Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jasonsnoddy View Post
    i think the people running $1000+ sets of wheels dont drive them everyday
    I doubt that. I daily drove on Fikses when I drove the M3 all the time. I mean really, a $1,000 set of wheels is pretty standard.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
    2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
    1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
    1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
    - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
    1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
    Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nrubenstein View Post
      I doubt that. I daily drove on Fikses when I drove the M3 all the time. I mean really, a $1,000 set of wheels is pretty standard.
      This. Gotta think about the rubber too. It's not like the thief is going to take the wheels and leave you with your tires.

But anyways, park where you can see your car or just lower it so you can't get a jack under it ;)

Comment

I daily with my $1000+ wheels, quit being pussies R3V.

Comment

Insurance. Best option you have. Wheel locks are so easy to defeat with a socket set, hammer, and impact gun. Most cordless ones even will do the trick. The only grief wheel locks cause is for the owner when he wants to change wheels and can't find the lock.
          -Mike

Comment

Glue the wheels to the hub. PROBLEM SOLVED.

The lugs were so tight when I bought my car I needed a torque multiplier to loosen them. That would work too, I suppose.
            Last edited by Raxe; 03-28-2011, 05:24 PM.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

I weld my wheels on to the hub.

Comment

Yeah, no.

I do. Everyday.
                Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Originally posted by NomadE30 View Post
                  I weld my wheels on to the hub.
                  ^that's what I call "winning"
                  Originally posted by Matt-B
                  hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by E30 F34R View Post
                    I am planning on running my BBS RS that I am building everyday. I am glad I live in the middle of no where.

I think you have stated that you own/work on your set of bbs rs wheels every day for the past month. Cool it man. We know.
                    world renown Harry Potter expert
                    sigpic

Comment

Weird timing on this thread - have been putting thought into wheel locks recently and doing research..

Note 1: Having some/any security is a measure that can keep a potential thief moving on to an easier target.

Note 2: Every lock can be overcome easily with the right tools – by the right thief.

Note 3: With 1 & 2 in mind - might as well go with something simple, cheap, and easy to use – this will thwart two-bit pranksters and hoodlims.

Note 4: I really dislike adding moving parts – and weight – especially unsprung weight – to the car.

subNote 4: do wheel locks mess with wheel balance?

Note 5: Dealing with the locks (removing wheels/addressing flats or slow leak punctures) will always be that much more of a pain.

When I take all that into account – I lean toward not using locks – and investing in appropriate insurance.
                      -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                        You two are like the teacher that gives out really bad advice "The best way to avoid pregnancy is not to have sex in the first place!" Derp!
                        Brilliant.
                        '87 325i "Chewey" (RIP, my beloved)
                        current:
                        '01 e46 325iT "Dot" - #datwagonlife
                        '87 e30 325i "Tui" - she has her mother's eyes

Comment

FYI for anyone looking I just bought these they seem decent and will give me the false sense of security i have been looking for.

sigpic

Comment

i used to daily drive on a set of $2800 rims and $1000 of tires... didnt even run wheel locks.

not on an e30 though.
                            AWD > RWD

Comment

Most of you guys are acting like james bond will be the one stealing your wheels. Thieves use tools like rocks and flat head screw drivers to steal your decks and wal mart jacks and center blocks to steal tires. A stud conversion with a gorilla nut on it will keep your wheels much safer than nothing.

Unless of course a professional mechanic with snap on tools and shit load of know how and a compressor with air tools he keeps in his truck decides to steal your shit.

Comment

Just convert to studs then, then buy wheel locks
                                Originally posted by audiquattrot
                                bimmers b4 b*tches....remember that.
                                1990 Alpinweiss 325i - secret 500whp build
                                2000 Audi S4 B5 Laser Red
                                1990 Nissan 240sx - Drift Missile
                                2006 CBR600RR

Comment

Working...
                                X