Easiest job that took the most time

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • tjmonsen5
    replied
    I have spent at least an hour trying to get the rear shock bolt to line up with the trailing arm. It usually goes right in, not sure why it gave me so much trouble the last time.

    Leave a comment:


  • Quadrajet
    replied
    When I bought my Alpine 318is the owner said the wipers don't work. So I happened to find a wiper motor at the wrecking yard. Got home and took off the wipers and popped the access cover and see the connector floating around. Hook it back up and the wipers magically work.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30Gus
    replied
    Been almost 6 years and I'm still trying to find my cup holder.

    Leave a comment:


  • XW70
    replied
    The dreaded bitch clip. My friends less than 2 day old m50 swap, shifter went loose, so we had a spare to put in. 2 hours on the jack in the driveway and we got the little fucker off.

    Leave a comment:


  • slaterd
    replied
    throw out bearing for a 97 mustang 5 speed. About a 2-3 hour job. Took me 3 DAYS!!!! I had all the wrong tools and was working on jackstands. But you learn how to work with what you got.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wschnitz
    replied
    Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
    I had one helluva time adjusting my seat once.
    I know the feeling, first it goes to far forward, then to far back, then the height shocks are shot so you slam to the floor and can't get back up without getting back out of the car, then the same thing with the lumbar support... I should just tell people who drive my car not to adjust the seat...

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    Finally getting my S52 swap to start in my bronze car a few years back.

    Long story short...............the next morning I realized we hadn't put the fuel pump fuse back in. Put it in, bitch fired right up.

    Leave a comment:


  • TobyB
    replied
    Sometimes the transmission slips right onto the engine.

    Other times you can spend an hour wiggling, twisting, swearing....

    t

    Leave a comment:


  • Jaxx_
    replied
    Replacing a tail light on my daily, I sat there for about half an hour just twisting the bulb. I even used some pliers thinking that it was seized. After I ranted to a friend who was into cars he asked me if I was pushing the bulb in before turning it. It was one of those days, but I'll never mess that up again.

    Also, I'm always amazed sometimes when working on random parts how sometimes you have to juggle and balance something while trying to get a nut on a bolt or something stupid like that. Shit takes like 30 minutes for me sometimes, but if I had another person it would take about 2 seconds.

    Leave a comment:


  • xxx-Lost-Soul-xxx
    replied
    Took off a Strut housing off a e28. Nothing would fit back right. Took me 3 hours on one side.

    Leave a comment:


  • ohthejosh
    replied
    One time my rear passenger window wasn't working, I kept pressing the buttons for a good 5 minutes. So I punched the door card, and bam it works.

    Leave a comment:


  • MightyMorphinTor
    replied
    First dif what the fuck

    Leave a comment:


  • Blackout
    replied
    Clutch installed backwards and realizing it a few blocks away from home while being on a test drive. (Not my story but someone who had the pleasure)

    Leave a comment:


  • AnimalE30
    replied
    Putting a new front subfram in without an engine in. I guess my front frame rails bowed outwards when I took the old one off. Took 3 hours to get the new one lined up and in. Had to jack up the weight of the car on the subfram with one side in and the dowel only semi linned up on the other. Then I took a hammer and whacked the subfram over enough for the dowel to pop in. It was sketchy to say the least lol.

    Another was trying to get my starter to work on my 24v swap. For the longest time it would only spin, but not engage the flywheel. After swapping 3 different starters in and out, I realized I didn't hook up one of the grounds when I laid my harness out in the engine bay. That was another 3 hours of my life spent wishing I didn't work on old cars lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • kwill22
    replied
    thread sealer on the fan cluth FTW. that is La hurt

    Leave a comment:

Working...