Bit of showing off... Renewed Finishes Porn

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • txtorquemade
    replied
    I'd love a M54 valve and top cover done in a white/black lettering theme.

    Leave a comment:


  • deeeGLI
    replied
    Thanks Brandon and Igor....
    More pics...






    Leave a comment:


  • CorvallisBMW
    replied
    ^^NEEDS TIRE SHINE SOOOOO BAD

    Finish looks awesome though, and those valve covers are the ultimate in engine bay eye candy!

    Leave a comment:


  • catuned
    replied
    OK just for fun..

    We took a E28 M5 stuck staggered set of RS wheels with over sized tires on it.
    Wheels were refinished by Dave! Later on we will put the right tires on it and will go on another car.







    Leave a comment:


  • F34R
    replied
    Dave is the man, love you bro =)

    Black jack stain lips with Bronze Metallic faces finished with raw tumbled hardwear and Neo-chrome extended nuts w/90mm bullet nose racing studs from Motorsport Hardwear.
    Last edited by F34R; 07-27-2012, 10:39 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • deeeGLI
    replied
    Originally posted by E30 Wagen
    I thought I remember reading that BBS recommends against powdercoating because of the high temperatures required. Is this fact or fiction? I really want to get my RZ378's looking new again.

    btw, I sent you an email with more questions, dave.
    I got your email and I will reply to it shortly...I will explain your question about powder coating,temps and BBS's in the email...too much typing. If it is a continuous question I will post the info here but I don't wanna clog it up with my endless information....lol

    Leave a comment:


  • E30 Wagen
    replied
    I thought I remember reading that BBS recommends against powdercoating because of the high temperatures required. Is this fact or fiction? I really want to get my RZ378's looking new again.

    btw, I sent you an email with more questions, dave.

    Leave a comment:


  • catuned
    replied
    Your so welcome!

    Leave a comment:


  • deeeGLI
    replied
    Thanks for all the pics CAtuned. :D

    Leave a comment:


  • deeeGLI
    replied
    Originally posted by LJ851
    Check your lug nuts often if you plan to drive on those wheels, putting something compressible (powdercoat) on the wheel mounting surface is not a good idea!
    Not here to sword fight but appreciate you chiming in....
    All the wheels on all of my cars are coated on the mating surface and have had ZERO issues for about 4yrs on multiple sets of wheels as thousands upon thousands of miles of HARD driving..couple customer cars regularly see track time with no issues as well. Only time I don't do it is on REAL racecars and when the customer requests it.
    If this was a known issue I wouldn't do it and all the manufacturers out there wouldn't coat in the lug bolt holes or on the back sides either.
    This goes along the same lines as people stating forged wheels shouldn't be powder coated either...:D

    But I kindly ask if you would like to continue this conversation you can contact by PM's,emails,or you can call me as well.. I like this thread to stay as it was intended...all about pretty colors...

    Thanks Dave

    Leave a comment:


  • catuned
    replied
    Originally posted by LJ851
    Check your lug nuts often if you plan to drive on those wheels, putting something compressible (powdercoat) on the wheel mounting surface is not a good idea!
    Have not had an issue with my Style 5s with the same powder coating on the back. But I always do the first 2-3hundred miles.

    Leave a comment:


  • catuned
    replied
    Originally posted by Axxe
    Any pics of the copper wheels on a car?
    Not rely.. We did try them on for fun.

    Leave a comment:


  • LJ851
    replied
    Originally posted by catuned

    Check your lug nuts often if you plan to drive on those wheels, putting something compressible (powdercoat) on the wheel mounting surface is not a good idea!

    Leave a comment:


  • Axxe
    replied
    Any pics of the copper wheels on a car?

    Leave a comment:


  • catuned
    replied
    Were planning a build and they have been fitted and look great!

    Leave a comment:

Working...