1984 E30 crash test video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1984 E30 crash test video

Not sure if this is a repost but I have never been able to find an original e30 crash test video until now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a7jqxiN5pI

I suddenly feel a chill going down my spine thinking about if I frontal crash my car.. :|

Comment

Is that bad?

I cannot tell..

Comment

I remember reading somewhere that e30's were top shit back in their day for crash testing.

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
          I suddenly feel a chill going down my spine thinking about if I frontal crash my car.. :|
          why? it does fine. hell, years ago some guy on the board here hit a telephone pole at 60mph. he was pretty cut up and had broken bones, but he kept his legs and he lived. that's a pretty hard impact.. it was an earlier car, too (no airbags).
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

it looks like it was ahead of its time , regarding crash testing looks very safe even some more of today's standards
            sigpic

Comment

I would call that outstanding, the A pillars did not even buckle. Been in one crash with my brother's vert. We replaced the hood and fender, their car was totaled out.
              ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
              ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
              ~ '87 535
              ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
              ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
                Why? That looked surprisingly good to me. The front end seemed to take all the force of the impact, didn't even look like the windshield cracked. Actually makes me feel a bit better daily driving this old car.
                91 318is M50 swapped
                05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Gotta look at occupant kinematics, too. That driver would have some serious neck injuries.

Comment

The engine went under the car instead of in it, A pillars were fine, windshield intact... Why cant cars today do this?
                    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                    willschnitz

Comment

Do e30 airbags actually help? Maybe they would in a very serious crash, but from an average crash most people seem to be scared of getting hit by the primitive airbags.
                      The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                      Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                      2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                      2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                        why? it does fine. hell, years ago some guy on the board here hit a telephone pole at 60mph. he was pretty cut up and had broken bones, but he kept his legs and he lived. that's a pretty hard impact.. it was an earlier car, too (no airbags).
                        There are also lots of people that have died in E30's, but most of them seem to be side impacts.

Comment

Rear seat shipped to 14214?
                          E30 buildy things
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

Originally posted by 10Toes View Post
                            There are also lots of people that have died in E30's, but most of them seem to be side impacts.
                            lots? how many is that? could you name more than one? :p
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

them u.s. bumpers are what saved it for sure!!!

cars today are made to absorb the impact, a car that does not fold up is not nec. a good thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X