Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• varg
    replied
    Originally posted by Aleman View Post
    I agree, this version of E38 is pretty dull. I wonder what goes thru someone's mind when they purchase a car like this and then decide to preserve it rather than drive it. An E30 M3 or 850csi V12 6-speed? Yeah.
    If you're going to buy a car and never drive it, you may as well do it with something that is dull as dishwater like that 7 series, instead of something you'd have fun driving.

Leave a comment:

• Staszek
    replied
    I am going to take the opposite stance, I love convertibles. There is nothing that changes my mood more than a nice sunny day, put the top down, feel the wind and hear the exhaust. I just love it. That being said my E30 is a coupe for a reason as well.

Unless you are tracking all the time, its nice to have duality in a vert :)

Leave a comment:

• Aleman
    replied
    I agree with the comments here about convertibles. I had a '93 E30 vert (the only droptop I've owned), and I didn't like driving with the top down very much. It was always too hot or too cold out for me. The sun bakes you in slow traffic, and the wind freezes you on the freeway.

Anyhoo. How about a rust-free '91 ix manual for $6k? Interior is toast, but the rest looks good. Seller's description is lacking detail, but I'd go look at it if I were seriously on the hunt for a 2-door ix.

1991 BMW 325ix - $6000 (santa fe)

https://santafe.craigslist.org/cto/d...092103800.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	00c0c_71rg7iRMdkp_600x450.jpg
Views:	1146
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	9914944

BMW 325ix e30 rare model drives great good body, mechanically sound

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
    that is a nice car for the price. pretty decent coupes can still be found for sub 15k though. i'm guessing they are going to get a lot cheaper in the coming months.
    It's a buyers market for sure. Pretty sure the least expensive hard top E46 M3 I've seen was in the 5-7k range, and it probably needed a lot of money thrown at it.

Leave a comment:

• flyboyx
    replied
    that is a nice car for the price. pretty decent coupes can still be found for sub 15k though. i'm guessing they are going to get a lot cheaper in the coming months.

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    The only reason I can think of to buy an E46 M3 convertible these days is that it's generally a cheaper point of entry in to a factory S54 car.

Leave a comment:

• varg
    replied
    I hate on convertibles as much as anyone. They're heavier, slower, have a crappier chassis, usually look like crap compared to the coupe, are louder inside, but I gotta say if you're going to buy a convertible at leas an M convertible is going to be somewhat decent in performance and handling in addition to the dubious benefits like top down cruising.

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    Originally posted by flyboyx View Post

too bad its a cabriolet.
    ^this

Leave a comment:

• flyboyx
    replied
    2002 BMW M3 - $12,500 (Dallas)

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ct...087965703.html

I am selling my 2002 BMW M3 . Between 30k and 40k the engine was replaced by the dealer which means the current engine only has about 70k on it. The car is in great shape having been recently serviced. Brakes and tires have also been recently done. Clean title in hand.
    too bad its a cabriolet.

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied

SOLD for $132,409! Yowzah
    What in the actual fork!

Leave a comment:

• Aleman
    replied
    2002 BMW M3 - $12,500 (Dallas)

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ct...087965703.html

I am selling my 2002 BMW M3 . Between 30k and 40k the engine was replaced by the dealer which means the current engine only has about 70k on it. The car is in great shape having been recently serviced. Brakes and tires have also been recently done. Clean title in hand.

Leave a comment:

• Staszek
    replied

Thats just dumb

Leave a comment:

• lukeADE335i
    replied

It does have salvage history but not due to accident. No longer needs emissions..
    Probably want to quiz the owner of the vert on that one before buying. Sometimes if the car is damaged even in a minor way in transport when new they get written off and put onto a salvage title as they can't be sold as new, but could be anything.

Leave a comment:

• Aleman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Aleman
    replied
    I'm not much into girlie cars, but this looks like a fair deal.

Volkswagen cabriolet,1991,59k,yes 59k,5speed stick, runs good - $2500 (Folcroft /PA)

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/...095816487.html

Up for sale is a decent looking good
    running 1991 Volkswagen
    cabriolet rabbit 5speed stick shift with only 59k on it. Comes with all power window,locks,mechanically in good shape. Runs and drives fine, but cosmetically needs some TLC.no rust.under carrier pictures included.low miles car.great project.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X