S52B32 in an ix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S52B32 in an ix?

Can it be done? has it been done? There's a rare ix coupe with blown head gasket for sale in my area and a low mileage S52B32 also for sale. Sounds like it could make a nice combo if it can be done. Any advice?

Comment

it has been done. as you can see by the above video. s54 swap has been done too.

you will need to cut the front half of the m20 ix oil pan and weld it to the s52 oil pan. apparently it will just bolt up.
      AWD > RWD

Comment

e34 525ix pan?

Comment

yeah. good luck finding that.
          AWD > RWD

Comment

if you're doing an s52 ix swap, you should be ready to hunt/pay. i'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find a used one on ebay in europe. or buy it new.

bmw part number: 11131730429

never done a 24v ix swap, so not even sure that pan is what will work.

Comment

Won't work, axle shafts are a different size.

Comment

Originally posted by lennon View Post
                e34 525ix pan?
                You'll need far more than just a pan to do it that way, it ends up being more work than modifying the e30 one.

Basically with a modified pan it bolts in (using ix engine mount arms even). The main difficulty lies with brake booster/manifold clearance.
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

more clearance issues than normal 24v swap? engine at less of an angle in the ix?

Comment

Car sold 15 minutes before I called. So guess it a mute point now. Thanks for the answers though.

Comment

Originally posted by lennon View Post
                      more clearance issues than normal 24v swap? engine at less of an angle in the ix?
                      Yes it will sit at the m20's angle instead.
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

oh i missed the part about using the m20 ix arms. wasn't thinking about that.

Comment

Working...
                        X