• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

17yo + M3 + mods = bad

576 feet of skids on dry road!

welcome to why i drive a slow car.

Pasha is my lover.
    Last edited by rwh11385; 10-07-2005, 11:03 AM.

shut the fuck up heeter
    sigpic

Comment

yep. i'm an asshole. i just don't get the reason kiddies are obsessed with building super fast street cars they can't handle. this is just a case in point.

forums are for discussions. this is a thread about this topic. don't read it if you don't like it

Comment

Oh f-ing that's like 120mph on city roads. Darwins theroy is not working out for us. Reminds me of the Scooby thread that was over a million hits. The one that went thru the garage. "My Turbo jsut spun up all on it's own"

Use this http://www.harristechnical.com/skid33.htm

Comment

That's refuckindiculous... No matter how well off I am when I have children there is no way in hell I would let them drive something like that much less buy one for them.

No different that giving a child an AK-47 who has only had experience shooting a paintball gun. He's very lucky he is alive. This is hopefully a wake up call for his parents.

Comment

Originally posted by Ritalin Kid
            No different that giving a child an AK-47 who has only had experience shooting a paintball gun.
            There must be some strong "gun right" people here because whenever I post stuff like this I get in trouble and/or banned.

but it is putting a dangerous weapon in the hands of an inexperiened driver a powerful car

Comment

but it's got an airbag? K-car for my kids when they drive.

Does anyone have the link to the Scooby episode?

Comment

Originally posted by Ritalin Kid
                That's refuckindiculous... No matter how well off I am when I have children there is no way in hell I would let them drive something like that much less buy one for them.

No different that giving a child an AK-47 who has only had experience shooting a paintball gun. He's very lucky he is alive. This is hopefully a wake up call for his parents.
                It's all about responsibility and maturity. I'm 17, i'll be 18 in a month, and i've owned my e30 for about 2 years, with no tickets or accidents. I know a lot of kids that have been in accidents like that and some that didnt make it and I guess that just made me realize that driving fast just to show off or be "cool" isn't worth it.

Comment

Holy shit.

While i do, and many others do too, speed in 35's and occasionally push things to far on public streets, that is just a show of pure stupidity, 80-100 mph is the speed he was traveling, in a 35... He lost control of his car and was unable to recover it, i highly doubt there was a motorcylce present at the time the accident took place.
                  94 325is

Comment

Originally posted by rynolax1
                    It's all about responsibility and maturity. .....I guess that just made me realize that driving fast just to show off or be "cool" isn't worth it.
                    And extension of this has made me question what's even the purpose of a fast car?

Yet everyone around town evaulates each other by the 1/4 of each others car, with people who get respect in the 12s or better. Seems silly.

I'd rather have a slow car that can handle and I can do legal motorsport events with, than one that is simply easily to break speed limits with. Of course, I drive an E30, so that says a lot about what I look for in a car.

Comment

25k in mods my ass. It's got old TSW wheels on it. Same as the ones I had on my E30 6 years ago.
                      -Brandon
                      '86 325es S50
                      '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
                      '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
                      '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:
                      S50 TMS chip for Schricks

Comment

Originally posted by Beej '86 325es
                        25k in mods my ass. It's got old TSW wheels on it. Same as the ones I had on my E30 6 years ago.

That's the $ value to fix it.

Comment

hey the motor looks ok, that's all that matters ;)
                          Chris
                          90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

I think the maturity factor has more to do with how much you appreciate what you have. When everything is given to you or you are constantly rewarded for doing nothing you tend to grow up never appreciating what you have because you have done nothing to earn it.

No matter what you're financial situation is you should always teach your children the fundamentals of working, saving, and paying for things on their own. Else they will be 25 years old, out of college, still looking for a hand out.

Comment

Pssh, you're a wannabe slow car driver.
                              The BMW 318 is back. With a vengeance.

Comment

Working...
                              X