4x4 rabbit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4x4 rabbit

I registered on Vw Vortex to try and get some guidance on this build I wanna start. those guys didnt have much info. Im basically looking for someone that has mounted an Mk1 rabbit body onto a jeep yj/Cj frame.

this sounds like a hillbilly thing to do. I usally hate seeing this type of thing, such as a chevy camaro mounted on a blazer frame etc.. but something like a beefy VW seems to be a bit cooler to me. I live on long island, by the ocean obviously, and think this would be a perfect custom rig for cruisin down on the beach (we have beach driving areas and spend the weekends cooking out, surfing, etc..)

Ive found a few pics online of completed setups, and theres even a youtube vid called bad habit rabbit, a dude plopped a rabbit body on a jeep frame with a SBC in it, pretty sick. I commented on his vid to try and get him to send me some build pics.
    Im not worried about the fab work involved in making the trans tunnel work and body mounts fit, but im wondering how people have set up the steering linkage, brake master/clutch etc... I dont know if a jeep radiator will fit under a rabbit hood either,

flame me all you want. i think this will be sick

trying to make a fake country huh?

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Lifted Fake VW "Golf Country" at neighborhon Audi in Oakland, CA by sina.pour, on Flickr

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
      1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

this.

the countrys are cool. but i want an mk1 beach buggy. not as tall as the one in the link but just on 31" tires maybe.. just a stock jeep chassis with a 4cyl would work fine. I just want a cool rig to turn heads and have fun on the beach with

Comment

Why not pick up a nice VW Baja and make it very nice? That would be a lot cooler and more admired than a home made monster truck.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

yeah that would be very cool... and probably drive ok on our soft sandy ocean beaches... but really if you wanna cruise the beach and be able to not get stuck, you need 4wd

Comment

I approve! this would be cool if done right. But I think a slammed MK1 and wide RS' is better...
              Attached Files
              Last edited by F34R; 02-23-2012, 11:59 PM.
              ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
              ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
              ~ '87 535
              ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
              ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

I think a slammed rabbit would probably get stuck on the sand....

Comment

Not if it had paddle tires and ski's on the front! Oh yea.

All jokes aside, sounds like an awesome project. Doooo ittttt
                  No E30 Club
                  Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                  Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

hey, im doing it to a e30 so what the hell lol
                    sigpic

Comment

You people are all crazy.

Comment

you should probably just buy an IX.
                        AWD > RWD

Comment

The kind of people that do projects like this are very good at fabricating. You don't sound like you have the required skillset to do a project like this.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeb23ft View Post
                            You people are all crazy.
                            hey mike, do you drive a volvo 240 turbo?

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                            1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

Sounds fuckin' dumb. Leave the Rabbit alone and make a FS thread on Vortex.

Comment

Working...
                              X