Hey guys, I apologize if this is not the place to post this but it's been a minute. I have a line on a Wiesmann removable hardtop for my 91 e30 vert, but ai is telling me: "Instead of using internal vertical pins like the OEM top, the Wiesmann unit uses custom-engineered metal mounting plates or "hooks" that secure down to the rear side deck lid area. It utilizes heavy-duty tension latches or bolts to pull the fiberglass shell tightly down against the car's body lines, compressing the bottom perimeter gasket to seal out water." The thing is, this seller's top seems to have pins that look similar to the OEM pins. And another pic shows two pins which I'm not sure about are they front mounting latches, I don't know, and I am buying from a different city (see pics). Can anyone tell me what gives here? tia...
Wiesmann removable hardtop questions
Collapse
X
-

Never owned a Vert so I'm only able to provide you with my nonsense... I will just say that if you see OEM style PINs I would assume it mounts like the OEM top.
Good luck!Simon
Current Cars:
-1966 Blue Boat
-1969 Red VW
-1986 White BMW
-2006 Green Thing

Make R3V Great Again -2020Comment
-
I mean, if the seller says it fits an E30, you just have to take their word for it. Go inspect it, and fit it to your car to confirm before buying.
Don't overthink it, man.
R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
└┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)
..24Comment

Comment