No announcement yet.

Bedliner engine bay? Yay or nay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't answer your question, but I'm interested in this discussion. I'm not going to trailer my car to a painter to paint my bay. I don't have the skills to paint my bay with regular car paint and make it look professional. So I'm pretty much left with paints that are applied by the end user that are self-leveling and don't show mistakes well. That's the real beauty of bedliner because it doesn't show mistakes as much.

Maybe some industrial tractor or boat paint. They seem thicker and something you can brush on and it will look decent. POR-15 silver sounds like a good option too. Sub'd.

Comment

It's crazy how I have been debating this with myself for a while now and a thread pops up on it. Gotta love when that happens

Comment

good luck getting all the grounds to have good contact after this...
        Originally posted by flyboyx
        i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy View Post
          . I'm not a paint guy. I shouldn't even be painting shit. I leave that to the pros at young's.

boom
          Originally posted by flyboyx
          i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns View Post
            good luck getting all the grounds to have good contact after this...
            Tape off grounds? sand them down after?
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
            1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
            1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
            1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

it looks like you're shaving your engine bay, yes? If so, I'd go for the white. It's going to POP and make your engine look sweet!
              an extremely pugnacious, snarly little bastard of a car.

Comment

Originally posted by sinep View Post
                it looks like you're shaving your engine bay, yes? If so, I'd go for the white. It's going to POP and make your engine look sweet!
                Not a complete crazy shave. I just took off the sealant and brackets.
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
                1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

are you tucking the wires and everything? I still say white. White is right!
                  an extremely pugnacious, snarly little bastard of a car.

Comment

Originally posted by sinep View Post
                    are you tucking the wires and everything? I still say white. White is right!
                    No I am leaving them out I think.
                    white woud look clean

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

And your engine is sexy. Great job. I'd say AWII it, all the work you did making that engine look so good to cheap out on the bay?

Comment

Bed liner. Then body color.

Sorry if someone said this already.
                        '02 Outback wagon
                        '87 325is 5sp
                        '93 Kawasaki ZR1100

Comment

Glanced at the bedliner at Oreilly. I was tempted

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

Working...
                          X