your hand cleaner of choice

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dude
    replied
    Originally posted by Kershaw
    gojo with pumice.
    this

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    Just got done doing a brake job on my truck UGGGGHHHHHH what a nightmare (if I ever get my hands on the Engineer that put T55 torx in the back slider pins and used concrete for thread locker I will choke the shit outta him). Nothing would cut the grease, break fluid, dust and all the other shit ground into my hands.


    Well other than break clean that is. I dont like soaking my hands down in all that xylene, but the shit works

    Leave a comment:


  • e30frosh
    replied
    Goop. That is all.

    Leave a comment:


  • gearheadE30
    replied
    Gojo works great for me. I tried wearing gloves, both the nitrile kind and mechanix gloves, but I like having bare hands when I work.

    Leave a comment:


  • prezzaman
    replied
    hand cleaner

    I use :up:this stuff
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Jonny Cash
    replied
    DL. I have a bunch of it I use to clean up oil paint, thankfully i works awsome removing grease also. It works better than anything Ive ever used, but the smell is brutal, much like thinner.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kershaw
    replied
    gojo with pumice.

    Leave a comment:


  • der affe
    replied
    ugh heavy truck work, i do NOT envy you. that is some seriously nasty, dirty work!

    Leave a comment:


  • Axxe
    replied
    Nitrile gloves break often. They must be made by durex.....

    In my experience, cherry bomb works really well (haven't tried any others mention other than fast orange, which is crap), although I worked on class 8 trucks and if you want the definition of dirty try a clutch job on one of those suckers. Dirt, grease and soot everywhere.

    Leave a comment:


  • blueapplesoda
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • Jand3rson
    replied
    My buddy that works at the Red Cross occasionally drops by my house after work and replenishes my supply.

    Leave a comment:


  • der affe
    replied
    yea , i miss having a job...i usually am at a dealer and the perks that come with it ( although i don't miss the politics). dam the economy automotive jobs are still in the dumper for high end autos :(

    Leave a comment:


  • SpecRaceM5
    replied
    Originally posted by der affe
    yep! ^ i always wear gloves, but when you don't work at a shop (so you have a ready free supply) sometime you don't want to burn through 1/2 a box of gloves to finish a job. the other really nice thing about WORX is you don't have to use much at all to get the job done.

    BTW you can order it direct from the manufacture and save a little over getting it from MATCO.
    I work at a dealer and get gloves for free and I don't even like using them. They catch everything and tear and they just don't feel as good as not wearing any. It's kinda like underwear....minus the part about them always breaking.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30Idea
    replied
    Originally posted by b*saint
    Cherry Bomb
    This.

    Leave a comment:


  • der affe
    replied
    yep! ^ i always wear gloves, but when you don't work at a shop (so you have a ready free supply) sometime you don't want to burn through 1/2 a box of gloves to finish a job. the other really nice thing about WORX is you don't have to use much at all to get the job done.

    BTW you can order it direct from the manufacture and save a little over getting it from MATCO.

    Leave a comment:

Working...