Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Casual 35k 320i in New Jersey:

BMW 320is E30 $35500

Would copy the text but my phone is pretty fucked.

Comment

Originally posted by BaltimoreBimmer View Post
      Casual 35k 320i in New Jersey:

BMW 320is E30 $35500

Would copy the text but my phone is pretty fucked.
      Text below:
      FOR SALE - PRICE REDUCED
      RARE E30! This 320is, 1 of 2,540 coupes ever built and 1 of 4 registered in the USA, has been meticulously maintained, is unmodified, and completely original. The 320is was only manufactured for the Italian and Portuguese markets as a replacement for the poorly selling 325i due to tax regulations. The car is fitted with the same motor as the E30 M3 only it was de-stroked to 2.0L from 2.3L. The smaller S14 engine performed so well that BWM used it to compete in the 2.0L Super Touring series.

Paint: Delphine Metallic
      Upholstery: Anthracite Cloth
      Motor: S14B20
      Trans: 5-Speed Dogleg
      Drive: 3.46:1 w/LSD
      Mileage: 130K

The car was optioned with Sports seats, electric windows, slick top sunroof delete, electric cooling fan, map lights, and rear headrests.

Recently the car was services with new tires, replacement OEM steering rack, replacement OEM exhaust, cooling fan serviced, complete A/C conversion R134A.

More photos: http://www.imgur.com/gallery/izk2p

Records: http://www.imgur.com/a/w8Xod

MRegistry Article: http://www.bmwmregistry.com/model_faq.php?id=10

Europhile Article: http://www.theeurophile.com/reviews/...ter-than-an-m3

Bimmer Magazine tested the 320is in 2009 and wrote," Like the E30 M3 sold in the US, the Italian 320is is highly strung. But unlike the M3, however, it hides its demeanor beneath an elegant and restrained exterior. Don't be fooled by appearances: driving the 320is is like an affair fueled by passion and adrenaline. I want it, and badly!"

When the German car magazine Auto Motor Und Sport tested the 320is against the M3 they wrote, "The bigger engine actually has less power in the lower rpm range. A fourth gear run from 40 to 100 kph took the M3 13.6 seconds but the 320is only took 12.8." They said the 2 liter engine revved more smoothly and finished the article by writing, "Less is indeed more."

Or as Auto Motor Und Sport wrote, "The 320is reacts to the slightest steering action more willing than the M3, appears to be handling better, but also demands more attention from its driver than the good-natured and understeering M3."

BMW World Magazine tested the 320is against an EVO2 M3 and came away saying, "It's the 320is I'd take home."
      1990 325is
      m52b28
      3.73lsd
      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

I'm loving this at $1,500 (as long as the 'bad cylinder' isn't something serious). Looks pretty rust-free. Seats are perfect, sunroof is huge.

1989 MERCEDES-BENZ 300TE WAGON ** - $1500 (WILMINGTON)

1989 MERCEDES-BENZ 300TE WAGON

INSTANT CLASSIC BECAUSE OF ITS AGE AND STYLE. ONCE UP TO SPEED IT DRIVES VERY WELL- TRACKS STRAIGHT, GOOD BRAKES, SMOOTH SHIFTS FROM AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION. DIAGNOSED WITH A BAD CYLINDER- COULD BE A PLUG WIRE/CAP/ROTOR ? CLEAN CARFAX WITH EXTENSIVE SERVICE HISTORY. WORKING POWER SUNROOF. PAINT IS OXIDIZED- COULD USE A GOOD WAX / BUFF. WORKING LIGHTS, SIGNALS. AC COULD USE A RE-CHARGE. OLDER TIRES WITH DECENT TREADWEAR LEFT.
        QUICK START UP AND WALK AROUND VIDEO:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WCJrB9JryE
        R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
        └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

six fitty? and it runs?

85 Audi GT coup - $650

Audi GT coup, very rare, runs well, 186k. I'm the 2nd owner. never in an accident. body in good shape. auto windows, pop up roof, 5-speed, everything original.

Comment

IDK, that bad cyc, isnt just a plug or plug wire, those are to cheap not to just try.

Comment

Originally posted by Aleman View Post
              six fitty? and it runs?

85 Audi GT coup - $650

Audi GT coup, very rare, runs well, 186k. I'm the 2nd owner. never in an accident. body in good shape. auto windows, pop up roof, 5-speed, everything original.
              My room mate had one of these when I was in college. It was a great car. I've always wanted a Quattro. I think those are in m3 price territory these days.

As to the Mercedes above, the first thing needed is a compression test. If the engine passes, the dead cylinder is probably something minor.
              sigpic
              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

craigslist find

Comment

Audi GT coup, very rare, runs well, 186k. I'm the 2nd owner. never in an accident. body in good shape. auto windows, pop up roof, 5-speed, everything original

Even the MB floormats?

I'd rock it.
                  ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Originally posted by Aleman View Post
                    I'm loving this at $1,500 (as long as the 'bad cylinder' isn't something serious). Looks pretty rust-free. Seats are perfect, sunroof is huge.

1989 MERCEDES-BENZ 300TE WAGON ** - $1500 (WILMINGTON)
                    I like these cars a lot. I'd swap over the diesel from my 300SD into this...
                    ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

How do you guys feel about this - seems like a pretty good deal. http://albany.craigslist.org/cto/5759081686.html

I'm looking for an e30 ix if you all find one but this came up during my local search.

Comment

Originally posted by wcipolli View Post
                        How do you guys feel about this - seems like a pretty good deal. http://albany.craigslist.org/cto/5759081686.html

I'm looking for an e30 ix if you all find one but this came up during my local search.
                        That looks pretty nice if you can get him down to $5k. Check for rust and any maintenance records. It's definitely worth a test drive at least.

Side note:
                        I had an E46 325ix manual, and it was not as fun to drive I thought it would be. It felt heavy & required some muscle to steer due to all the front drive components. I will admit, though, that it was a ton of fun in the snow. You guys get tons of the white stuff in upstate NY, so the trade-offs are likely to be worthwhile.

Comment

Op zoek naar een tweedehands BMW 325? Hier vind je de meest recente aanbiedingen op AutoScout24, de grootste online automarkt in Europa.

Insane car! Bauer 325 with Rieger widebody kit and 3 piece ac schnitzers, I kinda want this but with a normal color
                          Instagram : makeitsnap

1985 e28 520i

Comment

Originally posted by bostonvert View Post
                            http://nl.ww3.autoscout24.be/classif...677?asrc=fa|as

Insane car! Bauer 325 with Rieger widebody kit and 3 piece ac schnitzers, I kinda want this but with a normal color
                            That thing looks like it popped out of need for speed underground.
                            Want to hate it but dont for some reason just too wild looking.

Comment

LOL

Loud as shit e30 exhaust - $30 (Philadelphia)

Tired of your quiet e30 exhaust? Want something loud and obnoxious? Well I have the exhaust for you! This makes all kinds of cool popping noises when you down shift.

Bolts on to stock 325i exhaust with the rear hanger mounting to the bumper shock. Yours for the low price of $30! Obo

Comment

^^^^

LOL... I'm not sure how an i engine would sound and run with a straight exhaust, but I know my Eta SUCKED when I had it straight from the cat back last year. It lasted less than a day.
                                Estoguy
                                1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

Working...
                                X