Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok so my truck search has petered off to nothing, Durango?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok so my truck search has petered off to nothing, Durango?

Durango SXT 2002 would you buy one?
    price is relatively cheap and flexible. One owner vehicle and need the occasional extra seating for my kids plus GF's kids.

Mileage sucks on them I know but I'm not gonna be commuting with it. Just trip to beachs and towing trailer to kart track and home depot...

Who has owned one? It's a 5.7l I believe.
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Used to have an 04 Ram with the 5.7 hemi. Not sure if it's the same generation hemi, but it was a good engine. No real hassles.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Durangos are pretty poor quality. The engines are so so but the front ends just fall apart on those trucks, not to mention they are incredible tacky and get much worse mpg then a 350 chevy. Get a chevy truck with a 350: suburban,tahoe, pickup or a v6 Tacoma or 4 runner pre rusting frame era. Either would be way better then any dakota/durango. This is coming from a guy who works at independent shop in ohio so i see plenty of domestic and import trucks. The toyota trucks a very refined and drive like cars. The Chevy trucks with the 350 will last forever if serviced (dad had one with 310k miles, guy i work with has 250k on his engines never rebuilt) and drive fairly good.The trans will go at 200-250kbut low mileage junkyard replacements are 250-500.
      Last edited by TopOfTheLine89; 06-12-2012, 04:01 PM.
      97 tacoma 5 spd 4 cylinder
      2001 330ci 5 speed
      83 733i 5 speed, (FS)

Comment

Toyotas or Nissan xterras... best SUVs I've driven.
        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
        willschnitz

Comment

Isuzu Rodeo 96, crashed into a fire hydrant and drove it home, 2miles away

Comment

Had a 02 Durango... it was okay, but my suburban was 10x better with better towing, mpg, and reliability. Tahoe is a little bit smaller and the same vehicle as the suburban

Comment

I would also recommend against it. They're pretty cheap quality, and show it.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

I would never buy an automatic truck. Ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, Ever again.

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
                Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

I drove a 2000 Dakota for 12 years, I liked it a lot. The only problems I had with it were worn out suspension bushings and tons of ball joints because of the 2/3 drop. Went through a couple transmissions too. If I was to get another Dodge again I would go with a manual.

Edit: wow that seems like a lot reading it again. Meh, was still a good truck, daily driven for 150k in Chicago and was rust free when I sold it.
                  - Josh
                  1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
                  Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

If it has the 318 or 360 Magnum, then yes i would. But don't know when they stopped putting them in them. Cause those newer 4.7 or whatever they put in them, I've heard not to many good things about them.

1992 BMW 325iC
                    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                      If it has the 318 or 360 Magnum, then yes i would. But don't know when they stopped putting them in them. Cause those newer 4.7 or whatever they put in them, I've heard not to many good things about them.
                      The 4.7 came out mid year 2000
                      - Josh
                      1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
                      Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

i'd go japanese, the price range of trucks you're looking at was a bad time for american trucks, riding on archaic platforms and lots of quality issues.

perhaps a nissan titan or a toyota tundra?

92 White Mtech Vert

Comment

^
                          Blaspheme

Get a Tahoe/Yukon and be done with it. You will get a better ride, better reliability and better fuel economy, and they are easier to work on too.

When it comes to SUVs and trucks its something GM KNOWS how to do, and a Full size GM SUV will run like shit longer than MOST things run at all. My family currently has 6 tahoe/Yukon with in the fleet, I have 2 of them.
                          Originally posted by Fusion
                          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                          William Pitt-

Comment

having a dakota of the same year that you are looking at, I say dont walk, RUN away from that thing.

Window regulators are pure SHIT, my rear axle took a shit at 90K miles, blower motors and resistors like to go into meltdown, and the interior is made of balsa wood and tissue paper. ball joints replaced under recall, gas gauge needed to be modified (under warranty) because of shitty wiring, etc...... the list is almost endless......

I didnt get a POS 30000 owner truck, I bought this POS new...... FML

anything but Dodge again.....
                            I saved 15% on my Bimmer parts by switching to ...

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                              ^
                              Blaspheme

Get a Tahoe/Yukon and be done with it. You will get a better ride, better reliability and better fuel economy, and they are easier to work on too.

When it comes to SUVs and trucks its something GM KNOWS how to do, and a Full size GM SUV will run like shit longer than MOST things run at all. My family currently has 6 tahoe/Yukon with in the fleet, I have 2 of them.
                              thirded. I don't love trucks, but my friend has a '95 with everything original and well over 200,000 miles. no real issues, except his lead foot. :p

IMO toyotas are going to be overpriced for what you get.
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                              X