Easiest job that took the most time
Collapse
X
-
Mine was replacing the alternator. Got new alternator, grounds, and a new bracket because the teeth on the old one were ground. These are all identical parts to what I'm replacing mind you.
I ended up having to bend and adjust everything to make it work. The fan rubbed against the housing, had to space that. The bracket had to be bent outward because it wouldn't reach. The hole for the bolt for the ground had to be bored too. I had to mod everything to make it fit, everything. How does that work when the parts were the exact fucking same?Leave a comment:
-
My friend needed to replace his radiator hose on his Chrysler Sebring so I offered to help. I told him it would barely take five minutes, all you need to do is loosen two hose clamps and it pops right off. NOPE. The damn hose is buried under sheet metal in the front of the engine bay and you have to unbolt the fucking bumper to get to it. Then there's Chrysler's choice of hose clamp. They decided not to use the super easy screw clamps that we get in our E30s, instead they opt for the most useless pieces of shit clamps made, the kind that you have to squeeze the ends to open up.
Took an hour and a half.Leave a comment:
-
-
-
get some musclesI spent basically from 1-6pm trying to remove the fill bolt on my transmission. I took breaks and stuff, looked for tips everywhere, but it was soooo tight. That took so much longer than I expected. Even if I spent like an hour on that bolt it would have been fine, but this was insane.Leave a comment:
-
took me a week and a half of trying different tools to get my clutch fan off of my e34. some bastard had put some thread seal on it!Leave a comment:
-
I had the hex key on with my vice grips on it since having a breaker wouldn't let it fit in the tunnel.
Then I had my jack put underneath the vice grips to break her free.Leave a comment:
-
^Isn't the fill bolt a really big hex key? If I can remember correctly, I think I just stuck the key in there and whacked it with a BFH till it broke loose! Worked out pretty well!Leave a comment:
-
Mine was really on there too. I ended up spraying it with PB Blaster and jacking the car up higher to get a better angle for more leverage and it finally broke free.I spent basically from 1-6pm trying to remove the fill bolt on my transmission. I took breaks and stuff, looked for tips everywhere, but it was soooo tight. That took so much longer than I expected. Even if I spent like an hour on that bolt it would have been fine, but this was insane.Leave a comment:
-
I spent basically from 1-6pm trying to remove the fill bolt on my transmission. I took breaks and stuff, looked for tips everywhere, but it was soooo tight. That took so much longer than I expected. Even if I spent like an hour on that bolt it would have been fine, but this was insane.Leave a comment:
-
for the CABs, when i did the rubber on my old car i just used tons of lube. dawn dish detergent and silicone spray for the win. slipped right in...(wait for it....)Leave a comment:
-
mounting my borbet type t's on the front with 3mm spacers and no studs, fuckLeave a comment:

Leave a comment: