Easiest job that took the most time
Collapse
X
-
Also, I realized I can't spray paint worth shit. My new "shadowline" looks like someone smeared feces all over my car. Fuck e30s right now.... actually, fuck me. I suck. -
Just installed pop out window on my 91'. I just got done after 3 hours. wtf? 3 hours!? Shoul've took like 45 mins. I don't even know if it was worth it........Leave a comment:
-
Get the lolli pops hot with a torch and freeze the cabs (can of air upsideown for ultimate coolness) they'll go right in. Immediately cool. Don't do this with poly cabs that don't have an outer metal shell.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2Leave a comment:
-
I'm done screwing with my CABs. I'm taking them to a shop, my hammer isn't big enough.
Unbolting the entire front subframe, control arms, tie rods, and sway bar took less than 20 minutes, while I can't seem to get my new CABs in the lollipops.Leave a comment:
-
hahhahaha
I did the same thing, last time i went by Levent (guten parts) it was bothering him so much he took the antenna out and did it the right way
Leave a comment:
-
Someone overtightened and stripped the top left male torx Tranny bolt to engine block(starter sside) tried hammering the correct size female torx socket on between bellhousing amd tunnel was straight up waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles. Almost pulled the tranny with the engine, but finay alittle agression and smaller hammer got her on enough to spin her out. (just yesterday )Leave a comment:
-
I once spent eight days to do my front struts because the combination of cheap KYB struts and stock springs makes reinstallation painful. I also had been drinking too much, the strut housings were seized shut with rust, and I took fours days off to ponder, think, and reflect on the job. It was a low point in my life. I had to have a girl, with a Japanese car, drive me to work that whole week. It was terrible.Leave a comment:
-
Drive shaft.....
So it started out as "hot damn I have some gnarly vibrations coming from my transmission tunnel". I take off the exhaust and heat shielding only to see my CBS on a 45* angle and no guibo; I thought " oh the CBS is on a crazy angle because the drive shaft is an inch short due to no guibo...". So I refresh the rear of the car while I have it apart, and a few weeks later when I go to put my drive shaft back in and I have a neat little surprise. Being new to the cars at the time I didn't realize that some of the automatic's had 4-hole output-flanges. 4+4=8 and not 6..... Sooo I say fuck it that manual swap that is sitting in my garage is going in, and a few months later (today) I go to install my "new-ish" drive shaft and..... It's for an automatic........ I swear they are out to get me.
It's been 8 months and I still have yet to install my drive shaft. I was really looking forward to driving my car today!Leave a comment:
-
This.. I get aggravated just thinking about it. I completed my m52 swap in a weekend and spent 3 days trying to get it to bleed, tried every trick in the book and still nothing. A friend Finnally came by with a tool called an "air lift" which attaches to the overflow bottle an draws a vacuum on the system till the hoses collapse, open the valve and the vacuum draws the coolant in, problem solved in less than 10 min.Leave a comment:
-
Except having 4 people with you and each getting 2 drinks at Sheetz (since they are free right now,) leaving, and realizing that you are the one who drove that night. How nothing spilled that night I still don't know.Leave a comment:
-
-
Catback exhaust on my 325i, 6 hours...
Bolts were rusted solid, couldn't fit a sawzall in, and had to dremel the bolts out. Didn't help that I didn't know what I was doing with a dremel and was using those little brown stone cutters, which broke constantly.Leave a comment:
-
Starter.. took me 2 weeks on and off.
Ive had it on and off about 10 times now. Easy peasy 20 minute job for me now. DOnt even have to pull intake or anythingLeave a comment:
-
shouldve seen me a couple years ago changing the guibo, csb and driveshaft on my ETA. it took me 2 hours just to line my exhaust up to bolt it to the engine. long story short. ive taken apart and installed everything a total of 5 times in a span of 2 weeks with a basic socket set and a pipe wrench. (before i was a mechanic) from entire exhaust to driveshaft. exhaust manifold bolts were rusted so had to remove entire exhaust.Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: