No announcement yet.

$250,000.00 e24?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy mother of christ. did he really call the s38 bmw's most reliable motor? Where the hell can i get what he's smoking?

Edit: Nevermind, i was beaten to both of these statements.

86 Zinno es
    M50 inside

Comment

I'd be willing to bet that you could build that exact car, using all new parts from BMW Mobile Tradition,full retail, for less money.

Comment

That interior color looks like crap.

250k?

More like 25k
        sigpic
        1988 5 spd.Cabrio/Lachs Silber/Black Leather/123k/Dealer Serviced & Maintained by both PO's
        Clarion DXZ785USB HU, BBS Wheels, Leather e-brake handle & e-brake boot, Mtech 1 Wheel, Maplight Mirror, Performance chip, Rear Headrests.
        Previous E30: 1986 5 spd. 325es/Delphin Gray/Black Leather/191k

Comment

lol
          -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

I think I will take this one for 15k.....
            Learn more about BaT Exclusive: Clean 1988 BMW M6 on Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online.

250k wow some people

2.7L M20 11:1 COMP 195 whp Dyno Dynamics 2380lbs

Comment

"There was a lots of homework involved and $6000 just in suspension modifications to make it right: The rear struts are out of the E32 chasis 735i, the front struts are from E34 M5. Then after purchasing them new and spending $6k, I sent them out to "Ground Control" and had them build me a specific hight and stiffness with special spring rates and shocks to accomodate perfect balance and achieve the right hight which cost me $1840 for modufication and then $1200 to install them. Then the rear rims are 9.5" while the fronts are 8.5" offset otherwise with regular tires and struts with this set up on a regular E24 6-series it would not work or fit. Just the total to do this right was $9,040 and then the tire and rims were $2,200. You can do anything but to do it right it took me 8 months of homework and $11,240 just to get it right. Regards, Koorosh"

His answer to one of the questions.... lol, 6k on the strut assemblies.... uh. ok.

E30 325is "Starting from Scratch" build thread

Comment

its worth 10k max

Comment

ROFL " I chose the most reliable BMW motor ever built, the S38B36 motor out of a 1993 BMW M5 (E34) and with some modifications including larger camshafts to achieve higher compression, thicker head gasket, resurfaced head and new head bolts. I have been able to achieve outstanding performance matching its reliability."
                  Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

I couldn't help asking a question about the item, hopefully he won't pick up on my scathing sarcasm and answer seriously...
                    '89 325is S50 Track Montser
                    '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

http://www.avarestoration.com

http://www.myspace.com/brendanfiddle

Click here if you want to be my zombie slave...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidhle007

Comment

Comedy gold!

"I took it back to Samir at S.A. Automotive and asked him to put the S38B36 M5 motor in the reliable E24, He shook his head and told me Go F--- Yourself !!!! You are crazy. It took me a month to convince him to do it for $3,500 in labor. He started the project in August 28th of 2004 and it him a year and 2 months to Micky Mouse a wiring to get the engine started. In the mean while I had moved to Los Angeles to follow my passion with The BMW brand and was already out of the state of Colorado."

He told him to fuck himself!

lol

Sure.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

All those modifications mean nothing now because he just showed everyone that pic of his engine bay with that nice HOT AIR INTAKE.
                        He wants to be taken seriously with no heatshield..

Originally posted by Janderson
                        you can have the keys to my hunk of 20+ year old West German steel when you pry them from my cold dead fingers.

Comment

the bumpers are ugly

Comment

he lowered the price to 45k, it is a damn sexy car though.
                            -Dan

Comment

the angels must've come down and knock some sense into him, so he lowered the price... and put in the angel lights :D

Comment

IS THIS A JOKE??

Nope, it's for real. It would only look like a joke or a laughing matter when one is not comfortable or does not have enough information to comprehend a situation that they are uninformed about. Regards, Koorosh

haha what an idiot. Sold a 2002 and tii just for that horrendus interior?
                                props to him for stayin with bmw power, but why sell your dream car?
                                it was completed in 2008 and he 'slaved away' for it, selling it a year later?
                                haha
                                318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                                '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Working...
                                X