No announcement yet.

Ohhhh mf son of a b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you need someone to do the work, i'm cheap and in desperate need of money.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
    i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
    Originally posted by slammin.e28
    Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

i am the PO

ok so i have been reading everything thats been said on this thread. I think its time for me to say something, I am the PO and I think its only fair for you guys to hear my side of the story instead of me getting flamed and bashed on here. The previous owner before me was an elderly man that did the rebuild himself and the family I bought it from said he had moved back to Mexico and they didn't need the car. It sat out parked in the street for 2yrs. I inspected the car with my father. Definitely had its cosmetic flaws, but the car held temperature and engine seemed to have good compression. I have had an overheating problem with one of my previous E30's where I found oil and coolant mixing also in the radiator hose. So my father and I made the mistake of only checking the coolant reservoir and assuming since it held temperature that the cooling system was fine. I've always known about the oil leaks and I definitely knew it was coming from the oil pan drain plug as well as an untightened oil filter. I NEVER KNEW ABOUT OIL IN THE RAD HOSE since I have never had the chance to remove it and the car never once overheated. Im sorry for those that do not believe and I truly do apologize to Dave. I have always been legit in all my business deals here on R3V and always happy to help somebody out if I could. I worked a full-time job and had plans for the car unfortunately I was laid off which forced me to get rid of my car on top of that my mom was having a hard time handling all the bills by herself since my father was also laid off from his job. My family is in complete financial crisis. So I post my car up, I get a PM from Dave saying he's in need of the car but he has a hard time getting up to Orange County and out of good faith I drive the car down 50 miles in order to help him out. I get to his house and I fully disclosed everything I knew about the car I NEVER lied about anything. He inspected the car for about a good 30-40 minutes and he told me that it is leaking from the corner of the head. I never saw this personally until that day, the car was leaking a shit-ton of oil. I told him all the locations that I knew where it was leaking from. He then told me whoever did the rebuild did not torque it down according to specs. So Dave said the worst case scenario was the car needed a head gasket. I said okay, and he test drove the car, and even took it on the freeway. So I was at his place for a good hour until he told me that he'll buy the car for 1400 not the agreed price of 1500. I agreed since he told me about the head gasket problem. So I sold him the car we parted ways. The next day I was nice enough to call him and ask how everything was going, he said he knew what he was getting into there are some issues but everything was fine. Now for the record if I knew about the headgasket problem from the start I would have never sold him the car. I actually thought he was going to pass, but he still wanted to purchase the car. I really do not appreciate Dave calling me out on here he could have just spoke to me. I know it is partly my fault for not being a responsible owner and have the car properly maintained but I honestly was not aware of this problem. My family has been hit hard by this shitty economy. I truly am sorry I do not want to have a bad rep as a bad seller I really don't appreciate being threatened on here after my efforts in trying to help out the buyer.
      Last edited by JT325is; 07-12-2010, 12:49 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Uber E30 View Post
        You all assume the PO knew about the HG problem too... some people just dont take care of their cars and they dont know it. I mean the car did drive from OC to LA, and the OP said it drove fine, so this could have easily been undetectable.
        im sorry and ashamed to say that I was dumb enough to not detect the HG problem, it was hiding in the upper rad hose

Originally posted by TwoJ's View Post
        I can't believe you didn't even pull the dipstick to look at the color of the oil. Takes 30 seconds max and most of the time you can tell a bit about how the car was cared for.
        actually he did
        sigpic

Comment

my popcorn. i is buttering it as we speak.
          Originally posted by teamdynasty43
          Aye listen here ph fucking dick cheese mother fucker ...go back to touching your self or your fucking boyfriend because you're just some dumb mother fucker that has no fucking life than other to ridicule others because you have no fuckin life and low self esteem so you try to make your self feel better so you act all big!!!! Sooooo get the fuck out of here and shut your stupid little Whore mouth the fuck up and just leave!

Comment

^^ I told you all.

Comment

:dot:

well that was awkward

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

There is fault on both parties, I am upset sure, do accept partial blame yes.

I did inspect the car, for a good 20-30 minutes, looked at the stick, oil was clean but needed to be changed, inside of valve cover was also very clean which would mach up to the engine being rebuilt as JT indicated on the phone.

Coolant expansion tank was checked clear no signs of oil
                All other fluids checked
                Trans shifted fine and smooth
                rear end made noise but needs new bushings
                hissing from rear diff, will replace
                brakes are soft, need new pads and more than likely an new mc, while I am there i will replace the brake lines.

Jt did help me out by bringing the car to me and maybe there is the chance that he did not know, but at this point water under the bridge.

Coolant expansion tank was checked clean no oil.

The only way I found out is when I disconnected the upper return rad hose from the block to the radiator.

I have worked on my m42 and am familiar with it, however this in my 1st b25. I should have said no way or purchased the car at a reduced price. Again I do not see how this was un detected, I needed to take 15 more minutes to take off the hose but being unfamiliar with the b25 engine .

JT, your stories to me don't match, I will not go into the conversation we have had yesterday via txt and WEwill chalk this up to a learning experience for both of us. I made a hasty decision which I never do and now I pay for the decision.

I am going to move on and show should everyone else, This is a 300 dollar fix for gaskets, h bolts, timing belt and tensioner, various vacuum hoses and new coolant hoses and of course 8-12 hours of my time. I will also replace other seals while the head is off for a preventive measure.

The reason I started this thread was because of frustration, I would expect a scenario like this from CL, Autotrader or ebay, but not from a forum of enthusiasts, we should be held to a little higher standard especially when selling to forum members.

I will be doing the work over the weekend, if anyone wants to come by I'll supply the beer and food should make for a fun day.

Mod can you please close this thread or move to transaction Feedback.

Comment

Not really awkward: we needed to hear both sides of the story, now we did.

Comment

Originally posted by JT325is View Post
                    Dave calling me out on here he could have just spoke to me.
                    I did not call you out read the entire 1st post. Second I did contact you yesterday, I can transcribe the txt msgs if you like but will not do any good. Your stories do not match up bud.

Like I said, lessons learned for both of us.

best to let lying dogs rest

Comment

Wait so... You knew the car needed a head gasket when you purchased it.. I fail to see any fault by the PO. Why does this thread exist, am I missing something?
                      Check my feedback HERE

Comment

Originally posted by JT325is View Post
                        ... he told me that he'll buy the car for 1400 not the agreed price of 1500. I agreed since he told me about the head gasket problem.
                        Hmmm... Therefore the headgasket problem was not a post purchase surprise if it was used as a bargaining argument to lower the price. So why make such a fuss?

It is always good to hear both sides of the story.

Case closed?
                        Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

And I repeat, I told you all.

Comment

90 Bronzit 325is (I <3 my e30!) RIP. Best car ever.
                            83 Delphin 320i (R.est I.n P.ieces)
                            07 STI Stg2 (Sold)

Comment

Wait, this is over a $1400 car?

Ban.
                              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Not everyone is rich and can toss around $1400.
                                90 Bronzit 325is (I <3 my e30!) RIP. Best car ever.
                                83 Delphin 320i (R.est I.n P.ieces)
                                07 STI Stg2 (Sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X