Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here it is: SAFE Remote Start for MANUAL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dnova89 View Post
    Hi Luke,

I might be interested in one of these 2-way transmitter set-ups (that's the one with the screen right?), I have the money right now to pay you, but I'm a bit confused. No offense but it doesn't seem like everything was thought through, like with the brake pedal/e-brake thing. So if I'm parked in a hill, I need to balance the pedal and e-brake as if I was shifting gears with the clutch/gas?

Also, I've never wired anything before, but I really want to learn, and I plan on doing a sound system and e36 window switch swap at the same time. Is this remote start feature far beyond my capabilities? Or if I took my sweet time and followed instructions would I be able to tackle it? I would most definitely need your tech support, I'm a total wiring noob but my dad is an electrical engineer so I'm sure I have all the tools to get it done somewhere haha, you seem like you're willing to stand behind your product all the way and I appreciate that.

If you don't mind can you give me as many details as you can? I want to know all the ways that I could possibly set off the remote-start the wrong way because I have bad luck sometimes.

I also have a couple more questions. What is the e-brake circuit? Is that when you pull up the e-brake, there should be a light on the dash indicating that? I don't think mine works... how would I go about fixing it? If I want it I'll send you payment asap, today or tomorrow.

I must say your prices are very reasonable as well. How sensitive is this alarm? Is there any way I could increase the sensitivity by adding more sensors, or would that just get complicated? How would it work if I wanted to add the trunk pop feature, does this setup already come with it or would I need to buy a separate module? Would I be able to add up a backup battery/siren in the future like the one viper sells or something?

Thanks,
    Darius
    Darius, yeah, I think in operation it is about as good as you are gonna get, considering the limitations of installers and customers: the thing is pretty seamless really. I mean you get where you are going, yank the ebrake and drop the foot brake if on a hill...open the door, get out and walk away. Pretty simple in all reality...and if the car shuts off immediately, you know the brake pedal was on too long.

No, it isn't perfect, but it is light years ahead of anything else!

Now, about that "trunk pop"...oh boy, I SO miss that feature! I hacked my supposedly "un poppable" 1977 Chevy Nova and was able to make it pop, but having spent zillions of hours trying to figure a way to make the E30 trunk latch pop I gave up...like 5 years ago. I have thought about hacking in the GM "pull down" system (like an old F Body) or even just swapping to a basic latch/solenoid...but now I am on a different groove: I wanna motorize my trunk lid.

Think of how bad ass that would be: opening and closing via remote!

I want to remove the latch altogether. I think the motorized headlight system will work (F body again!) to open and close the lid. I am still searching for a solenoid that will pop the hood, too. Tried the classic Honda starter solenoid, would have done great if I could get it to make torque for the first 5mm of "throw", but it has none.

Yeah, I have been fiddling with all of this crap for quite some time!

Originally posted by SimplyDope View Post
    Definitely interested in something simple (as mentioned in my email to you a little while back), using the e46 key fob unit thingies.

Let me know when testing is completed, and I'll go with one of the basic kits with the remote start :)

Riaz
    Riaz, guys, ain't gonna happen. E46 nor flip key is able to interface with this system: different coding is one thing, but a whole different type of signal frequency is another.

Sorry!

Originally posted by E30Nova View Post
    Ooooh, so even turning the ignition off with the key doesn't turn it off? I get it now!! :D

Matt
    I knew that would make sense sooner or later.

Wish I could have done that damn vid: my camera would have done great.

I am gonna order a couple of systems today. Anyone who wants to play guinea pig right now can get $25 off their order if I receive a $100 deposit to my PayPal before noon tomorrow, 3/23/10.

Keep in mind I have to order, wait for them to ship to me, build, test, program and then ship to you WHILE I write the install guide and take pics and stuff...so if you want that discount, it is still gonna be a couple of weeks at best until you have this product in your hands.

Oh yeah: quick disclaimer: I expect you guys to keep the information I am going to give you pretty much confidential. You know it is my intellectual property, but you also know how much I share stuff in general.

I am an open book kind of guy, but basically don't fuck me over and all and I is good.

-like someone is gonna make millions off this shit anyway, right?

Also, if you die or get hurt or you have any kind of damage, you are (duh) on your own. No liability for me, baby! You are dealing with sensitive electrical and electronic components directly related to the running of your car. Things can easily be damaged or cause damage to happen, so just to be clear: I accept NO LIABILITY for whatever this system may or may not do.

Oh just a FYI: if anyone were to cut the small loop of wire that jumpers between L1 and L2 on the main circuit board, this alarm would then become dangerous, allowing the vehicle to start without use of the parking brake circuit.

If anyone should attempt this very dangerous procedure and possibly even reprogram the system to operate as if the vehicle were equipped with an automatic transmission this system would be very dangerous to operate, possibly illegal.

Just so we are clear. DO NOT cut that loop. The car could then start in gear: VERY dangerous.

Luke

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by accident View Post
      how much for remote start without any of this ebrake leave the car running shenanigans?
      Same system, same price.

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

Ok, my question is - "Can the starter over power the parking brake?" I, along with pretty much everyone I know, parks their car in gear. I could see it being left in gear by accident pretty easily.
        1997 540i/6 - stock
        1985 325 - M50NV - Getrag 250 - 2.79 LSD - MS2/e -LC-1 - 750cc injectors - Blunttech Manifold - HX35 - AEM UEGO
        1991 318i - M50NV - Getrag 240 - 4.10 open - e36 rack - Smileys - 55w 5000k HIDs

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrix2k View Post
          Ok, my question is - "Can the starter over power the parking brake?" I, along with pretty much everyone I know, parks their car in gear. I could see it being left in gear by accident pretty easily.
          all depends on how strong your E-brake is, my 86, no the starter would not over power, the 84 yes it could.

in short, if your E-brake is adjusted properly it could not.
          -Andy

Comment

pictures, of remotes and stuff?
            87 325ic sold
            91 318i sold
            95 ///M3 sold
            02 325xi manual

Comment

Closing SOON!

Comment

Eew, that remote looks like it belongs on a Honda. :(

Matt
                Matt

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
                I pack my CD player with asbestos. Those mother fuckers pay dearly for stealing my shit.
                Originally posted by kronus
                try whacking parts of the motor with a wrench while yelling "YOU WANT SUMMA DIS? HUH?"
                Originally posted by chadthestampede
                This is like a reverse build thread; it starts out nice and gets shitty.

Comment

Originally posted by E30Nova View Post
                  Eew, that remote looks like it belongs on a Honda. :(

Matt
                  Probably my only beef with Scytek. Their shit is cheap and works awesome, but ALL of their remotes are carbon fiber print painted :(

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                  i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                  Originally posted by slammin.e28
                  Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrix2k View Post
                    Question is moot: you cannot get out of the car with it running while it is gear.

You didn't read this post very well, did you?

Closing SOON!

Comment

Yeah, I agree. Lemme see if I can get the old ones, like i still use. They weren't that bullshit CF crap.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Alright well here's the deal... i've never wired anything before, would this be easier to install than say if I went out and bought the latest viper set-up? Or would it be just about the same difficulty? Not to sound like a monster, but I'm just letting you know now if I purchase this I'm probably going to be asking you a million questions :( but if you can bare with me enough to help me get the job done then i'll be very grateful lol. I also plan to be installing a head unit and 4 speakers, along with an amp for those speakers from my other car into my e30 at the same time.

Would I be able to add things like shock sensors, tilt sensors, back-up battery sirens from a different company to this setup? I found some pretty cheap deals on Amazon for the viper accessory stuff. I was wondering if I could get those and install it in addition with your product. I'm spending a lot of money on this car, I already spent about $3600, i only bought the car for $2800, and I'm not even close to done, so I want the works in terms of security.
                        -Darius (aka DiscoDoughnuts on other forums)

dude man bro...

Comment

A "newbie" even attempting a basic alarm install is just begging for trouble.

My goal is to make this so simple that even a total newb can handle a very advanced install like this.

And yes, you can add all kinds of stuff to this alarm

Closing SOON!

Comment

Alright cool, also I didn't get my previous questions from my earlier post answered about the parking brake circuit haha. If my e-brake is up, am I supposed to have a light on the dash indicating it? I'll have to check if mine is working, I don't remember seeing that light before. If it's not working, what would be the first steps in repairing it? Also I would appreciate a list of possible ways the remote start could go wrong, just so I know what to avoid. I don't want to accidentally find out one day lol. I should be ready to pay you in a couple days if I want it, I have the money I'm just deciding between this and viper depending if my friend's shop can hook it up with the install. If not then I'll buy this and do it myself. Thanks for the info Luke!
                            -Darius (aka DiscoDoughnuts on other forums)

dude man bro...

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                              Question is moot: you cannot get out of the car with it running while it is gear.

You didn't read this post very well, did you?
                              It's remote start. I am under the impression there is no neutral safety switch so it checks if the parking brake is engaged. That means you could try to remotely start the car IN GEAR with the parking brake engaged. Am I mistaken?
                              1997 540i/6 - stock
                              1985 325 - M50NV - Getrag 250 - 2.79 LSD - MS2/e -LC-1 - 750cc injectors - Blunttech Manifold - HX35 - AEM UEGO
                              1991 318i - M50NV - Getrag 240 - 4.10 open - e36 rack - Smileys - 55w 5000k HIDs

Comment

Yes, you are mistaken.

You must get out of the car with the engine running.

How you gonna do that with it in gear?

That is why this is a safe "manual transmission" remote start.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Working...
                                X