Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BAVARIAN IRON View Post
    Here is another rust bucket that the owner thinks is a classic worth five figures restored
    https://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/5807643145.html
    He didn't say anything that wasn't true... what's the problem? He's asking a fairly reasonable price if everything checks out.

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
    this car has a mixture of awesome and....well...shit. i would never pay anything more than the price for the parts on a car with wheel lips f*ed to hell like they are on this car. that looks like one heck of a rust bubble on the driver's side rocker.
    Having driven this car a few times at various stages of it's life... it's a very fun car. Most recently I drove it to the dyno mentioned. I just helped him swap the front suspension out on it as he mentions in the ad. The rust does suck and you don't know how bad it is until you dive in unfortunately... it was a New York car, we flew there and drove it back. Was seriously misrepresented by the former owner (a forum member here) when it was purchased by the current owner.

The price is fair (I think) considering what you have to work with. He paid more for the car than he is asking and it now has a good suspension, blower, tune, and a new paintjob. Plus a lot of stuff corrected that the previous owner had botched horribly.
    Last edited by Schnitzer318is; 10-01-2016, 07:53 PM.
    "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
    -----------------------------------------
    91 318is Turbo Sold
    87 325 Daily driver Sold
    06 4.8is X5
    06 Mtec X3
    05 4.4i X5 Sold
    92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
    90 325i Sold
    97 328is Sold
    01 323ci Sold
    92 325i Sold
    83 528e Totaled
    98 328i Sold
    93 325i Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
      Having driven this car a few times at various stages of it's life... it's a very fun car. Most recently I drove it to the dyno mentioned. I just helped him swap the front suspension out on it as he mentions in the ad. The rust does suck and you don't know how bad it is until you dive in unfortunately... it was a New York car, we flew there and drove it back. Was seriously misrepresented by the former owner (a forum member here) when it was purchased by the current owner.

The price is fair (I think) considering what you have to work with. He paid more for the car than he is asking and it now has a good suspension, blower, tune, and a new paintjob. Plus a lot of stuff corrected that the previous owner had botched horribly.
      ah man.....that sucks. selling a rusty car in the south is gonna be an uphill battle. probably like climbing mt everest.
      sigpic
      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

who needs one of these? found this while doing my "recaro search"

2008 Ohara Caliber Snow Cat With Plow Seats 7 Yanmar 86 Horse Diesel - $79900 (Grand Junction)

Upgraded Recaro Race Seats
        Roof Rack
        Yanmar 86 Horse 4 Cylinder Turbo Diesel
        Just Over 300 Hours
        Aluminum Tracks
        Ski Racks
        Satellite Radio
        Side Rack
        Hydro-static Drive
        Attached Files
        sigpic
        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Pretty good potential here.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTacoMan View Post
            $3,499 for the smog sticker. $1 for the car.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTacoMan View Post
              I am pretty sure that is a LT1 not a LS1.
              How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Debating taking a look at it

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
                  I am pretty sure that is a LT1 not a LS1.
                  I saw that as well. Yes that's an LT1.
                  1990 325is
                  m52b28
                  3.73lsd
                  g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

that exhaust on the lt1, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by jag09 View Post
                      Looks like a euro car. Probably worth the asking price unless its really trashed

Comment

1987 BMW 325es--Low Miles--Black on Black - $900

1987 BMW 325es Coupe
                        Only 106K Miles--Runs Good
                        Black w/ Black Leather
                        Interior/Exterior in Overall Good Condition

$900 Firm
                        R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
                        └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Are these upgrades 'tasteful'? I like the paint, but not the wheels.

1976 BMW 2002 in excellent shape - $14950

Up for sale is my 1976 BMW 2002. Mostly stock with a few tasteful upgrades. Have you ever seen and checked out other 2002s in person before? They look great on the internet and in magazines, but when you see them in real life most of them are smelly, rusty, and plagued with problems. This one is a rock-solid example and one of the best around. I love the car but its time to sell and get a different classic with an auto trans for my wife. Here are the details::: 4-speed manual, 4cyl m10 engine. Well maintained, looks and runs excellent. Car was originally from long beach CA. Fully rebuilt engine with receipts. Lowered on eibach springs. Bilstein shocks. Turbo rear spoiler. Working factory sunroof with no leaks. Completely crack-free dash with separate dash cover if you want to put it on. ST front and rear sway bars. Front strut tower brace. Weber 32/36 carb. Ansa exhaust. Scheel Mann adjustable leather racing seats. Upgraded sound system. New battery. Kamei front spoiler. Weathertech floor and trunk mats. Nice two-tone paint that still shows very well. Fully carpeted trunk area. Momo 4-spoke steering wheel. Rare euro flush-mount front turn signals. Zender e30 15x7 et25 wheels on brand new tires with less than 200 miles on them. Hella H4 working fog lights. Brand new main lights and bulbs. Custom made vintage roof rack with brand new wood slats. No rust that I've seen other than a small spot down in spare tire well (easily patched). Completely solid body and mechanics. Tinted windows. Car has factory installed BEHR air conditioning that actually works! Original factory shop manuals, Bentley repair manual, 2002 restoration guides, other books, and a thick book full of many receipts/history included. Car was and is well loved, stored under a cover in a sealed garage. Never driven in snow or rain and it shows; the only water it has seen is an occasional hand-wash to keep the dust off. A few small blemishes for a 40-year-old car but nothing major. The only bumouts are that the heater works but blower motor doesnt come on, there is a small crack on the lower front plastic spoiler, and the speedo works but the odometer stopped ticking. Other than that, everything else is 100% working. Driven and enjoyed weekly, and ready to drive anywhere. I've laid all the cards on the table so there shouldn't be any doubts or questions, but feel free to email if you have any. I'm looking for 14950 firm cash or certified bank check/wire transfer only
                          R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
                          └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

hi
                            welcome to this forum site , here you can find lots of things , i suggest you , for your question you have to contact any other expert , right now i have no knowledge about your query sorry for that .
                            -----------------
                            Java Tutorial

Comment

1975 BMW 3.0 - $2000

My Feedback

Comment

Ad

Hi, I'm gonna go take a look at this one tomorrow.

Would this be a good deal? Trying to get in the E30 game and have been searching for a quite a bit. Was looking for a black on black 325i, but the body and interior here looked too clean to pass by!

everything seems like stock, not sure if maintained properly because he said he didn't keep any service records. He said everything ran fine except the ac wasn't working and the rpm won't work from time to time. He also noted that it needed a tune up soon.

Any advice on what I should look for in the car?

Comment

Working...
                                X