No announcement yet.

Ohhhh mf son of a b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad you still want the car, and I hope you take care of it unlike your last. I agree that ultimately all this shit is yours to deal with, but I'm also of the opinion that we should hold sellers on here to a higher quality than the randoms popping up on Craigslist. Now the PO may have legitimately not known about this problem, but damn I hope we have some sense of the golden rule going on here.

Fix it and post on the transaction feedbacks exactly what you were sold and what you were told, as unbiased as you can be. Let future members decide if they want to deal with this guy based on that.

Comment

Originally posted by nmlss2006 View Post
      Mister, I seem to be the only one who's trying to defend you and you choose to pick a fight with me? I *sincerely hope* you're a troll - which is becoming more probable with every post by the by.
      huh?
      Not trying to pick a fight, I am pretty much over it, made a bad buy, i will post appropriate info in the feedback forum. just saying I would never do this to someone

Comment

Originally posted by DminLA View Post
        I agree 100%, however if you know there is an issue with the car the RIGHT and ethical thing to do is disclose the issue and let the prospective buyer make an informed decision. I do accept some more than 50% of the responsibility my money, my decision, my mistake. Karma has a way of working things out.

Edit: nevermind, seen your post that you was gonna make a transaction thread.
        Last edited by JasonC; 07-11-2010, 08:49 PM.

1992 BMW 325iC
        1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
        1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Thanks for the positive input from those who gave it, not the best way to start on a forum but needed to vent a bit.

I will be keeping the car, making the correct repairs for a solid dd, pics and progress to follow in the next week.

Do i believe the po knew there was this issue with the car and did not disclose, absolutely 100% without a doubt, was it my fault for not finding out during inspection prior to purchase 100% without a doubt.

Time to move on and share the experience of the fix.

Thanks

Comment

Newbie or not, post up the seller.

He needs raking over the coals

Closing SOON!
            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

maybee....

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysclean View Post
                Haha, good detective work sir. Noted for future reference, assuming the PO doesn't have a convincing story.
                87 325iC 90 325iC 88 325iC 87 325i 87 325iS 87 325eS

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                  If the buyer didn't fully inspect the car, and bought on someone's word alone, it's his fault. Any intelligent individual, who was un-savvy in the automotive realm, should, and would take the vehicle to a professional to have an inspection to verify the condition of the car. End of story.
                  so it is ok to possibly lie about the car that you are selling as long as you dont get caught?

I agree with you he should have checked it out, but we should also know who sold it to him so we can aviod that person if we wanted to

Blame is on both parties
                  88 325ic ~~~> Rusty and ugly
                  85 E ~~~> RIP

Comment

No, ^, Chances are the seller was as dumb as the buyer. My bet is he had no idea. HE sold a $1400 e30. What do you guys expect, come on.

I would not expect "complete, utter full fucking disclosure" on a car unless I was buying a 1 owner, sub 50k example. Come on.

Comment

You all assume the PO knew about the HG problem too... some people just dont take care of their cars and they dont know it. I mean the car did drive from OC to LA, and the OP said it drove fine, so this could have easily been undetectable.
                      -Alex

Comment

^ That's what I'm trying to say.

Comment

I can't believe you didn't even pull the dipstick to look at the color of the oil. Takes 30 seconds max and most of the time you can tell a bit about how the car was cared for.

Comment

Originally posted by Uber E30 View Post
                            You all assume the PO knew about the HG problem too... some people just dont take care of their cars and they dont know it. I mean the car did drive from OC to LA, and the OP said it drove fine, so this could have easily been undetectable.
                            Correct. Maybe he didn't know. But now that he does, it's time to make good and find a resolution to the problem. Either a full refund and take the car back, then fix it and resell it to somebody else, or splitting the expense for fixing the car.

Ignorance is no an excuse.
                            Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                              Ignorance is no an excuse.
                              You're right. But it goes both ways. Ignorance on the part of the buyer contributed to this situation just as much or more so than from the seller.

Comment

^^ I do not agree with you. Maybe Canada holds your hand, but it does not work that way here.

Comment

Working...
                                X