Simple DIY e30 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple DIY e30 thread

Ok so I have looked around the various DIY threads and wanted to see what you guys though about compiling any projects that you have done on your e30 that any regular wrencher can get done. Some of my examples that I will be considering writing up is all red taillights, euro plate filler install, painting mirrors black. Im sure I will have more but im hoping that for the new members they will be able to find some easy mods that dont cost a pretty penny and can be done with the most basic of tools. Let me know what you guys think.

noob, if u use the search button, you'll find it in most build threads and everyone in here mostly DIY.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
    ---------------------------------
    89 E30 S52
    Transaction Feedback.

Comment

he wants to contribute to the community, no need to crucify him for that.

but there's some truth in what you said; most people do all this shit on their own because we're all fairly savvy. perhaps figure out something a bit more obscure, like simple DIY N52 swaps.

Comment

Originally posted by bernzpeed View Post
        noob, if u use the search button, you'll find it in most build threads and everyone in here mostly DIY.
        Who you callin' noob? noob!
        Originally posted by Matt-B
        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

He's not asking for a DIY you dumbass. He's just asking what we want a DIY for. And he's been here a year and a half so I wouldn't call that a noob.
          Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

Everyone relax..
            OP, Bernzy is saying that there's tons of DIY's, like exactly the items you listed. I think it would be good to contribute new information to already existing threads & only create new DIY's that havent been done.

Comment

I think some of the DIYs in there could be redone. Some of the older ones are missing necessary pictures, and others just aren't that helpful. Can't think of any off the top of my head, but there's definitely a few in there.

Comment

Originally posted by evandael View Post
                he wants to contribute to the community, no need to crucify him for that.

but there's some truth in what you said; most people do all this shit on their own because we're all fairly savvy. perhaps figure out something a bit more obscure, like simple DIY N52 swaps.
                1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                willschnitz

Comment

Chillout dude. This guy just asked a simple question...

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I think the problem is that many of these simple DIY's with basic tools are too easy to warrant a written diy. Like all red tails...as long as you know what color lacquer to use, if you can't figure out the rest...idk what to even say. Same with refreshing your front grills and such. I think it's a good idea to have a compilation of little things to do to your car like that, but full written DIY's on how to remove a tail light...
                    The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                    Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                    2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                    2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                      I noe right?
                      He mad ***.

Do I fit in now?
                      Yours truly,
                      Rich
                      sigpic
                      Originally posted by Rigmaster
                      you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

< Always too lazy to wash my hands every two minutes, just so I can take a picture of the underside of my car to show off the little technical ability I have.

Power to this guy, it would be nice to have a thread that noobs can fall back on if they need any help. However, most procedures just involve taking some shit off to put a new piece of shit in its place.
                        ///Z

1988 BMW 325 Super Eta - Elsa

"i"CONVERSIONWARchip&3.0MAF3.73LSDBBSRSsSMILIES"is"SPOILER+LIPHOUNDSTOOTHSHORTSHIFTERPLASTICBUMPERCONVERSIONEtc.

Sell Me Your SCHWARZ FENDERS!

Originally posted by chadthestampede
                        ^ Nothing you post makes any sense.

Comment

To clear things up first I have used the search function plenty and found alot of good info but alot of it has been outdated with missing links or pictures. There are lots of creative people in this community doing so fancy mods. The goal for this thread was to give people ideas on what kind of projects are easy enough for beginners to change up their car. They dont have to be full write ups but just give people an idea of what you did, what you used, how you did it and what challanges you faced. **If there is a good active link then just link it here**

Here a list of stuff I have done before that might give others some ideas.(yes it is repetitive)
                          -all red taillights (materials:masking tape, VHT Red Lens paint, 2000 grit sandpaper or fine scouring pad) Clean area to be painted thoroughly, mask off, lightly rough up the surface, wipe clean and dry and use 2-3 light coats of paint.
                          -euro plate filler (purchase from bluntech or abrahamsmotorsport and install-self explanatory)
                          -mirrors or grill refresher (materials:black paint trim, masking tape, 600 grit sandpaper or fine scouring pad) Clean area to be painted thoroughly, mask off, rough up the surface to get rid of imperfections and remove and shiny surfaces, wipe clean and dry and use 2-3 light coats of paint.

I will be updating with more as I get them done as long as before and after pictures.

Comment

I like the idea.

I think a TIPS&TRICKS thread would be awesome.

For example when I was doing my timing belt I had a shiit load of trouble getting the clutch fan bolt off. I knew it was a clockwise to loosen bolt but being my first try on any type of mechanical work I was failing hard.

Then I got the tip to put the wrench on and smack that wrench as hard as possible with a hammer. What do ya know the bolt loosened up just like that.

Tips or tricks like that are extremely useful to wrenching noobs like myself.
                            SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
                            IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                            BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                              here we go again? the arrogant prick who never stop bullying me. don't act like you're a nice guy.

to all the other guys sorry if i hurt your feelings. but seriously.... be creative.

Originally posted by CabbE30 View Post
                              Everyone relax..
                              OP, Bernzy is saying that there's tons of DIY's, like exactly the items you listed. I think it would be good to contribute new information to already existing threads & only create new DIY's that havent been done.
                              this

jeez... testosterone overload.
                              Last edited by bernzpeed; 07-04-2012, 12:26 AM.
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
                              89 E30 S52
                              Transaction Feedback.

Comment

Working...
                              X