I f**kin hate vws

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • navid41691
    replied
    Originally posted by TobyB
    Fucking Prii...
    Fixed

    Leave a comment:


  • TobyB
    replied
    Fucking Priusses...

    Leave a comment:


  • matthugie
    replied
    I love the stereotyping of what it means if you drive a certain car. It takes only a couple percent of the owner base doing something to make some people think that everyone associated with the brand does the same. Every group has their douchebags, fucking deal with it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nick_S
    replied
    Originally posted by DisgustipatedAP1
    You ever seen a B5 Audi S4 with that bi-turbo 6-cyl engine? That thing needs ponies and Ethiopian children sacrificed to keep it running, and even then it'll only last 100k miles. ;)
    Friend of mines dad has one, all stock sans a chip with well over 100k

    Leave a comment:


  • TimKninja
    replied
    Originally posted by immajackuup
    you full of shit.
    VW/Audi=crap.
    It mostly seems the build quality on the VW's are a little better. Newer Hondas and Toyotas are VERY nice tho, don't get me wrong. The interior Tidbits on an A4 are very nice.

    Just did a timing belt on a Golf, wasn't hard at all. The hardest part was that stupid Motor mount. And if you've ever done a Mk3 1.8T timing belt, you know what i mean.

    Id rather have a VW then some other stupid POS transportation appliance every one else drives. Then again Id rather have a 90's BMW over any VW.

    Leave a comment:


  • Exodus_2pt0
    replied
    Originally posted by DisgustipatedAP1
    Also, quantify your experience with the B5 S4, since you want to play that game. Prove why they aren't clusterfucks to work on and maintain.
    VW Tech for 2 years, I have serviced my fair share. Like I said before, the only people who don't like working on these cars are the one's who don't know how to.

    If a throttle body boot tears, the car will not run right. If you are responsible with your vehicle and repair it ASAP, no damage will be done.

    Carry on, I've said what I had to say and we can just agree to disagree.
    Last edited by Exodus_2pt0; 06-22-2012, 03:45 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • DisgustipatedAP1
    replied
    Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0
    Exactly what I said. I would still like you to list off these other design flaws though. I'm not trying to fight, I just want to pick your brain.

    Oh, and in case you didn't know... Passat's and A4's are the same car. Never said they were the best, never said that the 2.7t wasn't troublesome.

    I wasn't defending anything, just pointing out that you are talking shit out of your ass with zero personal experience.
    No, you just want to be a prick. It's alright, I do that sometimes too. ;)

    If I remember correctly, the big engine issues (other than premature turbo failure) are the stock throttle body boots getting torn and needing aftermarket replacements and cam tensioner issues. I guess the throttle body boot ripping is one of the common factors of the turbos going to an early grave.

    The friend I have around here with one daily drives his and usually has to fix something on it every month or two. His K03's took a shit at about 55k miles and he replaced them with K04's. Car is beast but so is the maintenance.

    Also, only on the Internet does some little guy try to say 'have you owned the car? how can you know it's unreliable!?' I don't own a Ferrari, guess I can't claim that the maintenance is expensive, huh?


    Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0
    You just said the same thing I did. Congrats on saying it's such a crappy car, then admitting that it must be taken care of. No different than any other car.
    Ooh, nice little edit. Except most decent, reliable cars don't have common issues that lead to turbo failure and requiring the whole fucking engine to be lifted out to replace the turbos.

    Fuck VW/Audi, and fuck their apologists that try to downplay what awful cars they are to maintain/service. Also, quantify your experience with the B5 S4, since you want to play that game. Prove why they aren't clusterfucks to work on and maintain.

    Leave a comment:


  • Exodus_2pt0
    replied
    Originally posted by DisgustipatedAP1
    Yeah, no. It's not just about the oil, those engines have several other design flaws which will help the turbos to an early death if they're not taken care of.
    You just said the same thing I did. Congrats on saying it's such a crappy car, then admitting that it must be taken care of. No different than any other car.
    Last edited by Exodus_2pt0; 06-22-2012, 02:53 PM. Reason: second thoughts

    Leave a comment:


  • TobyB
    replied
    meh

    t

    Leave a comment:


  • DisgustipatedAP1
    replied
    Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0
    If you use Synthetic like Audi recommends and change your oil regularly, the turbo's will last at least 100k.

    A picture of an engine does not say anything about your background. Anyone can make claims based off of what they read on the internet.

    Where is the humor in your joke?
    Yeah, no. It's not just about the oil, those engines have several other design flaws which will help the turbos to an early death if they're not taken care of.

    Apparently you're so busy defending one of the most unreliable cars Audi has ever made that you can't see the humor in it. The couple of guys I know with B5 S4's have admitted that the cars are troublesome and prone to having random shit go wrong on the regular. But I guess you're so busy enjoying working on Passats that this somehow means that you're the know-all expert about B5 S4's and their common issues that are well-documented?

    Or are the multitude of S4 owners just a bunch of liars that spread FUD about their own cars for shits and giggles?

    Leave a comment:


  • Exodus_2pt0
    replied
    Originally posted by DisgustipatedAP1
    It's a joke, sir. But somehow I am thinking you are not familiar with the 2.7t engine.

    Any car that needs the engine dropped to replace the turbos (and the turbos do have a good chance of blowing out) and looks like this:

    is probably not going to be very reliable. Not to mention parts are expensive. ;)
    If you use Synthetic like Audi recommends and change your oil regularly, the turbo's will last at least 100k.

    A picture of an engine does not say anything about your background. Anyone can make claims based off of what they read on the internet.

    Where is the humor in your joke?

    Leave a comment:


  • mikeedler
    replied
    Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0
    I have done plenty... Oh and I work on cars for a living.

    Passat Timing belt? Those are gravy, 5 hours pay and done in 1.5 hours. I prefer to utilize the fact that the entire front end comes off easily, exposing the entire front of the engine to work on.

    I think you're backwards, people that don't have experience working on VW's don't like them.

    exactly. every tech at my work hates Mini's and doesn't want to touch em. If you've messed with em a few times it's not hard at all, just a bit different. Yes, a clutch on an e91 328i is a few less hours, but I gotta be at work until 5:30 anyway.

    Leave a comment:


  • DisgustipatedAP1
    replied
    Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0
    It is obvious that you have no idea what you are talking about.
    It's a joke, sir. But somehow I am thinking you are not familiar with the 2.7t engine.

    Any car that needs the engine dropped to replace the turbos (and the turbos do have a good chance of blowing out) and looks like this:

    is probably not going to be very reliable. Not to mention parts are expensive. ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • Exodus_2pt0
    replied
    Originally posted by DisgustipatedAP1
    You ever seen a B5 Audi S4 with that bi-turbo 6-cyl engine? That thing needs ponies and Ethiopian children sacrificed to keep it running, and even then it'll only last 100k miles. ;)

    It is obvious that you have no idea what you are talking about.

    Leave a comment:


  • DisgustipatedAP1
    replied
    Originally posted by delatlanta1281
    Everything will run forever silly. It's a matter of time and money.
    You ever seen a B5 Audi S4 with that bi-turbo 6-cyl engine? That thing needs ponies and Ethiopian children sacrificed to keep it running, and even then it'll only last 100k miles. ;)

    Leave a comment:

Working...