Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aleman
    replied
    Can a stock E30 M3 really top out at 143mph? I have strong doubts about that. Anyway, here's a $100k+ M3 for your consideration. Delivery from Japan may be delayed!

1988 BMW M3 E30 - mint - very low miles (san mateo)

Click image for larger version

Name:	00C0C_amAHihFGetB_600x450.jpg
Views:	830
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	9912205

1988 BMW M3 E30
    Stock # : ECC-129
    VIN : WBSAK030XJ2197008
    Black Metallic / Black Leather
    26,500 mi original mileage

NOTES : photo shows correct model and color, but is not actual unit on offer
    ... More photos soon, car in transit from Japan, expect arrival April 2020.
    ... Priority purchase option available now ... call for details

Rare, very low mile example of the original M3 series. Highly regarded by BMW enthusiasts, these cars were typically driven and enjoyed, so low mileage originals are very uncommon.

This example is a US specification unit originally sold in the US then exported to Japan in 1992 by a collector. It has been well maintained and seen limited use since then. We found the car in Japan and are now expecting it to arrive stateside in early April. On arrival the car will be inspected, serviced and detailed as required, but our research and a local inspection suggests little will be necessary.

Stunning “Diamantschwarz” black metallic over black leather combination with excellent paint finish. All original body panels with VIN tags intact. Interior is in very good condition, leather showing minor creasing and wear consistent with the low mileage.

As BMW’s premium model in the day this E30 M3 is fitted with an electric sunroof, power windows, cruise control, AC and a trip computer. The center stack features a period JVC cassette head unit controlling a single disc CD player in the glovebox.

Visibility is excellent, the Recaro front seats supportive, the back seat is comfortable and the trunk of useful size and shape. Overall design and functionality of the body style is outstanding.

The driving experience is exemplary, truly earning the moniker of “Ultimate Driving Machine”. The M3 offers enthusiasts a connected feeling and sense of control typical only of the best motorcars, blending the excitement and precision of a real race car with the sophistication of the best road cars. Undiluted, uncompromised and real, this experience is rare and unlike anything else.

The car will be fitted with its original rims and brand new Continental 195/65/14 tires.

Offered at $104,995
    Price plus tax and DMV fees.

Priority purchase option available now.
    Please contact me for more questions, or to set up a viewing appointment ... Marco.

Engine: 2.3-liter fuel-injected four-cylinder
    Power: 192 HP @ 6,750 rpm / 170 LB-FT @ 4,600 rpm
    Transmission: 5-speed manual
    0-60 Time: 6.9 seconds
    Top Speed: 143 mph
    Drivetrain: Rear wheel drive
    Curb Weight: 2,850 pounds
    Seating: 4 people
    MPG: 17 mpg city/28 mpg highway

MODEL BACKGROUND

The E30 M3 was in production from 1986 thru 1991 and has acquired the well-deserved reputation of being one of the best BMWs ever built from an enthusiast’s perspective and truly a great driver’s car. Racing versions have proven highly successful in many different series and earned an outstanding record.

Developed by BMW’s Motorsport division the M3 featured significant upgrades from the standard 3 Series. The M3 featured a unique engine, suspension, brakes, upgraded interior and special body panels. The M3 was available as a coupe and convertible, but the majority were made as coupes.
    The special exterior panels included flared fenders and front and rear spoilers.

The engine featured a very robust block based on BMW’s Formula 1 engine and a DOHC cylinder head with a very high RPM limit. Close to a true racing engine in all details, the 2.3 liter M3 has proven very reliable, long lived and offers an exciting driving character. US cars were fitted with a Getrag 5-speed manual with an overdrive 5th gear. A limited slip differential was standard equipment.

Production of US editions was approximately 5,300 units, out of a global total of 17,970.

Leave a comment:

• Aleman
    replied
    Originally posted by Vincenze View Post
    Jalopnik readers are discussing if a 534,00-mile $6,500 crashed 325is is a bargain.

The ad for today’s Nice Price or Crack Pipe 325is claims the car to come with over $40k in maintenance receipts. It also notes an even more impressive half-million miles on the odo. Could those big numbers add up to a favorably low price?
    Eh, on the surface, it looks pretty OK, but the cracked dashboard and rebuilt title downgrade the price. Being from the Rust Belt, there's sure to be plenty more rust hiding out of sight from what you can already see in the pics. The red interior is very nice, but still, I gave it a confident CP vote.

Leave a comment:

• Aleman
    replied
    Originally posted by Vincenze View Post
    Jalopnik readers are discussing if a 534,00-mile $6,500 crashed 325is is a bargain.

The ad for today’s Nice Price or Crack Pipe 325is claims the car to come with over $40k in maintenance receipts. It also notes an even more impressive half-million miles on the odo. Could those big numbers add up to a favorably low price?

Eh, on the surface, it looks pretty OK, but the cracked dashboard and rebuilt title downgrade the price. Being from the Rust Belt, there's sure to be plenty more rust hiding out of sight from what you can already see in the pics. The red interior is very nice, but still, I gave it a confident CP vote.

Leave a comment:

• rob-redm
    replied
    Originally posted by flyboyx View Post

I mostly approve! seriously, the car looks good. much better. how long do you plan to keep it? how is the interior?
    Interior is really nice(silver grey -light).. only bummer is the original owners took the car to Arizona for a few years.. The headliner is now sagging front and back do to the heat.. Not a huge fan of the tint on the windows. Sourced a new factory alarm ( NOS) system off Ebay .. That was a score.. Factory 6 disc changer found used.. have a e34 M5 Touring rear sway bar that needs to be fitted.. Not sure how long I'm keeping it.. wish I had kept my 95 525it slick top.. jumped on this 94 since it was a slick top also.. If I sell it I'll put you on the list..

Leave a comment:

• Vincenze
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X