5-lug wheel hubs fro e30's....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5-lug wheel hubs fro e30's....

I know this will likely get bumped to another forum or deleted all together, but I wanted to get everyone's attention.....

I need to know what you guys think would be a fair market value for 5 lug hubs made specifically to fit the e30.
    Stock replacement fronts sell for: $140 each
    Stock Rear Hub (no bearing): $130 each
    I can likely sell the set of 4 for $400 shipped which is significantly less than the stock replacements.

Also, which brakes would you prefer to run? e30 M3? e36? Some other 5 lug?
    What do you see as the ultimate center bore size?
    And what offset wheel would you prefer this ideally be set up for?

Thanks!
    J. Farina

Yeah, thats me kicking up all that dirt!

WHOA. You're making a 5 lug hub for the E30? Like so that we don't have to spend $$$ on converting all the suspension shit?
    REMEMBER: Be safe and have fun is Rule Number 1.

The Epic Unbuild of Clint Eastwood

Comment

Yes. Thats the idea. There is obviously an expense involved beyond this as you still have to replace the rear bearings, maybe pay for labor, replace rotors and possibly calipers etc. The good part is that you don't have to swap trailing arms or front suspension pieces and when you're done, all 4 bearings will be new.
      J. Farina

Comment

There's been some work toward this, mainly by european machinists. They typically end up machining a hub adapter to fit the e36 hubs onto e30 spindles, for the front. Not sure about the rear.

$400 is a stellar price if these are direct-fit hubs. Like. I would buy a set and I don't even have a nice e30 right now.

I think e30M3 fitment is best, 57.1 centerbore, low offset. No idea on the brakes..
        cars beep boop

Comment

I'm sure you are aware that the rear hubs are splined? Are you thinking e30 wheel bearings and a place for e30 ABS rings?
          Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
          The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

I'll take a set at that price.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
              I'm sure you are aware that the rear hubs are splined? Are you thinking e30 wheel bearings and a place for e30 ABS rings?
              It would be an exact duplicate of the e30 hub with the exception of the 5-lug flange. At this price you would supply your own rear wheel bearing though I could always include those in a higher priced kit.
              J. Farina

Comment

As already stated, I suggest keeping the narrow center bore to accommodate a greater selection of wheels. Running hub centric rings is much easier than boring out a center bore.

Comment

sub'd for progress
                  Click here to leave me feedback on our transactions. :p

Comment

I will say stock e30 offset and centerbore. For maximum cost effectiveness it would be sweet if the new 5 lug hubs would fit inside the stock e30 rotor bells so you could just redrill the stock rotors and upgrade later if desired. I would buy a set like that or with e30 offset and a bolt on oem brake conversion.
                    Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by poopin04 View Post
                      sub'd for progress
                      ^^^ I've heard that before but honestly don't know what it means??

EDIT: oh, wait. I get it. Subscribed to post to watch progress, Im guessing?
                      J. Farina

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                        I will say stock e30 offset and centerbore. For maximum cost effectiveness it would be sweet if the new 5 lug hubs would fit inside the stock e30 rotor bells so you could just redrill the stock rotors and upgrade later if desired. I would buy a set like that or with e30 offset and a bolt on oem brake conversion.
                        The point of this whole thing is to not have any hokey shiz on your car. I would never re-drill a rotor, but thats just me. And I believe most wheels are going to have higher offset, so I imagine we would want to push it out at least 10mm. But thats why Im asking.
                        J. Farina

Comment

Subbed. I may not have to sell my Style 5s after all
                          1990 E30 325i sedan - Gletscherblau (280) over Indigo cloth (0271)

Comment

Originally posted by JiXer View Post
                            The point of this whole thing is to not have any hokey shiz on your car. I would never re-drill a rotor, but thats just me. And I believe most wheels are going to have higher offset, so I imagine we would want to push it out at least 10mm. But thats why Im asking.
                            You can always use a spacer for higher offset wheels but you cant make it work the other way round. 16" style 5's fit very well with stock e30 offset hubs, that is what i would run.

What are you thinking for non hokey shiz brakes?
                            Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Why would you not want a 72.56 hub bore? What wheels do you get access to with less than that? It seems utterly stupid to force everybody to get hubcentric rings to accommodate unlikely wheels.

As for brakes, I strongly suggest anything but E30 M3. Given that some, if not all of the parts are NLA and highly prized, it seems nuts to build a kit for that. Is there a good E39 fitment to keep the stockish offset?
                              2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
                              2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
                              1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
                              1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
                              - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
                              1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
                              1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
                              Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

Working...