Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new Euro-Ellip Quad HID setup ~

Ordered Euro-ellips today.

I have an extra set of Oem lexus Ls430 HID's and I ordered quick slim kit for the (5000k 55w) lows. The Lexus are going to be unfocused/non projected in the highs and the lows are 5000k slim kit. I might have to figure out something for the grommits for the highs because I don't think the lexus will just pop in. I will post pix when they are done an in. The ellips aren't going to be here for a bit, Coming from europe.
    R

super duper.
    http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Originally posted by The Driver View Post
      Ordered Euro-ellips today.

I have an extra set of Oem lexus Ls430 HID's and I ordered quick slim kit for the (5000k 55w) lows. The Lexus are going to be unfocused/non projected in the highs and the lows are 5000k slim kit. I might have to figure out something for the grommits for the highs because I don't think the lexus will just pop in. I will post pix when they are done an in. The ellips aren't going to be here for a bit, Coming from europe.
      I've got plans for my smileys and a set of LS430s, but they will come later.

I wouldn't put HIDs in stock ellipsoids, why not put the projectors into the lows and get a kit for the highs?

Comment

im gunna work on a set of tl projectors ;) ballin.!

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
        @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
          I had a set in my old car (still have the lights, trying to get rid of em), TLs are tits. The highbeam is ridiculous, I had a friend pull over when he was in front of me because I flicked him with high beams and he literally couldn't see.

Comment

wheres the pix?

join the E30 Cabrio owners gruppe
            click here for details

Comment

how dare you come unprepared without pictures?!

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                I've got plans for my smileys and a set of LS430s, but they will come later.

I wouldn't put HIDs in stock ellipsoids, why not put the projectors into the lows and get a kit for the highs?
                The ellips are projectors... The projector is housing/lense that focuses the beam. All I'm doing is supplying the HID to the already projected housing.

The reason why is because they don't fit into the lows, they don't fit into the highs either but I'd rather have my lows nice, tight an secure from rain god forbid.
                R

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
                  If that was a serious comment and not being sarcastic. Good luck they look awesome but they are pretty big an there will be cutting involved. It's better to use a (9006) XXXX HID plug an play kit. Save yourself the hassel... Leaks suck.

If you were being sarcastic, I'd recommend really looking into lighting. I'm a very performance oriented about my cars and I don't like flashy crap. I love to drive (Hence the name), fast and unbothered, thus the only time is late night. If I were you I'd look into a nice HID kit for the car. I installed HID's into my Rx7 and it makes driving at night 1000x better and it makes the drive way more enjoyable. It also adds a nice clean cut look. I'm not trying to guade out the E30's appearance, I'm merely enhancing an sharpening it.
                  Last edited by The Driver; 05-02-2009, 06:24 PM.
                  R

Comment

Originally posted by The Driver View Post
                    The ellips are projectors...
                    They are halogen projectors. Something designed to work with 1000 lumens, not 3200.

The projector is housing/lense that focuses the beam. All I'm doing is supplying the HID to the already projected housing.
                    Simply that they are projectors does not mean that they are perfectly suitable for HID. Yes they have a pretty good beam pattern but still very short of what an HID projector would output. E30 ellipsoids have a decent beam pattern for halogen light but are pretty narrow. LS430 projectors have an incredible width to them that can only be expressed with a picture:

My TLs could light up an 8 lane highway:

You will not get that with E30 projectors. You will get a really bright spot right in front of the car. With high beams the hot spots are ok since they are for illuminating way in front of you; if you insist on HID high beams I would either go with bixenon projectors or put an HID kit in the ellipsoid high beams.

The reason why is because they don't fit into the lows, they don't fit into the highs either but I'd rather have my lows nice, tight an secure from rain god forbid.
                    TL projectors didn't fit into my old housings either.

Never stopped me.

Comment

My Beam pattern is pretty damn wide and it goes far!

But I have Euro Hella Smileys.. Maybe thats why??

Comment

Originally posted by e30drop View Post
                        My Beam pattern is pretty damn wide and it goes far!

But I have Euro Hella Smileys.. Maybe thats why??
                        I'm sure it's an improvement over stock, but relative to this:

I guarantee it's rubbish. ;)

Comment

yeah, ive seen that some lights just suck dick, if you put HID's in, and your lighting is weaker than a regular sealed beam, its because your lights are shitted and old inside.

been in and seen three e30's where the owner actually spent money to get a nice set of lights and it looks tits, my lights where like 120 shipped form a member here and they suck dick, But I guess thats what I paid for.

bottom line 5k is the highest you want to go... after that is just shit I think.

Comment

Wait, I've got a question... if your fun car is a 400hp FD, why are you trying to upgrade the lighting on your automatic eta?

Comment

They are halogen projectors. Something designed to work with 1000 lumens, not 3200.
                              All lenses for projectors are elliptical shape... The radius might not be as wide due to how small the projector is but it still works right?

Simply that they are projectors does not mean that they are perfectly suitable for HID.
                              But they are suitable, Bottom line... Are they a significant improvement over stock? YES

Yes they have a pretty good beam pattern but still very short of what an HID projector would output. E30 ellipsoids have a decent beam pattern for halogen light but are pretty narrow. LS430 projectors have an incredible width to them that can only be expressed with a picture:
                              I think your missing the point, I have no intention of putting HUGE and Costly LS430 projectors in my E30 nor name it jigsaw. I'm trying to make a nice easy plug an play with a little extra power for the highs.

My TLs could light up an 8 lane highway ~ TL's aren't plug an play

You will not get that with E30 projectors. You will get a really bright spot right in front of the car. With high beams the hot spots are ok since they are for illuminating way in front of you; if you insist on HID high beams I would either go with bixenon projectors or put an HID kit in the ellipsoid high beams.
                              Bixenon? Lmao. First off they cost about half or maybe what I paid for the car. I haven't even done Bixenons in the FD an there 1100 for that. My guess would be atleast 700+ for the E30. Also why would you put Bixenons in a car that has separate highs? (It makes no sense, cost an purpose wise)

If you read, I'm putting the LS430 HID's in the highs.

Never stopped me.
                              Yep, But not worth it to me, the work, time and money. Let's not forget about the ever so awesome moisture leaks too...
                              R

Comment

Working...
                              X