Sedan vs. Coupé

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sedan vs. Coupé

I just wanted to sound like Jeremy Clarkson with the accent over the e. So let's hear what you think. Looks, handling feel, weight, personal preference, etc.

-'87 325 - ratbox swap http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...77#post3250277 << Check out my Wanted thread

I'm part of the 4 door haters club. They are for old people and people with a family. For the life of me i have no idea why kids think they are even cool.... Also i consider most 4 doors parts cars. I'm not talking about the 5 series, seeing its only made in 4 doors. But other cars that came in two doors. I know when i was growing up, it was taboo to have a 4 door and usually you got made fun of. But it seems that the under 25 crowd could care less about the door count. /rant.

1992 BMW 325iC
    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

it goes both ways for me, it weighs about the same and still looks cool. i own 2 e30
      s....both 2 door lol

Comment

BMW is built on the premise that an everyday car capable of carrying 2 or more in comfort can be useful AND entertaining. That applies to roadsters, coupes, AND saloons (to continue the Clarkson theme). Beyond that it comes down to looks and there its all individual.
        Sterling Silver 1990 325i BMWCCA #24133

Comment

every time i pick up my shirts from the dry cleaners, i always wish i had a sedan.
          Toyota Pickup

Comment

I've got a sedan and a coupe. I love `em both equally! The sedan is going to be the track car, and the Coupe the DD. But I have kids, and I will seriously miss the practicality the Sedan had... Plus, when the E30 Sedans are done RIGHT, I think they looke great!
            Originally posted by LJ851
            kingston is the play by play announcer for this thread.
            ‘Tis by the grace of God that my cars run!

Originally posted by unloadedak
            #teamross
            Siobhan's Build Thread - UPDATED!

Comment

I find the coupe more visually pleasing, but appreciate the practicality of a 4 door.

Comment

Sedan:
                Better if you have friends or multiple people.

Better if you have cargo of sorts.

Better to hook out of, like slamming did a few years back.

Still get the same performance as a coupe, but it's more convenient for real life.

Coupe:
                Better looking than sedan

Makes you have the illusion of race car.

Will have ricers try to race you more often.

Ok basically who gives a fuck if you've got two or four doors when your behind the wheel, going down the road? An e30 still feels like an e30 with either number of doors.
                sigpic

Comment

I've had both. Sedan is more practical for a DD. Sure, people might not like it because it's 2 door, but I am starting to see more 2 doors around and less 4 door E30's.

Would you hate on an E46 because it was 4 door? I sure as shit wouldn't.

as they say, "4 doors for more whores".
                  1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
                  2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
                  2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

Originally posted by dannyyisntt View Post
                    Sedan:
                    Better if you have friends or multiple people.

Better if you have cargo of sorts.

Better to hook out of, like slamming did a few years back.

Still get the same performance as a coupe, but it's more convenient for real life.

Coupe:
                    Better looking than sedan

Makes you have the illusion of race car.

Will have ricers try to race you more often.

Ok basically who gives a fuck if you've got two or four doors when your behind the wheel, going down the road? An e30 still feels like an e30 with either number of doors.
                    agreed with all statements except the coupe looking better than sedan part
                    courtesy of

Comment

Originally posted by BoxDriver86 View Post
                      I find the coupe more visually pleasing, but appreciate the practicality of a 4 door.
                      i think danny nailed it too.
                      AWD > RWD

Comment

also, an argument can be made that 4 doors offer better torsional rigidity due to the presence of the B pillars

Comment

Coupe: Fun & Looks
                          Sedan: Practicality

Just dont get an auto sedan...

Comment

Originally posted by xphiledan View Post
                            also, an argument can be made that 4 doors offer better torsional rigidity due to the presence of the B pillars
                            what?

first off, two door e30s are still sedans because they have C pillars. second, if they have C pillars, they obviously have B pillars.

and thirdly, the argument you want to make is that 4 doors might have better torsional rigidity due to the drivers door being a much smaller gap in the frame.
                            AWD > RWD

Comment

I like my 4 door. Same weight as a coupe, same performance as a coupe, looks as good as a coupe, can go get coffee with my dog in the mornings.

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                              what?

first off, two door e30s are still sedans because they have C pillars. second, if they have C pillars, they obviously have B pillars.

and thirdly, the argument you want to make is that 4 doors might have better torsional rigidity due to the drivers door being a much smaller gap in the frame.
                              They are still sedans because they have a back seat and are over a certain cubic feet. Literally every car ever that isn't a convertible has a C pillar, so... what? No, Kershaw. No.
                              -Alex

Comment

Working...
                              X