F-n-a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F-n-a

SO tonight I was working an event as an "onsite represenative" at a local church. I parked my car in the compact parking spots toward the front. Well some lady in her dodge ram 1500 conversion van decides she wants to park next to me... in a compact spot!

Boom\

Hits my diving boards, dents my driver fender and scratches it all up.

The damage didn't look too aweful till i went to drive away. To go straight my steering wheel is turned 90 degrees. When ever I start turning the wheel begins to turn faster on its own. Also it doesnt return to center after a turn. But the kicker is the tire chirps/rubs/squeals in a straight line. I can hear it driving... I think my tire is cambered in

Fuckin A

The ladies husband kept saying "i'll write you a check, just get men an estimate" Fuck that. I hope your insurance bones you.

For all the "Pics or it didn't happen" folks, I'll get some tomorrow. It was 1030pm so lighting wasn't optimal for pics

Now has anyone ever had an insurance claim on an e30? How quick are they to write these off?

1987 BMW 325ic - Emma

windshield to 85268?
    but seriously sorry to hear about that.
    Originally posted by Wh33lhop
    This is r3v. Check your vaginal sand at the door.

Comment

when my car got hit it took insurance like 3 months to get me a check. I even bugged them everyday and it still took that long....

7speedshop.com

Comment

Sounds like suspension damage. This is going to be a headache but I bet you get to keep your car.

They did have insurance right?

Comment

Shitty day for E30s I guess, since I got in a lil fender bender today too, sucks dude. Anyway, my E30 was totaled once before when the PO had it. Needed a new rear bumper and some body work - the rear pass. corner was pushed in a bit, no frame damage. And that was in about 2005. From the sounds of it, your damage is a lot worse than what mine had, so I'd say it's probably totaled but I'm just guessing. It might just be something simple though, maybe a bent tie rod? But then there's the body work, etc. Personally, I'm planning on just getting a few junkyard parts and throwing them on, dunno if that's an option for you.

Comment

Originally posted by woodisgood View Post
            Sounds like suspension damage.

Thanks for the tip Mr. Goodwrench! :D

OP, sorry to hear but yeah sounds like most likely the tie-rod is bent.
            Maybe even the control-arm. Worse case would be the whole strut/spindle.

Get an estimate for all the suspension components on that side including a new strut housing and strut insert.

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Fuckin A

The ladies husband kept saying "i'll write you a check, just get men an estimate" Fuck that. I hope your insurance bones you.

For all the "Pics or it didn't happen" folks, I'll get some tomorrow. It was 1030pm so lighting wasn't optimal for pics

Now has anyone ever had an insurance claim on an e30? How quick are they to write these off?[/QUOTE]

another great example of a christian ^

Comment

Originally posted by carfantiti View Post
                What it feels like owning an e30:

88 325 S50 swap in progress
                90 325ix

Comment

id say the estimate is 2000 in parts plus labor

Comment

Originally posted by carfantiti View Post
                    wut

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                    i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                    Originally posted by slammin.e28
                    Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

insurance companies pretty much auto-write off e30s. lol. the good thing is that for the money they give you can buy good fender and new suspension stuff. and have money for left over.

i was paid $3100 for my 87 eta.
                      AWD > RWD

Comment

Well I know the lady as she is one of the people who put on the event I was overseeing. She is usually rude and a bitch normally and doubly so about this. After the cop left she said " move your car so I don't have to hit it again"... Bitch you hit me, how about you be a little more apologetic.

I assume they won't total it but we'll see what the estimates start rolling in at. i figure if they do they should provide a decent amount of funds to buy a nicer vert anyway

1987 BMW 325ic - Emma

Comment

Originally posted by bowtie2bimmer View Post
                          Well I know the lady as she is one of the people who put on the event I was overseeing. She is usually rude and a bitch normally and doubly so about this. After the cop left she said " move your car so I don't have to hit it again"... Bitch you hit me, how about you be a little more apologetic.
                          at least she's not disappointing you by NOT being a bitch

good luck in the proceedings
                          If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

another solid reason to add to my list of reasons why I don't go to church.

Get their insurance to cover it. She hit you, you were parked in a legit spot for your car. Simple as that. I really hope you had some type of police report because if you didn't, the insurance companies are going to try and fuck you for not having one.

I drove my dad's plumbing van to school whenever I had to stay after for JROTC or track. It was a long ass E250 and one of the PE teachers came flying into a spot and railed into the back of the trailer hitch on it. No damage on the trailer hitch but it fucked up his whole bumper on his precious Mazda 3. He tried to coerce me into getting my insurance company to pay for it and I simply said, "You hit a parked car. Why should I pay for it?". Never heard from the fucker again.
                            1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
                            2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
                            2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

She destroyed God's Chariot ,On God's property.

She will burn in hell, Dont worry.
                              1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
                              1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
                              1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
                              1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

Working...
                              X