Ohhhh mf son of a b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FB,

Thanks for the list, I am planning on replacing the items you have mentioned and are on my new punch list of work that needs to be done, I learned about half ass / no preventative maintenance on my 318i that is now torn down for rebuild. Thanks for you input, much appreciated.

Comment

No problem man, anytime. Good luck with the car.

Comment

If its that bad, just sell it and get another. How much you pay for it?

Comment

meh, my car has a bad head gasket (I discovered post sale as well), and I fully intend on driving it till the engine blows up, then I'll do an engine swap. It is a toy car though, I don't rely on it to get me anywhere, and the beat up m20 with leaky autotragic isn't worth the effort of a head gasket fix.

Comment

I tend to shoot for overkill, but you mentioned a high idle, so if you're taking the head off, I'd go ahead and replace all of your vacuum lines too. It's like an extra $20, max, and it'll be so much easier while you're there.

And for that matter think of doing all the coolant hoses too, fuel hoses, etc. Anything that's easier with the head off I'd seriously consider replacing if it needs it, because (hopefully) you won't ever be in the position to do so again.

For example, I replaced my head gasket 1,000 miles before replacing my starter...I wouldn't recommend it.
            87 325iC 90 325iC 88 325iC 87 325i 87 325iS 87 325eS

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
              If the buyer didn't fully inspect the car, and bought on someone's word alone, it's his fault. Any intelligent individual, who was un-savvy in the automotive realm, should, and would take the vehicle to a professional to have an inspection to verify the condition of the car. End of story.
              Farbin, let's say that we have very different outlooks: I can agree with you that any intelligent individual should have had a PPI performed, but that makes the seller no less of a scumbag. Speaking personally, I wouldn't be able to pull that off.

Comment

I like how a bunch of people here are standing up for shitty sellers. No wonder the classifieds section is sketchy.
                90 Bronzit 325is (I <3 my e30!) RIP. Best car ever.
                83 Delphin 320i (R.est I.n P.ieces)
                07 STI Stg2 (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by DminLA View Post
                  Yea, I am still considering the driving the car through the house scenario
                  Originally posted by Lunner View Post
                  I tend to shoot for overkill, but you mentioned a high idle, so if you're taking the head off, I'd go ahead and replace all of your vacuum lines too. It's like an extra $20, max, and it'll be so much easier while you're there.

And for that matter think of doing all the coolant hoses too, fuel hoses, etc. Anything that's easier with the head off I'd seriously consider replacing if it needs it, because (hopefully) you won't ever be in the position to do so again.
                  And yea I am going to do all of the above now that you have mentioned it, still putting the list together. Thanks for the input.

Originally posted by Cyrano View Post
                  If its that bad, just sell it and get another. How much you pay for it?
                  I am not sure of the "how bad is it" best case is a unproperly torqued / bad hg which means a day of wrenching and a couple hundred bucks and I paid 1400, If I would have know I still would have purchased just at a reduced price

Comment

Originally posted by torqueflight View Post
                    I like how a bunch of people here are standing up for shitty sellers. No wonder the classifieds section is sketchy.
                    Last edited by DminLA; 07-12-2010, 12:16 AM. Reason: Edit

Comment

Originally posted by torqueflight View Post
                      Well not really, its just if someone goes and buys something and is looking at it with their own two eyes. And has mechanical knowhow, they are the only ones to blame. Cause they could of said no thanks i think i'll pass, and also its good to take a buddy along cause you may overlook something yourself and he may see something you may not.

1992 BMW 325iC
                      1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                      1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

The point is: has the seller misrepresented the car's condition? PPI or not. I think that a new topic shall be opened in the transaction feedbacks section only if the seller doesn't make good. If the car was sold for $500, then what can be expected?

So, how was the car presented before purchasing and how much was it sold for?
                        Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by nmlss2006 View Post
                          Farbin, let's say that we have very different outlooks: I can agree with you that any intelligent individual should have had a PPI performed, but that makes the seller no less of a scumbag. Speaking personally, I wouldn't be able to pull that off.
                          Last edited by DminLA; 07-11-2010, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                            The point is: has the seller misrepresented the car's condition? PPI or not. I think that a new topic shall be opened in the transaction feedbacks section only if the seller doesn't make good. If the car was sold for $500, then what can be expected?

So, how was the car presented before purchasing and how much was it sold for?
                            The po disclosed the oil leak but exact location and extent with held, I got the shit I' really sorry man but I purchased another car already, and the car was 1400. If I would have know the hg was bad I would have still purchased at a lower price.

Comment

Mister, I seem to be the only one who's trying to defend you and you choose to pick a fight with me? I *sincerely hope* you're a troll - which is becoming more probable with every post by the by.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                                Well not really, its just if someone goes and buys something and is looking at it with their own two eyes. And has mechanical knowhow, they are the only ones to blame. Cause they could of said no thanks i think i'll pass, and also its good to take a buddy along cause you may overlook something yourself and he may see something you may not.
                                I agree 100%, however if you know there is an issue with the car the RIGHT and ethical thing to do is disclose the issue and let the prospective buyer make an informed decision. I do accept some more than 50% of the responsibility my money, my decision, my mistake. Karma has a way of working things out.

Comment

Working...
                                X