The Volvo thread. (Pic Heavy)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • freeride53
    replied
    Originally posted by iansane
    Funny enough, I helped him do the auto>m66 swap a few months ago and almost immediately he popped the headgasket. Had to limp it around for a good bit until he could afford all the parts for the fix. He never got into boost until a week or so ago after I did the gasket for him. The swap was actually VERY straight forward and easy. The firewall had a plug that I popped out for the master cylinder that bolted right in. The brake reservoir had a nipple that I clipped because the clutchMC and brakeMC share fluid. The auto shifter unbolted and the 6speed shifter bolted directly into place, same console and everything. We unplugged the auto PCM and TCM, plugged the stick PCM back in place. I had to weld up a trans mount for the driver side because that trans never came in that chassis, but it was ridiculously easy. Some flat stock for the bolts to the trans and the factory adjusting bolt with some tube stock to the cradle. We trimmed some of the radiator hose because the shifter cable ran against it. And the factory auto trans connector was de-pinned for reverse lights.

    The pain in the ass part was the clutch/flywheel because he retained the dual mass setup. Which was crazy expensive. Other than that, it all kind of went together.

    I don't have any full pictures of the car. It's pretty simple though. A black '98 with charcoal 18" Pegasus wheels and dual exhaust.

    it seems its a little bit more tricky to do on a p2 car :(

    http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/showth...0-xc-m66/page5

    http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/showth...g-Soon-V70XC-M

    Leave a comment:


  • freeride53
    replied
    Originally posted by Hugo Stiglitz
    I need those wheels on my V70 XC. It's going to be paid off in 2 months, and then I'm having some fun with it...
    Josh the VST wheels are pretty nice.
    A guy named Carson who used to be in the community in the PNW had em on a yellow t5r that he wrecked...think he might still have em'.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jand3rson
    replied
    Originally posted by bernzpeed






    I need those wheels on my V70 XC. It's going to be paid off in 2 months, and then I'm having some fun with it...

    Leave a comment:


  • iansane
    replied
    Originally posted by freeride53
    6-speed AWD Volvo sounds fun as HELL.
    @ iansane, any pics of that car? I assume that he grabbed an m66 tranny out of a p2 R car....I'd love to hear how that install went...looking at converting a p2 xc70 to a similar unit...but i've read various threads/been warned that it would warrant: a complete wiring harness swap, and various other PITA/expensive shit from the dealer.
    Funny enough, I helped him do the auto>m66 swap a few months ago and almost immediately he popped the headgasket. Had to limp it around for a good bit until he could afford all the parts for the fix. He never got into boost until a week or so ago after I did the gasket for him. The swap was actually VERY straight forward and easy. The firewall had a plug that I popped out for the master cylinder that bolted right in. The brake reservoir had a nipple that I clipped because the clutchMC and brakeMC share fluid. The auto shifter unbolted and the 6speed shifter bolted directly into place, same console and everything. We unplugged the auto PCM and TCM, plugged the stick PCM back in place. I had to weld up a trans mount for the driver side because that trans never came in that chassis, but it was ridiculously easy. Some flat stock for the bolts to the trans and the factory adjusting bolt with some tube stock to the cradle. We trimmed some of the radiator hose because the shifter cable ran against it. And the factory auto trans connector was de-pinned for reverse lights.

    The pain in the ass part was the clutch/flywheel because he retained the dual mass setup. Which was crazy expensive. Other than that, it all kind of went together.

    I don't have any full pictures of the car. It's pretty simple though. A black '98 with charcoal 18" Pegasus wheels and dual exhaust.

    Leave a comment:


  • freeride53
    replied
    6-speed AWD Volvo sounds fun as HELL.
    @ iansane, any pics of that car? I assume that he grabbed an m66 tranny out of a p2 R car....I'd love to hear how that install went...looking at converting a p2 xc70 to a similar unit...but i've read various threads/been warned that it would warrant: a complete wiring harness swap, and various other PITA/expensive shit from the dealer.

    Leave a comment:


  • future rs
    replied
    Got to ride in a 600+ rwhp volvo 240 the other day. Who knew an old 80's car could be so much fun ;-)

    Leave a comment:


  • iansane
    replied
    I just finished doing the headgasket on a buddy's '98 v70r awd 6speed. Fun cars. If I didn't have enough projects on my hands I'd probably pick up an older 850 or 245.

    A little bit of red wrinkle on the cam cover spiced up the enginebay a lot!

    Leave a comment:


  • freeride53
    replied
    Originally posted by notasaab

    My buddy's 84 242GT Intercooled.


    Other buddy's 96 850 T5 with an S70 front end swap, 19T M56H yada yada yada.
    Hey i know of both of those guys... the guy with the Autumn gold s70 conversion used to have a 245se similar to mine, i remember we were building them up at the same time, but he sold his.

    the guy above also has a magic blue s60r, right?

    Leave a comment:


  • 10Toes
    replied
    Driving my friends S60R

    Leave a comment:


  • notasaab
    replied

    My buddy's 84 242GT Intercooled.


    Other buddy's 96 850 T5 with an S70 front end swap, 19T M56H yada yada yada.

    Leave a comment:


  • ClausE30
    replied
    New addition..

    Leave a comment:


  • Mlarsen
    replied
    This the Volvo that's being built at my shop by my co-owner


    Build thread:

    Leave a comment:


  • BrooklynMW
    replied
    Sorry that picture is so damn big.

    Leave a comment:


  • BrooklynMW
    replied
    Having recently been to the auto show, I have to say the nicest NEW car out today is the s60. If I had to (or had the ability to) buy a new car, it would be the S60 T6. Beautiful car, extremely comfortable interior. In my opinion, nicer than any of the new BMW's.

    Leave a comment:


  • ncbrock
    replied
    that looks clean. I want a 245 with a turbo swap and would consider selling my e30 for one. wagons get all the ladies

    Leave a comment:

Working...