums are literally the only way to search for info.
    I think that most search engines have been infected with AI- and it don't work fo' sheet.
    Even Ogoole, for quite a while the best of them out there, now hallucinates that
    I might want donuts or inner tubes if I do a search for wheels...

    t
    Criv's on vaycay, I think.

    Leave a comment:


  • rjmcdermott81
    replied
    I’m back! Rather I’m in for being back!

    Leave a comment:


  • varg
    replied
    Originally posted by patrick88m3
    Facebook search in groups is completely broken for me now. I'll only get shown something like 5 posts and 3 of them having nothing to do with the search. Forums are literally the only way to search for info.
    Broken search or not, every facebook group already seemed to be filled with people asking the same questions that have been answered before, repeatedly, and most of the questions would be trivial to find the answer to with a google search. The classic grumpy forum poster "SEARCH NOOB" was right all along. Regrettably I have spent a little bit of time looking through the E34 and RX7 groups while looking for parts. Because craigslist seems to be totally dead I've had to use marketplace to find and sell a few things, marketplace search is even worse. I look for something, select local, and get maybe a couple of relevant results, then every single listing on the entirety of marketplace that might be tangentially related to what I'm searching for, and a bunch of it is far away or shipped.

    Leave a comment:


  • LateFan
    replied
    I'm here. This place is a treasure trove of technical information.
    Never been on FB. Looked for regional interesting cars on Marketplace once and they were mostly trash. I thought people abandoned Craigslist for FB MP but I didn't see anything special.

    Leave a comment:


  • patrick88m3
    replied
    Originally posted by Edrift
    I get it.

    FB is quick, but forums like R3V actually keep useful info around and don’t bury everything in a day.

    Would be great to see more people posting builds and events here. This is the best place for proper E30 knowledge
    Facebook search in groups is completely broken for me now. I'll only get shown something like 5 posts and 3 of them having nothing to do with the search. Forums are literally the only way to search for info.

    Leave a comment:


  • Digitalwave
    replied
    He doesn't need to sell it, just allow some of us to share the work load with him. It would not take much to revitalize the site's design, layout, and categorization which should help stoke the the flames around here.

    Leave a comment:


  • TXM20
    replied
    I wonder if the "Head Janitor" would be opened to selling an equity stake in the forum. This site has a wealth of information many of us find beneficial and the community is second to none. The goal would be to continue to maintained the site, make any necessary upgrades, and ensure decades of E30 data do not vanish.

    Leave a comment:

Working...