You ever want to get someone good?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • deutschman
    replied
    most shops charge a 2 hour minimum price for work. it makes sens. how the hell are they going to make any money if guys like you keep bringing them 10 minute jobs?
    i also think you are an ass hole for injuring some one over $40. that guy could have lost his thumb or his eyes and never been able to work again. what if he has a wife and kids to pay for? sounds like you need to start thinking before you act.

    Leave a comment:


  • iwantspeed
    replied
    at the junkyard its 3 dollars to get a junk tire of a wheel.
    and they do it right there next to main office.

    Leave a comment:


  • Denny
    replied
    Originally posted by Jonny Cash
    That package is insured! I hope you took pictures of the damage and the box. Did they make you sign for it?

    nope no signature... the box was open.....

    I think I can fix it...dont want to deal with those fuc$#*$#@ers...

    Leave a comment:


  • george graves
    replied
    Wow OP - I stopped telling little "stories" when I was 9.

    But if they make you happy...

    Leave a comment:


  • FredK
    replied
    Originally posted by DEV0 E30
    lawlzzz!

    words added to avoid banzorz. the quick brown dog jumped over the lazy red fox.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jonny Cash
    replied
    Originally posted by Denny
    YES! you....for the bent to sh*t "IS" spoiler you sold me..

    ....not your fault ...Damn I hate UPS!! you took the time to write in BIG letters fragile and they still walked on it....Fuc#@*!$#*$#@% bastards!!
    That package is insured! I hope you took pictures of the damage and the box. Did they make you sign for it?

    Leave a comment:


  • Jand3rson
    replied
    You're a fucking idiot. I have a friend who's dad was killed by a tire exploding in his face. I wish the guy had gotten hurt worse, only because then he could have pressed charges and had your stupid ass locked up. You're lucky he didn't already, but he probably would have if you weren't full of shit. I don't believe the second half of your story for a second.

    Leave a comment:


  • DEV0 E30
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • Atreus
    replied
    its not about the money, its about the principle... sucks about his thumb, that part sucked for him.

    +4 on vengeance.

    Leave a comment:


  • VacMan
    replied
    I believe you made the second half of this story up; at least I hope you did. I also think you're an idiot for not negotiating a price before you had someone do work for you. Why would that guy do something for you for free? Time is money, friend.

    Leave a comment:


  • Denny
    replied
    YES! you....for the bent to sh*t "IS" spoiler you sold me...























    ....not your fault ...Damn I hate UPS!! you took the time to write in BIG letters fragile and they still walked on it....Fuc#@*!$#*$#@% bastards!!

    Leave a comment:


  • accident
    replied
    subscribed for lol

    Leave a comment:


  • chadthestampede
    replied
    Originally posted by pbr87
    Yeah, that guy should probably look for a different career. He's obviously not a savvy businessman. He should have charged you at most $15 for taking off the two junk tires. I am lucky there are honest local shops near where I live. One of them estimated a job at $100, and then only charged me $48. When I asked why, the proprietor replied: "I run an honest shop, even if we estimate a job is going to take 90 minutes, if it only takes 45, we only charge you for 45."
    I was genuinely impressed. Another shop only charged me $15 for welding an exhaust peice. I was also impressed at this. The owner's response: "this shouldn't take us longer than 15 or 20 minutes to do, so fifteen bucks and we're straight".
    I come to this forum solely to read your enthralling adventures at local shops.

    Leave a comment:


  • xwill112x
    replied
    ^^ yea, pisses me off when they charge for like 2 hours labor, and it took like 10 mins. i love it when people charge you with a honest price...its a whole lot cheaper.

    Leave a comment:


  • pbr87
    replied
    Originally posted by Jonny Cash
    Honest to god I didnt go in there knowing the guy would hurt himself. The tire clearly didnt fit on the rim, anyone with half a brain wouldnt of kept trying to force it. If I had no idea about metric tires (I really hadnt until recently) and it was me mounting it, I wouldve told the guy to come back with a 17" tire. Not be a retard and try to force it.

    Yeah, that guy should probably look for a different career. He's obviously not a savvy businessman. He should have charged you at most $15 for taking off the two junk tires. I am lucky there are honest local shops near where I live. One of them estimated a job at $100, and then only charged me $48. When I asked why, the proprietor replied: "I run an honest shop, even if we estimate a job is going to take 90 minutes, if it only takes 45, we only charge you for 45."
    I was genuinely impressed. Another shop only charged me $15 for welding an exhaust peice. I was also impressed at this. The owner's response: "this shouldn't take us longer than 15 or 20 minutes to do, so fifteen bucks and we're straight".

    Leave a comment:

Working...