I f**kin hate vws

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • delatlanta1281
    replied
    Originally posted by DisgustipatedAP1
    Lmao. You just started working there. You'll learn real quick. There's a reason Hondas and Toyotas run forever... and why modern VW's don't. :p
    Everything will run forever silly. It's a matter of time and money.

    Leave a comment:


  • delatlanta1281
    replied
    I have worked on my fair share, they can suck. I have never heard an Audi dealer tech bitch and whine like the OP is. Nor a VW dealer tech. This means he is the asshole. :)
    Hugs not drugs!

    Leave a comment:


  • immajackuup
    replied
    Originally posted by DisgustipatedAP1
    Lmao. You just started working there. You'll learn real quick. There's a reason Hondas and Toyotas run forever... and why modern VW's don't. :p
    yup!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Rose E30
    replied
    Originally posted by hendrixvodu
    the e30 is just a fad car that a lot of vw kids jumped on...just like everyone is on the "stance" train right now most of you people wont be on here in the next few years when you can afford the next "fad" so im not really too worried ....i mean most of the people that commented haven't been a member for over a year so that just goes to prove this is a fad car at the moment.
    I drove an E30 in an autocross and fell in love with it. Then I bought an E30. It was love at the first corner!

    Leave a comment:


  • Mlarsen
    replied
    Originally posted by 2quikmotorwerks
    I own a vw/audi shop and dont find passat or any audi a pain to work on
    You must be a masochist.

    Originally posted by TimKninja
    The quality of a VW product seems much better then any Honda/ Toyota Ive worked on.
    Care to elaborate?

    Leave a comment:


  • DisgustipatedAP1
    replied
    Originally posted by TimKninja
    The quality of a VW product seems much better then any Honda/ Toyota Ive worked on.

    Just started at a VW/Audi/BMW shop, been working on some VWs and they dont seem bad. Alot less frustrating then an e39 which requires the ENTIRE removal of the rear seats/hatshelf to do the shocks.

    Considering a mk4 Golf for my 60 mile commute every day.
    Lmao. You just started working there. You'll learn real quick. There's a reason Hondas and Toyotas run forever... and why modern VW's don't. :p

    Leave a comment:


  • Kevinxkrazy
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • dougie30
    replied
    Originally posted by hendrixvodu
    HAHAH ok yea you are very right about that
    i can relate... allll of my friends have vw i dont understand they are just not as cool/fun/wellbuilt as an e30 and are fwd....cmon now

    Leave a comment:


  • immajackuup
    replied
    Originally posted by TimKninja
    The quality of a VW product seems much better then any Honda/ Toyota Ive worked on.

    Just started at a VW/Audi/BMW shop, been working on some VWs and they dont seem bad. Alot less frustrating then an e39 which requires the ENTIRE removal of the rear seats/hatshelf to do the shocks.

    Considering a mk4 Golf for my 60 mile commute every day.
    you full of shit.
    VW/Audi=crap.

    Leave a comment:


  • Exodus_2pt0
    replied
    Originally posted by Mlarsen
    I want you all to go out and do a timing belt on V6 Passat and tell me you like VW's after that.

    If you actually work on cars, you hate VW's.
    I instantly see red when I have to work on a VW.

    I have done plenty... Oh and I work on cars for a living.

    Passat Timing belt? Those are gravy, 5 hours pay and done in 1.5 hours. I prefer to utilize the fact that the entire front end comes off easily, exposing the entire front of the engine to work on.

    I think you're backwards, people that don't have experience working on VW's don't like them.

    Leave a comment:


  • kway
    replied
    Originally posted by hendrixvodu
    all in all this tread was a huge waste of time ...i figured of all places this place would be the first to agree that a problematic fwd car is not the best ...but turns out most of the people on here have owned a problematic fwd car haha
    It was a waste of time, but only because your original point was lost when you brought up the secondary complaint about hipster douchebag owners and all the ADD kids on here zeroed in on that. Then you've got all the guys singing about how great their '64bugnotchbacksciroccomk1mk2 was. Completely irrelevant.

    I get what you're saying because I'm also in the business, and I can tell the other guys who responded who get it too. The VWs they put out now are complete garbage. Designed to be assembled as quickly and cheaply as possible with no regard to how they're going to be serviced later on. Consequently, they are generally a nightmare to work on, I don't care who owns it; hipster douchebag, aunt Tilly, your mom, they all suck equally. Audis are about the same. It's bad enough that my boss has started turning away new VW/Audi customers. Pre existing ones are grandfathered in, but we don't need any more. We'll do GIAC flashes and maybe a suspension kit here and there, but that's about it. We're about 85/15% BMW/Porsche these days, and it's a damn nice place to be.
    Last edited by kway; 06-21-2012, 04:15 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • TimKninja
    replied
    The quality of a VW product seems much better then any Honda/ Toyota Ive worked on.

    Just started at a VW/Audi/BMW shop, been working on some VWs and they dont seem bad. Alot less frustrating then an e39 which requires the ENTIRE removal of the rear seats/hatshelf to do the shocks.

    Considering a mk4 Golf for my 60 mile commute every day.

    Leave a comment:


  • thebutcher37
    replied
    Kept seeing this thread title.
    So I came and Son Im disappoint.

    So disappoint, im providing no photo.

    Leave a comment:


  • CHIF8008
    replied
    the only respectable VWs are RWD. few newer ones Look okay, but do indeed suck

    Leave a comment:


  • accident
    replied
    who the fuck post this

    Leave a comment:

Working...