Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82eye
    replied
    probably would have a higher valuation a couple yrs ago. looks ok for a driver but i wouldn't call it exceptional. auto is definitely gonna slow the interest.

Leave a comment:

• Aleman
    replied
    How much of a value hit is thing taking due to the auto trans? If it were a manual, it could be worth $4k more. Thoughts?

1990 BMW 325is E30 - $12,000 (Fairfax)

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/...735513159.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	00I0I_fYQhTxTtgzM_1320MM_600x450.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	10118292

1990 BMW E30 325is Alpine white on cardinal red interior .
    Car runs and drives very nice , this is list of a recent work on this vehicle : timing belt . all the control arm bushings and engine mount
    New injectors . spark plug and wire
    Paint is all original with vin tag on each panel
    Undercarriage is the most beautiful part of this car . I have all The service records , Books , spare tire . tools box is full as well i spended over $5k on this car to be like this
    It might need very small work here and there . no matter what Is a 25 years old car but nothing major . and is been sold as is
    Late model 325is are the nicest E30 s out there
    Clean dash is a plus on this cars
    If you take a look at carfax you see all the miles been report Every year ..... Not like other E30s with low miles with bad odometer with no miles report for years. !!!!!!!!
    Car is been sold as is for a age of it

Here is your chance to win a solid , very clean and nice E30
    This cars are keep going higher and harder to find , specially solid like this one
    I placed a low reserve to let this car go and finally start to work on my 635csi
    The M Tech 2 on picture is not for sale for now
    I would help with shipping after a founds are clear​

Leave a comment:

• Aleman
    replied
    Originally posted by 808ETA View Post

Love the can of Raid on the bumper LOL
    I missed that! LOL
    Maybe there's a wasp nest for the buyer to contend with too.

Leave a comment:

• 808ETA
    replied
    Originally posted by Aleman View Post
    Huh? Sellers are stupid.

Range Rover 4.6 Hse - $2,000

2000 Range Rover Clean no issues and Recently inspected. Clear title. You could drive this car daily. It has and ac freon leek also needs a brake booster for brakes part is included and the exhaust needs attention. Other than that everything works well. Tires are in good shape. Paint has peeled in certain areas. If post is Stull listed that truck is still available.

Name:	00c0c_garfvSePNth_0t20CI_600x450.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	10117033

Love the can of Raid on the bumper LOL

Leave a comment:

• Aleman
    replied
    Huh? Sellers are stupid.

Range Rover 4.6 Hse - $2,000

2000 Range Rover Clean no issues and Recently inspected. Clear title. You could drive this car daily. It has and ac freon leek also needs a brake booster for brakes part is included and the exhaust needs attention. Other than that everything works well. Tires are in good shape. Paint has peeled in certain areas. If post is Stull listed that truck is still available.

Name:	00c0c_garfvSePNth_0t20CI_600x450.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	10117033

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by Teatoe993 View Post

It is! Just trying to spread the word.
    Feel free to post the details (not the CL link) in the Cars For Sale - subforum

Leave a comment:

• Teatoe993
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    Teatoe993 Is that yours? Thats dang lovely
    It is! Just trying to spread the word.

Leave a comment:

• 82eye
    replied
    maybe good opportunity to pick up an e30 without the inflated BaT tax.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Teatoe993 Is that yours? Thats dang lovely

Leave a comment:

• Teatoe993
    replied
    1989 BMW 325i Zinnobierot/Tan Vinyl 225,000 miles Clean Title Clean Carfax Meticulously maintained since new by BMWCCA members. Excel spreadsheet file will be included documenting every service for...

Leave a comment:

• Aleman
    replied
    Sorry, I thought you said E30 for sale. I'd be happy to drive an E3 around town, too.

1969 BMW 2800 - $9,990

Name:	00u0u_hsOAFRiMY5K_0CI0pg_600x450.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	10115394

For Sale: 1969 BMW 2800 (E3)

Hello All, I am selling my 1969 BMW 2800 (Atlantik Blue) which is a wonderful early style E3 with some interesting history and documentation. I’m currently embarking on another large car project and the E3 doesn’t get driven as much as it deserves to. I’m hoping it will go to a home where its story will continue with a BMW enthusiast and her/his family can make some fun new memories.
    Let me know if you have any questions, I’ll do my best to help.

THE CAR:
    I’ve done quite a bit with this car, some smaller nice-to-haves and other larger ticket items. If you’re a serious buyer in the NYC metro area, feel free to arrange a time to come by to have a look, the car is in North Bergen County in Westwood, NJ. I’m also happy to work with you on any shipping arrangements you’d want to put together.

Information on what I know of the car’s history is also below. The NJ title is clean and in my name.

The following has been done since August 2022, and I’ve collected all invoices, receipts, etc to pass along to the new owner:

New Tires
    New Brake System, Stem to Stern (hard lines, rotors, calipers, pads, master cylinder, brake fluid reservoir/hoses, and a 2002s Only tii-modified brake booster modified for the E3
    New Exhaust:
    One new exhaust manifold (W&N)
    New mid pipe
    New rear exhaust (W&N)
    2x new Weber 38/38 DGES carburetors
    New 123ignition distributor (with bluetooth)
    New Alternator w/Voltage Regulator
    New Control Arms (W&N) with stock bushings
    New Tie Rods, Tie Rod Ends, and Middle Tie Rod Connector (**NOTE: CAR WILL NEED ALIGNMENT CHECKED, hasn't been completed yet after tie rod install
    Newly Rebuilt Blaupunkt Frankfurt Radio
    New Battery Installed Aug 2022
    New starter motor
    New Master Clutch Cylinder/hoses
    New Slave Clutch Cylinder/hose
    New Rear Differential Mount Bushing
    New Silicone Coolant hoses (Ireland Eng.)
    New Momo “Retro” Steering Wheel
    New wooden shift knob
    I changed the oil filter assembly to the “top bolt” style - much easier to work with!
    New Front Seat Belts (retractable)
    New Electric Carter Fuel Pump
    New Front Coco Mats, Black with Blue (to reflect the exterior color)
    New Hella Trumpet Horn Set
    New Gas Cap Seal, fuel lines from the fuel tank, etc
    New fuel sender gasket on fuel tank
    New Oil Pressure Sensor
    New Fuel Filter/Fuel Pressure Regulator Combo (Filter King made to look period correct)
    New Valve Cover Gasket
    New Spark Plugs, rotor, distributor cap

THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW:
    There are some small locations of rust which I tried to capture in the photos, although the frame and floors are solid
    The car was clearly repainted in original Atlantik at some point, but I didn’t find any documentation for that in the paperwork I received.
    There are a couple of minor dings, dents, and areas of faded paint and/or scratched clear coat (I also tried to photograph these).
    The driver's side armrest is broken near where the top of it meets the door. It's completely functional in terms of opening and closing the door, but bit detached
    The AC components are present, but the system isn’t operational.
    I cannot for the life of me get the trunk hood liner to stay up, I’ve tried adhesives etc. I’m sure there’s a trick for this, but it’s not been annoying enough to address (but close). Tiny binder clips are there now to keep it out of the way.
    Front driver’s side bottom seat covering would benefit from being recovered. However the fuzzy covers I have over it are unexpectedly comfortable, so I haven’t been too motivated to repair
    Rear passenger’s side door does not open. I think it’s the lock that is stuck. I don’t have a lot of rear-seat passengers, so I never got to this.
    There is a ring of JB weld at the connection between the exhaust midpipe and the muffler, not a concours solution, I know. It should probably be permanently welded at some point but there’s no functional issue.
    The original clock is present but non functional.
    There was a small power steering fluid leak, which seemed to be coming from the hose connection to the pump. I replaced the hose, but I think there is still a very small leak still present. I haven’t chased that down as of yet.
    Upon topping off the gas tank there was a small fuel leak noticed in the tank area under the car. I suspected this was the gasket at the fuel sending unit which was deformed. This was replaced, although I have not tested this by completely filling the tank again.
    This really is an awesome, super early E3 which has been owned by enthusiasts, with a ton a new work done to it. It’s clearly the coolest one for sale right now by far, in my unbiased opinion :).
    The VIN, 2420018, I believe indicates that it was the 18th 2800 built in 1969 for the US market, what was the first year here. So it was one of the first E3's to be sold in the US. I'm not saying that adds to the value, but I do think it's cool.

THE OWNERSHIP STORY: I am the third owner of the car. It was originally sold at Ocean City BMW in California to a BMW enthusiast who was very involved in the Southern California chapter of BMWCCA. I have the original sales paperwork, along with some other interesting documentation/communication between the original owner and BMW. This includes the owner’s manual, shop manuals, and a very cool little BMW flag which I think was displayed on the car at the dealer. The paperwork trail has the car returning to Germany for a few years while the owner’s son worked there in the US military. The car was then shipped back to CA, eventually to Idaho, then Washington state. The car was then stored for 20ish years in a garage. It was then sold to the first owner’s neighbor in Washington where it was planned to be a project between him and his father. Sadly, the second owner’s father passed away and they never were able to work on the car together. I then purchased it, had it trailered from Washington to my home in New Jersey where I have gotten it back to road-worthiness. One could argue (not that I am) that I am the second owner as the fellow I bought it from only stored it, but as goes the paperwork, I am the third. You could be the third/fourth :) !​

Leave a comment:

• strickland
    replied
    The Admiral’s Camaro would make a good band name.

Leave a comment:

• Aleman
    replied
    Worth maybe 10% of the asking...

Astronaut Admiral Alan Shephard's Z28 Camaro Convertible - $105,000 (Waller TX)

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/...717179035.html

Click image for larger version  Name:	01212_af2JPX170y_0gg0cc_600x450.jpg Views:	42 Size:	109.6 KB ID:	10114373

Our 1995 Z28 Camaro Convertible, original family survivor, belonged to NASA Astronaut Legend Admiral Alan Shepard, Mercury 7 astronaut, the first U.S. astronaut in space and Apollo 14 astronaut. During the Apollo 14 mission, Shepard made history walking on & hitting a golf ball the moon.

The Admiral was a true sports car fan owning ten Corvettes over his lifetime & all were from the famed *Rathman Chevrolet in Melbourne Florida which was the same dealership that offered Shepard and other astronauts new Corvettes. Enjoying retirement in California, he needed more room for his and his wife’s golf clubs so once again he contacted his friend & dealership owner, Jim Rathman. Mr. Rathman assisted in getting Shepard’s Z28 Convertible special ordered & delivered to Tipton Chevrolet in California for a more convenient pickup.

Our Astronaut Car is equipped as follows:

1995 Chevrolet Z28 Camaro Convertible, quasar blue exterior / beige custom leather interior / beige convertible top, 5.7 Aluminum Head LT1 275 HP V8, 4L60E auto trans, ps, pdb, tilt, tach, clock, a/c, pl, cruise control, power mirrors, 245x50x16 radials on 16x8 factory alloys, performance axel, fog lamps, keyless entry, remote trunk release, leather wrapped steering wheel, front bucket seats, folding rear seat, color keyed carpet mats, molded convertible cover with bag and more.

Normal maintenance and upgrades include: Panasonic AM/FM/CD stereo installed when factory unit died, new Falken 245x50x16 radials, new Interstate battery and mechanical servicing including new brakes.

The Admiral’s Car is well documented with its original window sticker, owner’s manual, sales documents, 68k miles, clean Carfax, clean TX title showing 1 family owner & family supplied photo of the Admiral, his wife and the car. It still wears its original issue California license plate with original owner added Pebble Beach License plate frame.

Fortunately, it has always been garaged and gently driven. It is as nice and original as the photos show inside, outside, and underneath including a small dent in the rear muffler and burn in the carpet from the Admiral’s occasional celebratory cigar. Overall paint is excellent w a few hardly noticeable spider cracks on the front and rear bumpers but they still have the same high gloss as rest of the car.

In 2022 we were fortunate to have been invited to be one of the lead vehicles at the NASA Houston employee only parade and car show.

Last year, May 2023, our Astronaut Car was on display at Keels & Wheels Concours d’Elegance collector boat and car show in Seabrook TX where it won The Mayor’s Choice Award.

It all started with NASA, but the new “Space Cowboys” are Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, Richard Branson, and Robert Bigelow. To celebrate today’s excitement for space exploration, our Astronaut Car has been on a promotional tour which includes being on display at various facilities, auto shows, magazines and online.

The Admiral’s Z28 Convertible is truly 1 of 1. It is the nicest survivor Astronaut Car, belonging to the first of the Mercury 7 astronauts, in existence and its documented ownership, make it one of the most collectable vehicle artifacts in early Aerospace history.

His 1968 Corvette sold for $308k at Barrett-Jackson in 2022.

The Admiral’s Camaro is offered for sale for $105k.
    Last edited by Aleman; 02-19-2024, 11:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Aleman
    replied
    Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
    ^
    Seems like a fake ad.

Originally posted by Staszek View Post

This has to be a scam.
    100%. No one with an E30 M3 is that clueless about current market values. It's worth 2X that even w/o a motor.

Leave a comment:

• Staszek
    replied
    Originally posted by Aleman View Post
    1991 BMW M3 - $20,000

https://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/c...707066031.html

Name:	00a0a_aUCq7BR32hA_0x20m1_600x450.jpg
Views:	665
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	10113016

It has an onboard computer, an AM/FM/cassette stereo, air conditioning, cruise control, and power windows, mirrors, and locks. The BBS basketweave wheels feature BMW center caps and are mounted with 225/45 Dunlop Direzza tires.
    The four-spoke leather-wrapped airbag steering wheel fronts VDO instrumentation including a 160-mph speedometer and an 8k-rpm tachometer as well as gauges for oil temperature, coolant temperature, and fuel level.​
    This has to be a scam.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X