Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://sheboygan.craigslist.org/pts/4164849648.html

This must be a r3v part out.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Build Thread
    Rear Diff Rebuild
    Rebuildable Viscous Coupling
    Transfer Case Rebuild
    "Life is simpler with 12 valves"

Comment

the lake must have got to em...that touring is sweet though except all the rust

Comment

both are from the same owner. if you could get the pair for 4.5, it would be a steal if the rust isn't too bad.
        sigpic
        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

a "zooz" for restoration for pretty cheap

Comment

'87 M6
            1988 Atlantisblau Euro/Japanese 325i Cabriolet
            1989 Schwartz 325i - now M50 powered! - now very dead
            1998 Toyota 4Runner Limited
            My 17,000km Big NA National Parks trip!

Comment

Is anyone able to confirm that this was actually made by Ford with this motor? If so, I never knew they made this (E28 content):

www.truegearhead.com
              - bad decisions & questionable cars

Comment

Originally posted by ReallyDirtyThirty View Post
                Is anyone able to confirm that this was actually made by Ford with this motor? If so, I never knew they made this (E28 content):

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/4175689970.html
                This did in fact come with that engine and I believe some other American products of the '80s came with BMW diesels. Perhaps it was a stop gap between gas engines converted to diesel and actual ground up diesel engineering.

To stay on topic, a Subaru 360 on the East coast: http://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/4161237819.html

Comment

Yay, finally get to contribute ... awesome e34 v8 6 sp swap local. I tried to convince him to take my 30 for it but he knows what he has ...

My don't quote me list:

Originally posted by george graves
                  I could be wrong, but I don't think it's a smog test type of thing. IIRC think it's against CA law to *sell* a dual outlet muffler as a replacement for a car that came from the factory with a single. But don't quote me on that.

Comment

Someone needs to get a hold of these - I believe this is a bargain

Comment

this one isn't too bad. wish i could have seen his original ad

I had this really rad ad all typed up, and Craig and his goonies keep insta-flagging the got damn post for some reason- so here's the super lame-o run down on the car:

What do successful people drive? Hondas and cheap Japanese cars? NO! They drive German cars. You might as well start your young teen on the right foot of success with a BMW. I mean, unless you want them to flip burgers the rest of their lives.
                      Now, when I say "God's chariot" I meant it. But, like all small business owners- God is a pretty busy fellow. When He owned it, He didn't have time for maintenance or basic repairs- I mean think about it- He's got WAY bigger fish to fry than to take care of his commuter car. . ... Floods, the earth, universe stuff, that big cloud in the sky (no, not affiliated with Apple). . ... so he sold it to me. . .. . ... He told me "let someone enjoy the "ultimate driving machine"". He rode it hard and put it up wet so to speak- so I got it and decided to play with it on my down time. Hey, God stuff is hard work, don't judge Him!
                      Here's the list of things done to it within the last 250 miles.
                      • Timing chain
                      • Timing chain guides (all of them)
                      • Timing chain tensioner
                      • Upper and lower timing case cover gaskets
                      • Water pump and thermostat gaskets.
                      • Low temperature thermostat
                      • Upper and lower intake gaskets
                      • Intake valves, with valve job
                      • Surfaced head and block
                      • Head gasket
                      • Coolant with BMW OEM coolant
                      • Oil service with LL04 premium synthetic oil and OEM filter
                      • Brake flush with premium ATE SL6 fluid
                      • Lower control arms
                      • Lower control arm bushings
                      • Front anti sway bar end links
                      • Rebuilt shifter and bushings with a short shifter and shift knob
                      • Spark plugs
                      • Tires balanced
                      • Alignment
                      • Valve cover gasket and grommets
                      • Coil on plug conversion to ditch the crappy coil block it came with originally.
                      • New battery.
                      • Rear heavy duty shock mounts
                      • Air conditioning recharged

Where can you find an iconic car in automotive history, WITH WORKING AIR CONDITIONING?!
                      Let's get to some specifics:
                      • It has tires on it that are in good shape.
                      • The interior has E30is Recaro sport seats. Oh yea, you heard me. No lame-o 318 sedan seats- These are out of an E30 coupe, and they are the super awesome sport seat!
                      • It has a short shift kit and bad ass shifter knob. You will feel like Mario Andretti or Danica Patrick (depending on your gender) whenever you drive this thing.
                      • It as an Alpine CD player in it. One less thing to buy, and the tunes work!
                      • It has a back seat. Imagination sold separately.
                      • This car goes SO FAST, the paint literally has come off on it. Apparently the German that painted it in 1991 did not put enough sweat or beer in the paint- and thus it has started to peel/fade. Deal with it. Plasti-dip it or vinyl wrap it if it weirds you out. Or let your friend from art class paint it with some cool design. Turn it into a BMW art-car like Andy Worhal did. I BET the majority of it could be buffed and waxed out- but I ain't doing it.
                      • The dash is cracked. Before you go "dude the dash is cracked, I want to buy the car for 29 dollars" every E30 has a cracked dash. Consider yourself in an elite club now.
                      • The 5 speed shifts like an exotic sports car. If you get used to its tight shift pattern and you could drive an 18 wheeler, I'm sure*
                      *not very sure of that
                      • The interior is pretty dope for 1991. That being said, I don't want any lip from you about its condition. It's probably as old, or possibly older than you. Respect your elders.
                      • It smells like an E30. Seriously, they have their own smell. Once you smell it, it's a smell that will never be forgotten. . .. Kinda like when your uncle from the "other side" of the family farted at the Thanksgiving dinner table. . .. I was embarrassed for him, 'cause he sure wasn't! Use air fresheners if you aren't too "keen" to the smell of amazing 1991 BMW engineering.
                      • It comes with a FREE and CLEAN sun visor thingie to keep the heat out.

832- 7nine7- nine 114.
                      Your busy, Im busy.
                      Text me, Ill text you back.
                      sigpic
                      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/cto/4210313029.html

by no means a purist's car, but bad ass none the less. The tail lights would have to go immediately

Comment

Originally posted by Edirty30 View Post
                          http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/cto/4210313029.html

by no means a purist's car, but bad ass none the less. The tail lights would have to go immediately

its not a real m3, so no harm done. that spoiler has to go as well. the bumpers look like that fiberglass bullshit from "you-know-where" i rather like the car though.

it seems so stupid to get a car that close to completion and sell before its finished. kinda like taking 40 plays to get down to the 1 yard line and turning the ball over on 4th down because you couldn't punch it into the end zone.
                          Last edited by flyboyx; 11-25-2013, 11:05 AM.
                          sigpic
                          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

E30 91 318is keep or sell? Need help

hey guys this is my first post, i apologize if its in the wrong category

2 days ago my bother and girlfriend bought me a e30:) its a 91 318is
                            183k on body, 5 speed

I been wanting an E30 since i was a little kid, I want to do a s52 swap and keep it for a very long time.

they paid 1k for the car- the car has 183k miles, and a salvage title, it was hit in the back and it will need to be pulled to straighten everything out. After they surprised me with the car i inspected it the next day and found a couple of rust holes under the rear wheel fender and bumper they are about the size of an open hand.

the interior of the car is trash, it is duck taped all over and will need to be replaced.

ok let me get to the point.

should i keep the car and fix it up and do the swap as i planned or is it a waste of time since it has a salvage title and the whole car will need to be rebuilt from the ground up, almost everything will need to be replaced on it.
                            I can find nice e30 with around 100k miles and clean title with no damage for around 2k to 3k
                            will it be better if i sell it and add some money and get one that needs a little less work and go from there?
                            Any tips or ideas are appreciated

here are some pictures of it

Comment

Working...
                            X