• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to see this all getting resolved.

Nando... +1 for Credit Unions!

"BMW Style 32 Poster-Child"
    HTTP://WWW.CLAVINZERO.COM/e30-5-lug
    **(My Guide to E36 M3/Z3 1.9L 5-lug Swap)

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      maybe, but have you ever tried to withdraw that in cash? Im sure that would raise a few brows... if they even have that much cash on hand to give you
      +1 I went and got like 3k out one time and had to jump through hoops to get apporved to withdraw that amount. bank even called the person that wrote the check to me for 3k when i cashed it.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        maybe, but have you ever tried to withdraw that in cash? Im sure that would raise a few brows... if they even have that much cash on hand to give you
        $10k cash? no, but I got $7k before. I'm sure they have more than $10k in the vault.

I also wrote myself a check for $3500 and tried to deposit it into a bank once. I had to wait 7 days and they could easily have verified that the funds were legit. It doesn't take a week to move 1's and 0's from one account to the next, what they are doing is holding the funds and collecting interest on them while screwing the customers over.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
          +1 I went and got like 3k out one time and had to jump through hoops to get apporved to withdraw that amount. bank even called the person that wrote the check to me for 3k when i cashed it.
          CU's, especially smaller ones, have a limit on how much cash a teller can have in the drawer at a time. The limit is basically dictated by their insurance coverage, so that's why they might make you give them a little advance notice if you need significant cash.

The over 10k cash thing is federal law though, no way around that one.
          Instagram
          sigpic
          Current: 99 M3
          Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

Originally posted by BobombETA View Post
            CU's, especially smaller ones, have a limit on how much cash a teller can have in the drawer at a time. The limit is basically dictated by their insurance coverage, so that's why they might make you give them a little advance notice if you need significant cash.

Ah i see.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

I bought a car on the weekend once and ran from ATM to ATM to get out the 2k+ I needed. I prefer credit unions though. One time I was going to be overdrawn, and they held the check until I cam with funds to cover it. TD bank used to "reorganize" my deposits and WDs so I would get hit with overdraft fees. I actually watched them do it online to my account the 2nd time. Went right in and closed all my accounts that day.

Comment

The banks got in trouble for that (well, a slap on the wrist). BoA did that to me back in the day too. They would be able to basically charge you overdraft fees on overdraft fees. A couple times it happened when I had lots of cash in my savings account - while the CU will just transfer it from savings if there's not enough in checking.
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Yea got hit with that bull shit once. Got overdrafted by a couple bucks and they charged me over 60 in overdraft fees I was pissed

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Yep guys, still waiting for the funds to be available.

As I'm sure will come as no surprise to some, I have had issues with my bank account in the past, and I'm sure they're just taking their time. That, and Bank of America is... just awful.

Comment

If I screwed up, Ill accept the draft fees, but they would take back a deposit, then cash a check, then hit me with fees then deposit my check.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                        $10k cash? no, but I got $7k before. I'm sure they have more than $10k in the vault.

I also wrote myself a check for $3500 and tried to deposit it into a bank once. I had to wait 7 days and they could easily have verified that the funds were legit. It doesn't take a week to move 1's and 0's from one account to the next, what they are doing is holding the funds and collecting interest on them while screwing the customers over.
                        Bingo. Like the government does with income tax all year.

Originally posted by BobombETA View Post

This is absolutely false. That is your money, you have the right to remove it all as cash if you'd like. The bank is however required to notify the IRS for withdraws totaling $10,000 in a day.

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                          Bingo. Like the government does with income tax all year.

This is absolutely false. That is your money, you have the right to remove it all as cash if you'd like. The bank is however required to notify the IRS for withdraws totaling $10,000 in a day.
                          I was referring to the hoops that need to be jumped through... ie: CTR filing.
                          Instagram
                          sigpic
                          Current: 99 M3
                          Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

The Bank has to have 10% of its deposits available in cash reserves, but the fact is they keep a minimal amount because of the risk of being robbed. Theres a lot more to what goes on, but I cant really disclose that.

*Ive worked in banking for over 10 years*
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Cashier's check clear faster than regular checks because bank certified it. The last thing we want op to post is something wrong with the cashier's check and he became a victim of check fraud, then create a new Fund me post. I don't see why he took 4 days just to deposit the check. Funny how this became a banking topic.
                              sigpic
                              327is
                              325es
                              325es
                              318is
                              Fiesta ST
                              E46 M3

Comment

Originally posted by dsphil View Post
                                Cashier's check clear faster than regular checks because bank certified it. The last thing we want op to post is something wrong with the cashier's check and he became a victim of check fraud, then create a new Fund me post.
                                I would be lying if I said this didn't cross my mind a few times.
                                Originally posted by Sonny
                                I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Working...
                                X