Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here it is: SAFE Remote Start for MANUAL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here it is: SAFE Remote Start for MANUAL!

Guys, I just finished the guinea pig: I now have a absolutely safe way to remote start your manual transmission car.

I mean, yeah, if you wanna TRY to fuck it up you could, but barring undiluted stupidity, this system is foolproof.

Any of you guys might be interested in a system like that? We would provide a fully "pre wired" kit and photos and instruction of what/where/how to install this thing.

You would have a full "basic" alarm, keyless entry, remote start and even turn your interior lights on when you disarm the system so you can see in your car before you open the door.

I would also be willing to wire for "horn honk" but you would be required to take apart your fusebox to install that feature. Kind of a PITA, but worth it, IMO.

I can offer this in 3 different stages: 2) "one way" transmitters, 2) "2 way" transmitters of one of each.

You can "upgrade" to 2 way transmitters later, if you wish.

Galaxy 5000 RS: $175
    Galaxy RS5000 12W: $200
    Galaxy 5000 RS2W: $250 (also includes temperature sensor, can "auto start" if it gets cold, feature must be enabled)

Most of you guys would be able to install this in 6 hours or so, but some of the connections are tough, like the TACH signal and the Emergency brake (MUST have working "PARK BRAKE" circuit!) so set a full weekend aside.

You will also get my personal phone number and FULL tech support. You will be required to buy some decent crimpers ($20) and you must own a test light (LED is best, normal light bulb is OK too.)

Shipping time is gonna suck. Normally I have these in stock, but I would need about a week between your paying me and the shipping date. By a week I mean more like 10 days, but only if I am out of stock on some product.

Guys, lets hear thoughts and impressions, ideas and stuff!

Oh...once again, thanks, R3V.

Luke

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

osnap. Not sure if I'd ever use remote start, but cool nonetheless.

Matt
    Matt

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
    I pack my CD player with asbestos. Those mother fuckers pay dearly for stealing my shit.
    Originally posted by kronus
    try whacking parts of the motor with a wrench while yelling "YOU WANT SUMMA DIS? HUH?"
    Originally posted by chadthestampede
    This is like a reverse build thread; it starts out nice and gets shitty.

Comment

I've been looking at the Galaxy systems for a while now. Good to know that someone, (even better that it's you), tried them out and can bring it to us in a fool proof package. When the time comes, I'm sure I'll grab one. Good stuff!
      -Pierre
      1987 535is
      1988 325is

Comment

Slightly OT, but I'd be interested in just a simple key-less entry system. Do you have any packages with instructions and telephone support available?

Comment

Yeah, I do, but you know people gonna give you shit because your shit don't start!

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

How did you figure out the lack of a neutral switch on our cars? or is that a secret

Comment

Leave it in neutral. That's what I do in both of my cars. I hate leaving cars in gear when they're parked. Just seems stupid.

Now if you're parked on a hill, well that just sucks. Adjust your parking brake so it actually holds the car. :)

Matt
              Matt

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
              I pack my CD player with asbestos. Those mother fuckers pay dearly for stealing my shit.
              Originally posted by kronus
              try whacking parts of the motor with a wrench while yelling "YOU WANT SUMMA DIS? HUH?"
              Originally posted by chadthestampede
              This is like a reverse build thread; it starts out nice and gets shitty.

Comment

Wow, neato! I'm pretty interested...
                Slicktop City!

Comment

safe way? I wonder because my buddy keeps remote starting his e36 m3 into objects
                  harry/harout

Comment

How much if I drive down and have you install it, Senor Luke? Keyless entry, "alarm" and remote start? I'd love to have this for my baby (wife). She'd dig the crap out of it!

I *could* install it, but really don't want to, heh. Shoot me a price and if you need any work done (drywall, trim, painting, etc etc) perhaps we could make a deal? *winkwinkwink*

Otherwise, let me know and I'll see about rounding up some money ;)
                    Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

I like. but low on cash. Will definately get one soon since i'm moving to the northeast soon.
                      Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
                      http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Highway1 View Post
                        How did you figure out the lack of a neutral switch on our cars? or is that a secret
                        I am also curious.

Comment

Is there any way the E46 style key/fob can be made to work with this?

Also +1 on a price to have you install it for me.

Comment

Thanks for the input so far guys! I have been working on the E46 style transmitter thing. I wouldn't have that if it were the only thing there was, personally. I ALWAYS pop the trunk when starting an E46, but I do have size 15 fingers.

I do have several people who want that though, so I am still trying to get it done.

Next: how does this work? Well, it is easier than than you might think. First you MUST have working ebrake indicator to connect to and a working tach to connect to, and your door switches (we call them door pins) MUST work too.

This systems connects to the Brake switch, parking brake switch, tachometer and door pins.

Imma say it again: ALL of these circuits MUST work PERFECTLY...fix that shit first.

When you get to where you are going, yank the ebrake handle and keep your foot off the brake. Turning off the key will NOT shut off the motor: the car will continue to run until the door opens and closes, then a couple of seconds later it will shut down.

Now you can arm the system...but if you open the door or unlock the car, it will NOT remote start.

Beautiful, huh? It knows you got out of the car with the brake on and the engine running...so normal use "cocks" the thing, you only have to use the sequence properly.

Like I said before, you can fool the thing, but that is YOU being the retard. If it doiesn't see the signal from the e-brake or see the signal from the door opening and closing, it won't start. If you tap the brake it will shut down too, so there is another fail safe.

BTW: I have found an easy and safe way to connect to the tach wire and the ebrake wire, both inside the dash. I also figured out how to keep the "check" panel from being pissed off...ask Curt about that!

No "BRAKE" light, no "LICENSE PLATE" light, no bullshit at all...unless the installer fucks it up...and that would be YOU, right?

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

Any of you eugene metro guys buy this and need it installed I am available and well qualified to install this system.

I work fairly cheap too.
                              -Andy

Comment

Working...
                              X